Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:25 PM

Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread - Phones (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread (138016 Views)

Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) / What The Inside Of Infinix Hot 3(x554) And Tecno Boom J7 Look Like / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by bennito: 10:04am On May 04, 2016
Sapalo007:
What can you say about the screen responsiveness?
LORDCYBORG:
I use tecno j8 and so far the only dissapointment i have experienced is with the camera and earlier on the battery, but the battery is okay now. as for the screen its very responsive. The speaker is very good in closed spaces but when outdoors not so loud.
Used the phone for like one week now, the first two days was quite disappointing as to the screen responsiveness, but as time goes on, it gets better. Presently the screen is quite and very responsive. It's a lovely phone I must admit. About the camera, to me the camera is very clear. The only problem am having wit the phone now is the soft keys does not have "menu" so some app with no menu key can't be operated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by ShiroSan: 4:38pm On May 04, 2016
bennito:

Used the phone for like one week now, the first two days was quite disappointing as to the screen responsiveness, but as time goes on, it gets better. Presently the screen is quite and very responsive. It's a lovely phone I must admit. About the camera, to me the camera is very clear. The only problem am having wit the phone now is the soft keys does not have "menu" so some app with no menu key can't be operated

Which one is soft menu.
If I my ask pls, what app were you trying to get?
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by mizturmike(m): 4:46pm On May 04, 2016
bennito:

It show have a menu key just hold on app selecting keys when you are in one application it should pop up menu's.. I wouldn't know earlier until I tried such option on my tecno l5.. Hope it works

1 Like

Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by BenKafor(m): 7:43pm On May 04, 2016
Dawatech:
Tecno boom j8 worth checking out, the phone is dope! see full specs here http://www.techlug.com/2016/04/tecno-boom-j8-specs.html

I love music phones, will check it out.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by mosjames: 11:47pm On May 04, 2016
bennito:

Apps like?
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by bennito: 6:07am On May 05, 2016
ShiroSan:

Which one is soft menu.
If I my ask pls, what app were you trying to get?
mosjames:

Apps like?
apps like talking clock. I have uploaded it's pic. Still cannot use the app yet cuz of absence of menu both in the app and in soft keys. Anybody that knows way out should plz let me know.

Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by bennito: 6:13am On May 05, 2016
mizturmike:

It show have a menu key just hold on app selecting keys when you are in one application it should pop up menu's.. I wouldn't know earlier until I tried such option on my tecno l5.. Hope it works
have severally done dat, but ain't working
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:28am On May 05, 2016
bennito:
apps like talking clock. I have uploaded it's pic. Still cannot use the app yet cuz of absence of menu both in the app and in soft keys. Anybody that knows way out should plz let me know.

There are no android apps that rely entirely on physical menu keys. Google already ditched those menu keys since android 4.0 ICS. Even Samsung that kept using those keys have ditched them since the s5. If u are having problem with an app then there is something u are not doing right.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by bennito: 9:45am On May 05, 2016
greenhulk:

There are no android apps that rely entirely on physical menu keys. Google already ditched those menu keys since android 4.0 ICS. Even Samsung that kept using those keys have ditched them since the s5. If u are having problem with an app then there is something u are not doing right.
thats the app am having issues with. It's Talking Clock. Maybe there is something am not doing right, will be glad to be put through.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:45am On May 05, 2016
bennito:
thats the app am having issues with. It's Talking Clock. Maybe there is something am not doing right, will be glad to be put through.

U still don't need a menu key. I don't need this app but I just downloaded it to see what the problem is. Just press and hold ur back button for a few seconds and u will see the menu. It works like that on my Samsung phone without menu key.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by sky22: 11:29am On May 05, 2016
I really like the spec of the phone bt some people are complaining abt the camera (low point camera) and I doesn't responds effectively for fast hand in typing.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by ShiroSan: 12:00pm On May 05, 2016
bennito:

Well, I wish I could do more to help.
So sorry bro.

Looks like greenhul has provided a soution.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by bennito: 12:32pm On May 05, 2016
greenhulk:

U still don't need a menu key. I don't need this app but I just downloaded it to see what the problem is. Just press and hold ur back button for a few seconds and u will see the menu. It works like that on my Samsung phone without menu key.
I just did as you suggested, but still no menu,
Thanks for the effort.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by bennito: 12:35pm On May 05, 2016
ShiroSan:

Well, I wish I could do more to help.
So sorry bro.

Looks like greenhul has provided a soution.
no show yet. His suggestion did not work in j8, though it worked in his own Samsung phone
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by freezyprinzy(m): 2:20pm On May 05, 2016
sky22:
I really like the spec of the phone bt some people are complaining abt the camera (low point camera) and I doesn't responds effectively for fast hand in typing.
as for d typin stuff very true
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by bennito: 8:55pm On May 05, 2016
sky22:
freezyprinzy:
freezyprinzy:
Try using the TouchPal keyboard that came with the phone, your story will be different.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Dam5reey(m): 9:33pm On May 05, 2016
bennito:
I just did as you suggested, but still no menu,
Thanks for the effort.
Blame the app developer, It means they need to release updates
As for me I do not like a phone with the onscreen navigation button...
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by tboyw(m): 12:28pm On May 06, 2016
Dam5reey:

Blame the app developer, It means they need to release updates
As for me I do not like a phone with the onscreen navigation button...
but U can always remove them and use something better
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by bennito: 1:44pm On May 06, 2016
tboyw:
plz do well to suggest that better Talking clock app cuz I really need the app
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by joe4christ(m): 2:44pm On May 06, 2016
I initially wanted opting for Tecno Boom J8, but from all i've read so far on this thread from nairalanders first hand experience, i think i'd rather go for Gionee M5, though costly, but with the 6020 MAh of battery life, it will be very useful to me here in Nigeria.
Just inquired from Konga, and the least price goes for 55k. I go just close eye buy am, though painful. Lol!
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by joe4christ(m): 2:48pm On May 06, 2016
Wish i could get a farely used Gionee M5... 55k wan just go for phone just like that, it's crazy that i'm about to do something crazy and i just tend unable to stop myself....
Na wa o!
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Henrybright(m): 4:33pm On May 06, 2016
Just get j8 bro... U will enjoy the phone
joe4christ:
Wish i could get a farely used Gionee M5... 55k wan just go for phone just like that, it's crazy that i'm about to do something crazy and i just tend unable to stop myself....
Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by enoch273: 6:56pm On May 06, 2016
joe4christ:
Na wa o!

Use your tongue to count your teeth and be contented, because contentment is a feast without end, the J8 is a great device and as I ve been using it, the screen responsiveness is stabilising if not stable self, we did not come to this world to buy gadgets and build another mans dream, let's also work towards achieving ours so our kids can run where we crawled.....save cost bro phone is not everything, another phone with jaw dropping specs will be released if you chase after technology this way, you will end up being broke.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Darkseid(m): 7:04pm On May 06, 2016
enoch273:

Use your tongue to count your teeth and be contented, because contentment is a feast without end, the J8 is a great device and as I ve been using it, the screen responsiveness is stabilising if not stable self, we did not come to this world to buy gadgets and build another mans dream, let's also work towards achieving ours so our kids can run where we crawled.....save cost bro phone is not everything, another phone with jaw dropping specs will be released if you chase after technology this way, you will end up being broke.
Is your screen responding well now? I think the problem is from the screen protector.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by enoch273: 12:14am On May 07, 2016
Darkseid:
Is your screen responding well now? I think the problem is from the screen protector.

Yes boss, and I still use the screen protector that came with it
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Dam5reey(m): 12:47am On May 07, 2016
tboyw:

Roplace with what in the case of J8?
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Darkseid(m): 7:21am On May 07, 2016
enoch273:

Yes boss, and I still use the screen protector that came with it
okay bro.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by audiigee(m): 9:44am On May 07, 2016
Hi Guyz,which would you recommend btw Tecno boom J8 and Gionee M5. Cost diff not an issue. Thanks
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by ametu166(m): 2:29pm On May 07, 2016
Pls I need someone using the j8 presently. I need help. Pls drop ur whatsapp number
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by youngflexkid: 3:48pm On May 07, 2016
-Poor display -dull sentivity -good battrey -good design ....i prefer gionee M5
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by youngflexkid: 3:49pm On May 07, 2016
audiigee:
Hi Guyz,which would recommend btw Tecno boom J8 and Gionee M5. Cost diff not an issue. Thanks

u will end up nt enjoying that j8, it just fuckd up
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 07, 2016
youngflexkid:
-Poor display
-dull sentivity
-good battrey
-good design ....i prefer gionee M5

I'm not a fan of both but gionee m5 has an equally poor display. Don't be deceived by this amoled nonsense, the display is terrible. I checked out both phones at slot and the only good thing the m5 has is the battery but it comes at a price... The phone is pretty heavy.

As for the display, both are the same, I immediately noticed the low resolution on both phones when I picked them.. The pixels are noticeable. (Maybe because ive been spoilt by qhd displays). Boom j8 looks better though and its got a better ui. The m5 ui is so terrible I don't think i can ever use it. If battery life is not a top priority, I see no reason why anyone would choose a gionee m5 over a tecno boom j8. It is heavy, ui is ugly and price is expensive.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (40) (Reply)

Yoruba Bible Free Download / Get Airtel 10gb For N100, 20gb For N200 And Unlimited Data For N300 / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.