Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

GT Bank Incessant Debit Bank Charges On My Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GT Bank Incessant Debit Bank Charges On My Account (1263 Views)

Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) / CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals / CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GT Bank Incessant Debit Bank Charges On My Account by AdemolaA2: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2016
It is with anger, annoyance,displeasure and sadness I write this piece.

I woke up this morning to see ANOTHER debit alert on my current account with GT bank.

308.32 Naira was debited for Value Added Tax and ;
6,166.44 Naira was debited for Maintenance fee.

Throughout the month of February, a lot of incessant debits were made on my account by Gtbank with various excuses of taxes, stamp duty taxes and commission of withdrawal of more than 500k and some other irrelevant charges.
I am really tired of all these mess and I'm thinking of closing my account with them before they empty my account for me with all these criminal debit charges .

Pretty sure they would come up with some funny excuses doing some funny calculations for me when I go there to complain as they have always been doing.

It's just ridiculous and unbearable.

I wouldn't mind if this piece can be moved to general front page so people can share their experiences.
Re: GT Bank Incessant Debit Bank Charges On My Account by MyInfoo: 10:24am On Mar 01, 2016
Same with me. I receive debit and they call it all manners of name. There was a day I made a paypal transaction and GTB charged N299 per $1, same day Paypal refunded back the money and when my GTBank was credited, they reversed with N285 per $1.
Re: GT Bank Incessant Debit Bank Charges On My Account by puskin: 10:28am On Mar 01, 2016
Errrrrrm.........wetin you dey complain for sef.

Value Added Tax is remitted to government......that is 5% which is usually charged when you are transferring money to other banks or you are buying goods with ya card which has VAT included in it.
Maintenance fee is 1%......which simply means that the outflows from your account for the month of February exceeded 6M naira.

IF your outflows from your Current account didn't exceed that figure, then you can start ya complaint.
Re: GT Bank Incessant Debit Bank Charges On My Account by AdemolaA2: 10:34am On Mar 01, 2016
puskin:
Errrrrrm.........wetin you dey complain for sef.

Value Added Tax is remitted to government......that is 5% which is usually charged when you are transferring money to other banks or you are buying goods with ya card which has VAT included in it.
Maintenance fee is 1%......which simply means that the outflows from your account for the month of February exceeded 6M naira.

IF your outflows from your Current account didn't exceed that figure, then you can start ya complaint.

Dear Mr spokesperson for Gtbank,

Deductions and charges were already made on the transactions I made within the month and the charges exceeded these ones I was charged today.
Re: GT Bank Incessant Debit Bank Charges On My Account by puskin: 10:36am On Mar 01, 2016
In the not too distant past, there used to be a whole lot of difference between a Current & Savings account. A current account could do so many things that a savings account could not do then.

But now, the only advantage I can think of between the two account types is...........consideration for access to a Loan facility.

If you know of any other advantage, kindly enlighten me.
Re: GT Bank Incessant Debit Bank Charges On My Account by puskin: 10:43am On Mar 01, 2016
AdemolaA2:

Dear Mr spokesperson for Gtbank,

Deductions and charges were already made on the transactions I made within the month and the charges exceeded these ones I was charged today.

Only VAT on transfers to other banks is deducted immediately.
Maintenance fee charges cannot be deducted during the month, the charges are ONLY held so that you don't mistakenly withdraw it, so that when they now deduct their charges, it will not throw the account into DEBIT.

Why do you think ... ....Available Bal. & Book Bal. always differ on a Current account.

And Please, I don't speak for GTB, I am only trying to enlighten you on the workings of a Current account.
Re: GT Bank Incessant Debit Bank Charges On My Account by Darrenpraise: 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
I thought I was d only 1 being charged for every withdrawal. Thinking of porting to another bank

(1) (Reply)

General Supply Contracts For Goods And Services / Invest In Wristbands / Are There No Mint Notes In Nigeria Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.