Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times (1281 Views)

Lai Mohammed Urges TB Joshua To Remain In Nigeria / Blessing, A Rescued Chibok Girl Speaks Fluent American English (Video) / VIDEO: Ese Oruru Resisting Policemen, In Kano -Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by Last2comment(m): 8:34pm On Feb 29, 2016
A teenager, who was allegedly kidnapped from Bayelsa State to Kano, Ese Oruru, said on Monday she was not interested in reuniting with her family, denying reports that she was abducted from her home in Bayelsa State.
In an exclusive audio recording obtained by PREMIUM TIMES on Monday, the girl also said she eloped with her lover to Kano in order to convert to Islam.
“My name is Aisha Chuwas. I am 17-year-old. I came here to be a Muslim and I will stay here,” she said in the audio.
The recording appeared a conversation between Miss Oruru and a police interrogator in Kano.
A human rights lawyer, Huwaila Mohammed, who was given access to the girl at the Zonal Police Headquarters in Kano, said upon interrogation, she understood the girl was never forced to convert to Islam.
“I was there to protect her rights,” Ms. Mohammed said. “When I approached her initially, she refused to talk to me. Later she opened up to me.
“She is very defiant. She told me she was born in February 1999. I personally wanted her to reunite with her family, but surprisingly she asked me to tell her mother that she will never return to Bayelsa.

“The police should ensure that she is protected and returned to her family. She is still not matured enough to take such a weighty decision without parental consent.”
Ms. Mohammed, who also spoke with Miss Oruru’s lover, Yunusa Yellow, said upon interrogation, she established that he is 18-year-old man “not anywhere above 20”.
“I was surprised when I saw a very small boy. He is just 18-year old. I was enraged thinking that it was an old man involved in the saga. From the way I see it, they eloped not because of religion but love,” she said.
In his reaction, the emir of Kano denied reports that he was holding Miss Oruru.
The emir said on Monday that since September last year, the emirate council handed her over to AIG Zone 1, Tambari Yabo, for onward transportation to her family in Bayelsa.
He said the district head of Kura brought the case to the palace when Mr. Yunusa presented Ms. Oruru to the district office, seeking approval to marry her.
The emir’s Chief of Staff, Munir Sanusi, further shed lights on the matter, saying the emir ordered that she be return to her family as she was too young to take such decision.
“The emir attached the girl with the palace emissary, Jakadan Mallam, and one of her relatives to go to the police headquarters,” Mr. Sanusi said.
“Since she alleged threats from members of his family, we involved the police to provide security.”
Meanwhile, the Bayelsa State governor, Seriake Dickson, said he was on top of the situation as he had spoken to his Kano State counterpart, Abdullahi Ganduje, on the matter.
The governor’s Special Adviser on Media, Francis Agbo, said Mr. Seriake had discussed the matter with Mr. Ganduje on several occasions to ensure a faster resolution of the crisis.
PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Miss Oruru’s “kidnapper” has been arrested and is being detained at the Zone 1 Police Headquarters, Kano.
The spokesman for the zonal police office, Rabilu Ringim, could not be reached to comment for this story.
Mr. Ringim, an assistant superintendent of police, did not answer or return multiple calls and text message.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/199287-exclusive-abducted-bayelsa-girl-speaks-out-wants-to-remain-in-kano.html

Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
Such story always follow similar trend. While the heavens fall, the lady involved will always insist she would never come out the relationship. I think there is something we are yet to know about these unholy marriages. It will not be out of place to ascertain ifvthe girl is still in her right senses. She may have been hypnotised. This is barbaric and should be condemned in all ramifications.

2 Likes

Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by bammy00(m): 8:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
Who con dey lie na ? undecided
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ehyaaaaaah! Dem don hypnotize her with 11-inch donkey phallus.

You sure say Sanusi never sample this girl? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by idupaul: 8:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
Okay I give up
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by MoonChildng: 8:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
She is too young to make a sensitive and life changing decision like marriage.

The sex and probably money the man is giving her may have reset her brain.

She may be speaking under duress so that whatever they need to do to the abductor will be tempered.

Even if you want to marry a person's daughter at least speak with her folks except she is orphaned, or could the family have been maltreating her ?

The teen years are years of a lot of confusion though all those hormones can drive a normal person crazy

3 Likes

Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by Last2comment(m): 8:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
That one is rubbish....... They should return her to bayelsa and to her parents....

WHAT KIND OF COUNTRY IS THIS AND WHO IS PUSHING THIS DEVLISH NARRATIVE. It makes Muslim and Islam seem evil. Funny enough many Muslims aren't even condemning the evil act.
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
The boy is even less than 19years! It is just two crazy teanagers love/elopment.

1 Like

Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by doctokwus: 8:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
Story don get k-leg.
But why was she interrogated by a Muslim?
If this had come from a Christian investigator it wud have sounded more blivable
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by highpriest4: 8:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
Stalemate

Time bomb
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by naijaking1: 8:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
The "human right lawyer is suspect"
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by Tunami(m): 8:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
i said it, that girl is a spoilt child even from her pose in the picture that was showed said it all. And moreover how can you follow a man to kano without ur parent's consent.
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by otokx(m): 8:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
By the time they flog her with Plantain leaves that juju go expire.
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by ajokebelle(f): 8:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
I never expected her to say otherwise. After staying with the man for almost six months. She has been brainwashed or threatened for her to say that. #bringbackesetobayelsa.
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by otokx(m): 8:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Tunami:
i said it, that girl is a spoilt child even from her pose in the picture that was showed said it all. And moreover how can you follow a man to kano without ur parent's consent.

My dear this whole thing leaves a sour taste in the mouth, a lot of parents today are an apology.
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by Aromas: 8:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
Aboki dick don dey sweey dis girl grin
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by superstar1(m): 8:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
This is what happened when culture is not properly instilled in children.

That is the headache of her parent.
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
And some folks have been ranting all day wanting heaven to fall on a matter that both yunusa and Ese had wished for themselves. Know the truth and it shall set you free.
We should endeavour to distance ourselves from petty insinuation as it does nothing good.
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by Mynd44: 9:01pm On Feb 29, 2016
Re: Abducted Girl Speaks Out- I Want To Remain In Kano. Premium Times by MrPresident1: 9:01pm On Feb 29, 2016
oqu

(1)

Nigeria Practising A Pseudo Democracy Under Buhari – Ezekwesili / Reno Omokri Definition Of APC’s Change / Rivers: Sacked Policemen Are Heroes Of Democracy - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.