Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam (10350 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Orji Uzor Kalu In Court Today Over Fraud(photos) / EFCC Quizzes Abba Moro, Ex-interior Minister, Over NIS Recruitment Saga / Saraki Fails To Stop Trial: Set To Be Arraigned Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by henroe2k2(m): 6:21am On Feb 29, 2016
Abuja—After being detained for almost a week, former Interior Minister, Abba Moro, will be arraigned today before Justice Anwuli Chikere of the Federal High Court Abuja, to answer to charges of abuse of procurement process and diversion of public funds preferred against him and four others by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

The EFCC is slamming 11-count charge him and four others for allegedly collecting N676.6 million from 676,675 job seekers in the fatal Nigerian Immigration Service recruitment exercise in 2014.

Moro, a permanent secretary in the ministry at the time, Anastasia Daniel-Nwobia, a deputy director in the ministry, F. O Alayebami, one Mahmood Ahmadu (at large), and the contracting firm given the recruitment job, Drexel Tech Nigeria Ltd, are being accused of defrauding 676, 675,000 Nigerian applicants of N676,675,000.

The EFCC said N202,500,000 of the amount was spent on buying No. 1, Lahn Crescent, Maitama, Abuja while N120, 100,000 was used to upgrade No.2, Sigure Close, Off Monrovia Street, Wuse II Abuja.

The commission said the recruitment firm, Drexel Tech Nigeria Limited and Mahmood Ahmadu converted N101, 200,000 to US dollars for personal use.

The accused are also alleged to have contravened the Public Procurement Act, No. 65 of 2007 in the contract awards by not following the necessary procedure laid down by the government.

The commission said the recruitment firm, Drexel Tech Nigeria Limited, and Mahmood Ahmadu converted N101, 200,000 to US dollars for personal use.

The charges are:
“That you Abba Moro, Anastasia Daniel-Nwobia, F.O Alayebami, Mahmood Ahmadu (at large) and Drexel Tech Nigeria Ltd on or about the 17th of March 2013 at Abuja within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court with intent to defraud conspired to induce a total number of 676,675 Nigerian job applicants seeking employment with Nigerian Immigration Service to deliver property to wit: cumulative sum of N676,675,000 which sum represents the sum of N1,000 per applicant under the false pretence that the money represents payment for their online recruitment exercise into Nigerian Immigration Service and which pretence you knew was false, contrary to Section 8 and 1(1) (b) and punishable under Section 1(3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences
Act, No. 14 of 2006

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/n676m-nis-recruitment-scam-abba-moro-4-others-to-be-arraigned-today/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 29, 2016
Hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin
At last, after 5 looooooong years on Nairaland, I am first to commentus. God I thank yhu o.

And as for yhu Abba 'Morocco' Moro, my one thousand wey yhu chop, na only God go separate the wife between me and yhu. God dey.

3 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by Oladimejyy(m): 6:29am On Feb 29, 2016
ALL THIS PDP ARE JUST ENEMY OF PROGRESS(Nigeria) but by the power and authority given unto PMB WE SHALL PUNISH THEM

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by henroe2k2(m): 6:33am On Feb 29, 2016
slowpoke deserves what he gets......

1 Like

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 29, 2016
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by diasporaman(m): 6:41am On Feb 29, 2016
Long overdue
Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by DaBullIT(m): 6:44am On Feb 29, 2016
Oladimejyy:
ALL THIS PDP ARE JUST ENEMY OF PROGRESS(Nigeria) but by the power and authority given unto PMB WE SHALL PUNISH THEM
AMEN

And those who do not believe or want to undermine PMB's effort shall be condemned IJN

13 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by dondo83(m): 6:57am On Feb 29, 2016
long overdue! Nigeria will be great again

2 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by bigerboy200: 7:08am On Feb 29, 2016
PDP stinks to the high heavens...Just imagine how all this revelations of looting would have been swept under the carpet if "our hero" was re elected... It's a shame to associate with PDP at the moment...They raped this nation with all manner of styles.. May God punish evil accordingly....

17 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by Moreoffaith(m): 7:09am On Feb 29, 2016
Justice! justice! justice.

I thought the case has been buried hmmmm

Abeg make dem book 30 years each for this dudes in that 5 star hotel called KiriKiri or Kuje.

Change of environment is good for this thieves.

God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 29, 2016
Day don break for Nairaland ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Today na Monday ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dem suppose pay today grin

4 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by joseph1832(m): 7:19am On Feb 29, 2016
Honestly, I was more than happy when I heard Abba Moro was arrested. Given the caliber of fraud and death he caused, he should have been arrested along time ago, instead, Jonathan left him untouched.

The blood of all those who died during that scam is on their hands, whether they like it or not.

12 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by koboko69: 8:17am On Feb 29, 2016
Jonathan stubbornly kept this wicked thief in his cabinet.

That guy was really an ineffectual buffon.

I can't just imagine?

Should it be Jonathan in power, this guy would have gone scot free.

Shame!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by ubah84(m): 8:33am On Feb 29, 2016
God will continue to punish dat drunkerd and his associates

6 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by tempest01(m): 9:13am On Feb 29, 2016
Long overdue

1 Like

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by Elzends(m): 9:13am On Feb 29, 2016
A case like this reminds me of a song we used to sing back then..

THEY DON DEY GO, ONE BY ONE

6 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by Roidatom(m): 9:14am On Feb 29, 2016
Hmm.
Eyah!
What shall it profit one to enjoy the benefits of corruption only for a few years and end up spending the rest of his forsaken life in jail?

I hope other politricktians are learning.

1 Like

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by martineverest(m): 9:14am On Feb 29, 2016
He should be charged for murder.... Wicked people, everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by Sijo01(f): 9:14am On Feb 29, 2016
Suites should be prepared for them at kirikiri cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by AdemolaA2: 9:16am On Feb 29, 2016
These are people who ridicule the country .you're in position of power and swindle innocent people of their hard earn money. He should just face the wrath of the law cos I see no reason this case should be swept under the carpet.

8 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 29, 2016
This one na good news!!!!

The blood of my 1k must answer!!!

BY FIRE, BY FORCE

This is my week of unprecedented vengeance

5 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by DONSMITH123(m): 9:18am On Feb 29, 2016
good

1 Like

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by hensben(m): 9:18am On Feb 29, 2016
Jonathan and abba Moro are disgrace to humanity.

8 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by priestchurch(m): 9:19am On Feb 29, 2016
PAYBACK is a BITCH.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by saintkel(m): 9:20am On Feb 29, 2016
Dis man scammed Nigerians sha

2 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 29, 2016
undecided
Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by alizma: 9:20am On Feb 29, 2016
IPOD judge in a case involving money is not a good one to the poor masses.
hit like if you agree with me.

3 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by efilefun(m): 9:22am On Feb 29, 2016
Death by hanging just like rev King. The funniest thing is some wailers got scammed also but cuz of their hatred for this present administration they can't voice out..... Lmao

8 Likes

Re: Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam by danysi(m): 9:23am On Feb 29, 2016
Na waooo abba moro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After You See This You Will Never Feel The Same About Nigeria Again (photo) / Namadi Sambo Celebrates His 63rd Birthday Today / Killings: Investigate Ahmed Maje’s Claims - MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.