Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Whatsapp Gives Up On Blackberry, Nokia, And More!!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Whatsapp Gives Up On Blackberry, Nokia, And More!!!! (604 Views)

Glo's New Apn For Blackberry Sub On Pc / Brand New Blackberry Phones Bulk Sales / Newly Arrived 16gb Flash Drive And Original Dual USB For Blackberry & Iphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Gives Up On Blackberry, Nokia, And More!!!! by Sanni45(m): 9:07pm On Feb 29, 2016
Facebook-owned WhatsApp recently turned seven years old. What better way to celebrate the milestone than cutting ties with the past? This past weekend, the popular messaging app said it will cease support for seven aging and little- used operating systems by the end of 2016. No, smart alecks, Windows 10 Mobile isn't on the list—but Blackberry 10 is. In fact, all versions of BlackBerry are set to go WhatsApp-less, along with Nokia S40, Nokia Symbian S60, Android 2.1 and 2.2 (Eclair and Froyo), and Windows Phone 7.1. WhatsApp says these operating systems are getting the boot because they don’t have the ability to support upcoming features the service has planned. The company also said it wants to turn its attention to “the mobile platforms the vast majority of people use ” instead of supporting legacy operating systems with dwindling user bases.
Re: Whatsapp Gives Up On Blackberry, Nokia, And More!!!! by alorax2(f): 9:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hmmmm, what will be their gain? Is this another form of change?

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Upgrade My Video Graphics My Using Hp 650 64bits Windows 8 / Uk Use Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 For Sale / Tablets PC (10.1" Quad-core Tablet With Detachable Keyboard)-black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.