Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport (27338 Views)

Nigerian Drug Suspect Arrested In Thailand After A Wild Chase By Police / Drug Suspect Breaks Crime Records, Refuses To Use Toilet For 24th Day / Drug Suspect In U.S Jumps Into Ocean To Evade Police, Swims Near Huge Shark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by ijustdey: 8:38am On Mar 01, 2016
National Drug Laws and Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on Monday rearrested a drug suspect Michael Nwobodo Alli, 31, after breaking through a glass wall in an attempt to escape at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA) Abuja.

He was found in possession of 81 pellets of hard drugs packed in a clean Parker Whisky carton along with boxes of chocolates in a duty free bag, spokesman of the anti-narcotic agency Ofoyeju Mitchell said in statement.

The arrest took place during screening of passengers on an Emirates airline flight from Dubai.

As soon as the drug was detected, the suspect took to his heels breaking through a glass wall but was pursued by narcotic officers and apprehended with the help of security officials at the airport. Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect resides in Dubai where he works as a technician.

NDLEA commander at the Abuja airport, Mr. Hamisu Lawan said that the suspect sustained minor injuries in the process.

“During routine screening of passengers, the suspect Michael Nwobodo was found with drugs. He immediately started running and broke through a glass wall in an attempt to escape justice. Our officers ran after him and caught him with the help of other security officials at the airport. It is amazing that he could break through a glass wall but fortunately, he sustained minor injuries and had been treated,” Hamisu stated.

The suspect told investigators that he ran away because he was afraid of arrest. “I live and work in Dubai. I came to Nigeria for my father’s burial but decided to bring the drugs because I needed money. When the drug was discovered, I ran because I was afraid of arrest. I am ashamed of myself and do not know how to face my friends and relatives”. He hails from Enugu State.

NDLEA Chairman/Chief Executive, Col. Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah thanked the officers and members of the airport community for their efforts that led to his re-arrest. “I am pleased with this arrest. I thank the officers and members of the airport community for their support. We are prepared to track down drug traffickers and scuttle the activities of drug trafficking organizations,” Abdallah stated.
The suspect will soon be charged to court, the statement said.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/drug-suspect-breaks-through-glass-wall-to-evade-arrest-at-abuja-airport/135902.html
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by madridguy(m): 8:39am On Mar 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by fctguy: 8:45am On Mar 01, 2016
Maybe the sponsors of the guy did not settle the officials well enough or perhaps the guy is on a solo mission undecided
Our borders are so porous that you can only get caught if you do not know how to play the game grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by seunny4lif(m): 1:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
grin
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by Anthony0094(m): 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
d guy no sabi run

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by kachnov(m): 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
He thought he was in a Jack Bauer Movie set...

If i were a Name checker i will initially be confused with the Ali .juz saying.

7 Likes

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by KAYNINI(m): 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
JUST NAME YOUR SPONSORS AND QUIT THE STORY LINE MY FRIEND

3 Likes

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by shabla(m): 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
I beg release the guy
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by Goldenheart(m): 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
Too much Vin Diesel
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by mentorandfriend(m): 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
People must learn how to embrace industry and legitimate labour. Opportunities are flaunting themselves in our face each day we step out of house.

Now, he has disgraced himself and his family and community.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by markidoo(m): 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nwobodo again my igbo brodas ain't relenting efforts on dz drug trafficking ish.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by Sodiumdawg: 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
Niggas ain't smiling..........
This just isn't the way to make a living.........

1 Like

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by Houseofglam7(f): 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
Name checkers would not be disappointed grin

21 Likes

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by sukkot: 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
dayum. nwobodo why na. how much did nwobodo stole ?

12 Likes

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by faruz: 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
.... Space booked*** m Cuming mke I eat first... I go comment later.......
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
I wonder why people don't think about their family and friend b4 trafficking drugs, now that he's caught he's ashame !!!!!
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by khristals(m): 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
too much Hollywood bruh...

how would u expect to run as efficiently after dashing ur head through a glass wall

1 Like

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by afeezmore: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
B DAT
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by Vodkka(m): 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
Na them oo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by Rexnegro(m): 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
no mata how much the money is I can not I repeat I can not push drugs...once caught u re condemned for life....why do work ur mind can't be at rest why doing it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by wellmax(m): 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
Name checkers, are you surprised?

5 Likes

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by seunlayi(m): 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nwobodo,
why now?
do you need to overspent because of your fathers who is already in heaven?
after overspending, you think drug is the way out?
after arrest, you think escape by breaking thru wall glass is the only route?
Do you know how shamefully people from the town you just mentioned are about you now?
can you imagine the disgrace you brought unto yourself, your siblings and people from your town with hot words from big mouthed Nairalanders?
Do you know that even if your late father have the opportunity to know what is going on now he won't be happy about you?
I am sure you won't be sentenced to death. But when you are in prison, I will advice you to dedicate or rededicate your life to Christ.
I don't want you to loose both earth and heaven.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by boujaye: 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2016
fctguy:
Maybe the sponsors of the guy did not settle the officials well enough or perhaps the guy is on a solo mission undecided
Our borders are so porous that you can only get caught if you do not know how to play the game grin
so they always say our borders are so porous, go try and see how true.

5 Likes

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by daniska3yaro(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2016
Learner
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by ATERI(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2016
With bribery and corruption, nothing is impossible
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by demsid(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2016
Action guy. Too much hollywood

1 Like

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by Icon4s(m): 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2016
So if he had succeeded that is how he would have oppressed people during that his father's burial. angry

1 Like

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by scholes0(m): 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
Cheeei...
Can't help but laugh....

3 Likes

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by Lukandah00001(m): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nwobodo Ali. Fishy. Just saying ni o. Hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by Aminat508(f): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
Lacomus:
J
@your signature Which month??
Re: Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport by emi14: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
Vodkka:
Na them oo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Woman Stabs Two-year-old Son To Death In Ogun State / Man Bath Wife With Acid, Sentenced To Death / Car Wash Attendant Steals Customer's SUV To Punish His Employer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.