Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead (56333 Views)

Izaak Theo Adu Flaunts His Chest After Removing Boobs / Yaw Adu 'Sumsum': No Actress Wants To Kiss Me In Movies - Ghanaian Actor Says / Babatunde Adu: Tmoneyadu Jailed In The U.K For Laundering Nearly £1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by gistmeloveblog: 8:58am On Feb 29, 2016

Nigerian veteran actor and dramatist, Joseph Abiodun Babatunde Adu, popularly known as JAB Adu, is dead.

A source close to the foremost thespian said he passed on in his Abeokuta, Ogun State home early Sunday morning.

He was aged 83.

While the detail of his demise still remains sketchy, the source said the man renowned for his role as ‘Bassey Okon’ in the popular Nigerian Television Authority, NTA Drama series, ‘The Village Headmaster’, has been contending with illness associated with old age.

Trained as a professional banker before settling as an actor, late Jab Adu had an illustrious career on stage, television and film.

An abridged version of his biography written by Adegboyega Arulogun stated that Jab Adu started his adult life as a banker with the Central Bank of Nigeria.

While with the apex bank, he squeezed out time to participate as an actor and writer in the popular Village Headmaster, in which he played the role of Bassey Okon, the doctor, dispenser and pharmacist of Oja village.

The deceased was born in Calabar, Cross River State. Thus, it was easy for him to play the role of an Efik in the junction town of Oja.

He left banking in 1970 and went into full acting, writing and production.

He was more renowned in acting but his creative pedigree transcends not just acting that he was very well known for on the screen.

He was a film producer whose production credits include “Bisi, Daughter of the River” and “Adio’s Family”, a series he co-produced with NTA. The film was one of the pioneering efforts that followed “Kongi’s Harvest” and “Things Fall Apart.”

Based upon the Yoruba legend of Olurombi and shot on 35mm on celluloid on location both in Lagos and Badagry, the film threw a challenge to the American and Indian films in the Nigerian cinema circuit because of its production quality and Nigerians’ thirst to see their own people on the cinema screens in the theatres.

Jab Adu, while alive, was a devotee of Grail Movement.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/02/jab-adu-veteran-actor-dies/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by gistmeloveblog: 8:59am On Feb 29, 2016
cry cry cry

May his soul rest in peace

SEE MORE EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS OF HIM @: http://www.gistmelove..com/2016/02/another-popular-nollywood-actorjoseph.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by RoyalBlak007: 9:01am On Feb 29, 2016
..RIP..

RIP
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by PoliticalThuG(m): 9:06am On Feb 29, 2016
Popular? I dnt know him.
Rip

1 Like

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 29, 2016
ohh RIP....bt dis is getting too much nah

see this latest update ::: Photo : Woman Arrested For Raping Her
Female Friend With ‘Fake Pen*s’ http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/02/photo-woman-arrested-for-raping-her.html?m=0
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by chrisbaby24(m): 9:13am On Feb 29, 2016
Chaiii....may he soul R.I.P...
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by mymadam(m): 9:13am On Feb 29, 2016
Farewell bro. Just one of the 'Chapters of Life'. The Grail Movement of Nigeria will miss you.

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by juman(m): 9:51am On Feb 29, 2016
Sorry o.

I cant remember the name.
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by MilesLamar(m): 9:57am On Feb 29, 2016
R.I.P

cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
r.I.p
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by candidbabe(f): 1:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
I know this man
RIP
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Opistorincos(m): 1:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
rip
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by kennyman2000(m): 1:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
83 yrs. Oku eba niyen. Rip sir!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

4 Likes

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by tuna4servi(m): 1:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Death everywhere
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by abiolag(m): 1:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
RIP
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by BE811APP: 1:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
RIP
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by crystalclear(m): 1:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
Eternal rest to the deceased!
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by chukslawrence(m): 1:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Rip
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Eeyah. RIP Sir "Jabadu". I remember him in Saworoide.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by tommykiwi(m): 1:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
RIP
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Baroba(m): 1:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
RIP sir, 83 is a good innings.. Condolences to his loved ones..
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by brunofarad(m): 1:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
rip
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Lukandah00001(m): 1:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
Rip
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by samx4real(m): 1:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
Eeyahhh...

RIP
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Lordgel: 2:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
Deaths everywhere. Let prepare for Christ's coming. Judgement is coming. Repent and live!

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
Rest In Peace. May God also grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by jtjohn(m): 2:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
RIP

1 Like

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Vaabra01(f): 2:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
cum BT me no know im oooo...I go port back frm Korean film to Nigeria movies nw...RIP man
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
RIP Dude. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by Sasuwa(f): 2:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
Jm tm j
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by cegxie(m): 2:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead by madjune(m): 2:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
juman:
Sorry o.

I cant remember the name.

You're too young to know him.

He was known in the 80s.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ali Nuhu Kissing Chika Ike On Set (Photos) / #BBNaija: Bisola Defends Debie-Rise's Outfit To Cross River At 50 (Photo) / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde Hosts Dangote, Otedola, Donald Duke, Others (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.