Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Gtbank Online Purchase Fraud | If You Were Affected Please Come In - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Online Purchase Fraud | If You Were Affected Please Come In (958 Views)

Virtual Debit Card For Online Purchase At N440 - N450 /$1 Step By Step Guide / How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank / Five Oil Exporters Affected By Currency Devaluation Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Online Purchase Fraud | If You Were Affected Please Come In by aikfrank(m): 8:02am On Mar 01, 2016
This happened to me also, and for this one i refuse to complain in silence. I checked the CBN website, and the appropriate mail i could get was this

Complaints Against Financial Institutions
cpd@cbn.gov.ng

Please let us send a mail to them first. And please let us join hands together in this fight, am ready for a joint task force to sue them to court. I have been buying online for years and this have never happened, please don't let them go away with this, please come in and make valuable suggestions.

Thanks

Re: Gtbank Online Purchase Fraud | If You Were Affected Please Come In by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 01, 2016
I don't completely understand you sha was it transaction issue or fraud .

I had similar problem but mine was POS transaction at a mall. I have my accnt debited without having my goods, cos its not reflected in the store invoice.
So its the Bank' issue.
Re: Gtbank Online Purchase Fraud | If You Were Affected Please Come In by Shakitibobo: 8:18am On Mar 01, 2016
Hi Happened to me too but I got a mail from them that explained what happened. Even me, when I saw N199/$, I must confess I had my doubts considering the parallel market was selling for N387..

At the end of the day, Banks are not Tech companies, they rely on other companies to provide technical support and as bad as we hate to admit it, systems fail once in a while.

Due to a system error, they sold dollars at N199, and if it were your own business, wont you recoup the loss. We complain about Buhari badmouthing Nigeria abroad while where we also are doing the same thing by dragging the bank to twitter or facebook. Such actions will only shortsell our institutions to the rest of the world and convince them that we do not have a banking industry that is strong. if we do this, how will we attract the foreign investment to grow the Naira. MTN, GLO, Airtel have all had several system failures and debited credit from our phones... My DSTV (PREMIUM) expired and I wasn't disconnected, the next time I paid, they instantly debited me and I understood. didn't go around creating a fuss over it. These things happen but doesn't give us the right to destroy our own... just my thoughts sha!!! lets build the economy and grow the Naira (we need these companies to achieve that)

Think about, the N299 rate that was eventually charged by the bank is well within the range charged by other banks. Don't wanna mention names but I did a transaction with another bank that day and they charged me N302

GTB you guys ought to be a lot more careful by the way
Re: Gtbank Online Purchase Fraud | If You Were Affected Please Come In by Donald3d(m): 8:43am On Mar 01, 2016
tell them oo #GodBlessNigeria
Re: Gtbank Online Purchase Fraud | If You Were Affected Please Come In by bigtt76(f): 8:57am On Mar 01, 2016
@embolden grin and you still went ahead?

Shakitibobo:
Hi Happened to me too but I got a mail from them that explained what happened. Even me, when I saw N199/$, I must confess I had my doubts considering the parallel market was selling for N387..

At the end of the day, Banks are not Tech companies, they rely on other companies to provide technical support and as bad as we hate to admit it, systems fail once in a while.

Due to a system error, they sold dollars at N199, and if it were your own business, wont you recoup the loss. W[b]e complain about Buhari badmouthing Nigeria abroad[/b] while where we also are doing the same thing by dragging the bank to twitter or facebook. Such actions will only shortsell our institutions to the rest of the world and convince them that we do not have a banking industry that is strong. if we do this, how will we attract the foreign investment to grow the Naira. MTN, GLO, Airtel have all had several system failures and debited credit from our phones... My DSTV (PREMIUM) expired and I wasn't disconnected, the next time I paid, they instantly debited me and I understood. didn't go around creating a fuss over it. These things happen but doesn't give us the right to destroy our own... just my thoughts sha!!! lets build the economy and grow the Naira (we need these companies to achieve that)

Think about, the N299 rate that was eventually charged by the bank is well within the range charged by other banks. Don't wanna mention names but I did a transaction with another bank that day and they charged me N302

GTB you guys ought to be a lot more careful by the way
Re: Gtbank Online Purchase Fraud | If You Were Affected Please Come In by aikfrank(m): 9:00am On Mar 01, 2016
Guess some of you are staffs in GTB abi? don't worry, when we get to court i will respond to you.
Re: Gtbank Online Purchase Fraud | If You Were Affected Please Come In by aikfrank(m): 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2016

(1) (Reply)

China Visit: Chinese Yuan Now Part Of Nigeria's Official Forex / Any Nairalander Who Goes To Lome To Buy Shoes? / Partner Needed (for A 10m Investment Proposal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.