Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today (5930 Views)

#Resume or Resign Protesters Hold Sit-out In Lagos (photos) / BBOG Group Blasts Hadiza Buhari-Bello For Raising N3.5m ‘With Its Brand Name’ / I Don’t Know Where Your Daughters Are, Buhari ‘tells’ Chibok Parents, BBOG Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by tapread: 4:09am On Mar 02, 2016
BBOG-21
British Parliamentarians are set to join the #BringBackOurGirls group for its sit-out today as an act of solidarity to the campaign for the rescue of the Chibok girls.

According to a statement available from the group and signed by strategic team member, Jeff Okoroafor, the group noted that today “ Wednesday, our movement shall be hosting some members of the British Parliament at Unity Fountain Abuja, 5pm; at a special sit-out session.”

The statement added that all the parliamentarians, who are members of the International Development Committee – the committee with oversight responsibility for the Department for International Development (DFID) are expected at the sit-out.

The group also listed the names of the MPs and accompanying officials to include: Stephen Twigg (MP and chair), Virendra Kumar Sharma (MP), Helen Grant (MP), Wendy Morton (MP), Albert Owen (MP), Fiona Claire Bruce (MP), Lisa Cameron (MP).

Others include Jeremy John Elton Lefroy (MP), Pauline Elizabeth Latham (MP), Nigel Martin Evans (MP), Rachael Catriona Sarah Cox (staff) and Steven Jonathan Ayres (staff); while these Parliamentarians will also be accompanied by Ben Mellor, DFID Head of Office and Country Representative (Nigeria) , as probably will the High Commissioner.

This visit will become the second within the space of one week that a foreign government representatives will be joining the BBOG group for its sit-out.

Recall that Denmark had pledged to take the campaign of the rescue of the girls who were abducted in their dormitory at the Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State by the Boko Haram sect to the world.

Speaking during his visit to the #BringBackOurGirls group at the Unity Fountain, Abuja recently, the country’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kristian Jensen expressed sadness that the girls who were abducted for nearly two years were still in the hands of their captors and promised to become their voice to let the world know that they are still in captivity.

“I will assure you to work towards making the world never forget, to always fight, to find the truth and bring the girls back alive. I will like to include myself and Denmark in the fight. I hope to be an ambassador of the girls and be a part of saying, we want to bring the girls back,” he said.

Jensen who was accompanied by the Denmark’s Ambassador to Nigeria, Torben Gettermann stated that the fight to rescue the abducted girls was also the fight for the right of education for girl-child adding that Denmark will continue to champion girls’ right to education to the world.
http://telltimes..com/2016/03/british-parliamentarians-to-join-bbog.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by bewla(m): 4:34am On Mar 02, 2016
political stunt and propaganda

6 Likes

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by ril19(m): 5:11am On Mar 02, 2016
and still they didn't bring the girls back up till now..

like black eye peas would say. where's the love?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Luckylife(m): 6:03am On Mar 02, 2016
Is high time bbog tell themselves the truth, there are many underage innocent girls been abducted without the consent of their parents or guidance by Muslim faithfuls and converted to Muslims by marrying them off at that tender age. This was exactly what boko haram did in a large scale. Bbog should try save those innocent girls that are within and not only campaigning for chibok girls that even the government with all his might can't attest their rescue.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by iykebest1(m): 6:54am On Mar 02, 2016
GEJ self

1 Like

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by macino1(m): 7:12am On Mar 02, 2016
Showdown. . .This BBOG is becoming more political than I thought.
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by lonelydora: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2016
They suppose know say na Buhari dey throne.
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by bdemix(m): 9:49am On Mar 02, 2016
It is well

7 Likes

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Pascal181: 9:50am On Mar 02, 2016
Wat of d girls abducted frm Lagos

1 Like

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by HungerBAD: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2016
Following.

1 Like

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Festysnow: 9:52am On Mar 02, 2016
I pray these girls are still alive & would one day be freed. Only God knows what they & their families have been through in the hands of their abductors & also politicians trying to score cheap points.

1 Like

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Theyveedo(m): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2016
h
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 02, 2016
Hypocrites. Offspring of Vipers!
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by thefakestan: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2016
Joining in on NL

[b][/b]
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 02, 2016
K
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by sucemt(m): 10:06am On Mar 02, 2016
have you blamed GEJ today?

2 Likes

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Balkan(m): 10:07am On Mar 02, 2016
I am surprised that since APC came to power the heat of bring back our girls has died down. It's very easy to score a goal when you are a spectator.

Since APC sidelined Oby Ezekwesili after using #bringbackourgirls, she has stopped the campaign.

We are watching.

5 Likes

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by realjoker(m): 10:07am On Mar 02, 2016
Luckylife:
Is high time bbog tell themselves the truth, there are many underage innocent Christian girls been abducted without the consent of their parents or guidance by Muslim faithfuls and converted to Muslims by marrying them off at that tender age. This was exactly what boko haram did in a large scale. Bbog should try save those innocent girls that are within before campaigning for chibok girls that not even the government with all his might can attest their rescue.
is like u have so much information about these girls that are forcefully converted to muslims. List the various incident. And if you fail to list them you are a religion bigot and remain silent forever. You will be posting rubbish from your enclave in one glorified vilage of yours just to garner likes from toutz like u, i am pretty sure u hav never left ur vilage in your lifetime even once.

1 Like

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by aribidesi1(m): 10:08am On Mar 02, 2016
kk
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by kceewhyte(m): 10:16am On Mar 02, 2016
Isorite
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Vongsama(m): 10:17am On Mar 02, 2016
How exactly does BBOG campaign help in rescuing the girls? They cannot even hold a meeting in Maiduguri. All they do is stay in an air conditioned hall in Abuja. BBOG is political and a big scam.

BTW most of those girls have died in female suicide missions.
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Tokety7: 10:29am On Mar 02, 2016
Yet fools continue to say that BBOG campaign is an Apc set up to boot out Jonah-daft.
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 02, 2016
Where are the chibok fathers or were they all butchered by boko Harm?

APC lies are sitting down and waiting for them

5 Likes

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 02, 2016
Luckylife:
Is high time bbog tell themselves the truth, there are many underage innocent Christian girls been abducted without the consent of their parents or guidance by Muslim faithfuls and converted to Muslims by marrying them off at that tender age. This was exactly what boko haram did in a large scale. Bbog should try save those innocent girls that are within before campaigning for chibok girls that not even the government with all his might can attest their rescue.
Abeg swerve. So because they are thousands of innocent christain girls been kidnapped everyday . The parent, friends and family of this innocent girls that committed no crime asside from been Nigerians should be forgotten just like that! We must continue to put pressure on the goverment to bring back this girls because they have suffered enough!

1 Like

Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by MarieSucre(f): 10:45am On Mar 02, 2016
Nigerians be like
"Its a lie there are no girls, you just want to bring down GoodLuck Jonathan" then later "Why has Buhari not found the girls yet, we he said he will find them immediately he takes office"

Then they be like "white men are just selfish people, they don't like to help us without self interest, why don't they send weapons to stop Boko Haram" then they be like "please we don't need them interfering in our internal issues, they're are all racist"

After then "why are so many people marching for this bring Back Our Girls sef, see them, all of them paid government stooges" then later "why is nobody marching again na, my brother I no tell you before say na lie!"

Me: *throws man hands up* I GIVE UP!!
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 02, 2016
realjoker:
is like u have so much information about these girls that are forcefully converted to muslims. List the various incident. And if you fail to list them you are a religion bigot and remain silent forever. You will be posting rubbish from your enclave in one glorified vilage of yours just to garner likes from toutz like u, i am pretty sure u hav never left ur vilage in your lifetime even once.
No point replying a religious bigot. The only difference btw them and BH is that they are not armed yet.
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by wacoj(m): 11:37am On Mar 02, 2016
Sorry to say I have never believed the story of chibok girls from day 1.
Reading the story of how it all happened, i laugh every time i hear ''Bringbackourgirls"

Quote me! No thing like that!!
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Luckylife(m): 11:56am On Mar 02, 2016
realjoker:
what is this pig vomiting shit for? Did I expose your kind ? Better take your remaining drugs and mind how you quote your masters in here. See how you focus on villages where your kind commit heinous act . Just to teach you life lessons , boko haram / chibok girls are they not converting girls ? Reason like human at least for once or borrow brain . Don't ever quote me with these you programmed mind.
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 02, 2016
tapread:
BBOG-21
British Parliamentarians are set to join the #BringBackOurGirls group for its sit-out today as an act of solidarity to the campaign for the rescue of the Chibok girls.

According to a statement available from the group and signed by strategic team member, Jeff Okoroafor, the group noted that today “ Wednesday, our movement shall be hosting some members of the British Parliament at Unity Fountain Abuja, 5pm; at a special sit-out session.”

The statement added that all the parliamentarians, who are members of the International Development Committee – the committee with oversight responsibility for the Department for International Development (DFID) are expected at the sit-out.

The group also listed the names of the MPs and accompanying officials to include: Stephen Twigg (MP and chair), Virendra Kumar Sharma (MP), Helen Grant (MP), Wendy Morton (MP), Albert Owen (MP), Fiona Claire Bruce (MP), Lisa Cameron (MP).

Others include Jeremy John Elton Lefroy (MP), Pauline Elizabeth Latham (MP), Nigel Martin Evans (MP), Rachael Catriona Sarah Cox (staff) and Steven Jonathan Ayres (staff); while these Parliamentarians will also be accompanied by Ben Mellor, DFID Head of Office and Country Representative (Nigeria) , as probably will the High Commissioner.

This visit will become the second within the space of one week that a foreign government representatives will be joining the BBOG group for its sit-out.

Recall that Denmark had pledged to take the campaign of the rescue of the girls who were abducted in their dormitory at the Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State by the Boko Haram sect to the world.

Speaking during his visit to the #BringBackOurGirls group at the Unity Fountain, Abuja recently, the country’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kristian Jensen expressed sadness that the girls who were abducted for nearly two years were still in the hands of their captors and promised to become their voice to let the world know that they are still in captivity.

“I will assure you to work towards making the world never forget, to always fight, to find the truth and bring the girls back alive. I will like to include myself and Denmark in the fight. I hope to be an ambassador of the girls and be a part of saying, we want to bring the girls back,” he said.

Jensen who was accompanied by the Denmark’s Ambassador to Nigeria, Torben Gettermann stated that the fight to rescue the abducted girls was also the fight for the right of education for girl-child adding that Denmark will continue to champion girls’ right to education to the world.
http://telltimes..com/2016/03/british-parliamentarians-to-join-bbog.html

With the #Ese Saga, it has become obvious that many girls have been abducted over the past years but nothing large scale like what Boko Haram (An Islamic Terror Organisation) did to the Chibok underage girls.
#BringBackOurGirls wherever they may be (search should include Emirs Palaces)
Re: British Parliamentarians To Join BBOG Group’s Sit-out Today by realjoker(m): 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2016
Luckylife:
what is this pig vomiting shit for? Did I expose your kind ? Better take your remaining drugs and mind how you quote your masters in here. See how you focus on villages where your kind commit heinous act . Just to teach you life lessons , boko haram / chibok girls are they not converting girls ? Reason like human at least for once or borrow brain . Don't ever quote me with these you programmed mind.
the topic was about the chibok girls, u tell us to forget about the chibok girls that there are many incriminating forceful conversion of christian girls to muslim that is going on unannounce, u were ask to list the various incident which seems u ar the only one aware of the various criminal act or remain silent forever.. You retort to lamentation as usual like a castrated dog and try to hide your stupidity under that same chibok girls incident that u ask us to forget that there are more devilish act going on that we dont know as ur only case study. and also claim to be master in stupidity. I am not suppose to honour u with a quote as obiagelli urge me to, but if i refused to qoute you one more time you will keep on living in ignorance and keep on believing u are making sense, while you are displaying ur stupidity.

(1) (Reply)

Say No To 'Women's Equality' / Nigerian Churches & Financial Reporting Council (FRC) / Biafra Simon Ekpa Is Contesting In Finland Elections But Says No Elections In SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.