Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Growing Up In Nigeria By Toyyib - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Growing Up In Nigeria By Toyyib (223 Views)

The History Of Public Relations In Nigeria By Dominic Nwelih / Ecowas Humiliates Nigeria By Admitting Morocco As A Member Of Ecowas / Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Growing Up In Nigeria By Toyyib by 1captain: 8:07am On Feb 29, 2016
Hi all. I am Toyyib. I am the first child in a family of seven. My parents are civil servants. I grew up in Akure. Akure is a small University town in the South West Region. That meant we had fewer amenities than the urban cities. What this show I think is growing up meant I had my challenges has is true for others.

My street is a close knit one, typical culture in the rural areas. Your neighbor knows you, could scold, punish or ask something of you.

My peers on the other hand were my playing mates. We played football, share novels, ideas and imagination.

This afforded me to have people to share the moments with, share burden with, the good, the bad, the ugly. Although I rarely play football these days, when I do I enjoy the moments. The connections that come with relating with people.

Today, I am a graduate, a passionate writer and a believer in a better and fairer morrow. Connecting with people is when I meet with them, talk to them, see light in what they have written, listen to them and other means. So these days what I do is to observe, analyse and think about solutions to our various problems – bad infrastructure, bad governance, dwindling economy, poor education and a host of others.

What is more interesting is our unrelenting attitude. We strive despite the government rather than because of it. We labour to go to school, we push the limit to get our dreams and goals.

We cannot stop. The next option is becoming a thug, a tomato seller, a cab driver. No one wants that life. I think that is the singular reason why we push. The hope for a better tomorrow, a better future, a better life. One in which we envision having a family, shelter, food on the table and other goodies of life. In the end we won’t stop. We won’t relent. We’ll keep pushing, we won’t settle till we’ve achieved our dreams.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Serves To Construct The Iteration Of Collagen / Trick To Open Healthy Business Online And It’s Success / $1 Hosting – Do Opt For Making A New Website For Doing Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.