Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Must Read: Pink And Whites - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Must Read: Pink And Whites (626 Views)

Blacks And Whites: The Thoughts Difference. / Watch: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Whites Don't Get To Define Racism / Dark Shade Of Pink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Pink And Whites by noblepassmercy: 5:10am On Mar 02, 2016
Edet visits the salon for manicure as well as pedicure. A usually cheerful beautician welcomes her but soon finds Edet to be of a totally different breed of girls. How well would the two get along in the face of Edet's unquenchable penchant for arrogance and absolute dominance?

"I had to do what I feel was adequate research before writing this story. However, anybody who thinks him or herself very conversant with salon procedures, mostly ladies; might feel certain aspects of this story does not readily represent the exact things he or she is used to with the salon. While I feel that this may mostly be as a result of the differences in practice across cultures, I still wish to ask that such conflicting ideas be ignored. Enjoying the sensual content of the story should always be the most important concentration."

The last time this lady came here, I was made to pick particular interest in her. It was the first ever time I was seeing her, and she was actually accompanying one of my best costumers. Remarkably, all the while she stayed in my salon, she never said a word nor joined any of the numerous girl talks that kept flying among us. She was always either handling and pressing her iPhone or staring blankly through the glass front door to the outside.

Her girlfriend Paulina was rather a talkative and for the one hour plus time she spent with us, she never stopped talking. As soon as they were through, this lady stood and joined Paulina as she walked away - she still neither said a bye nor any thanks. I didn't see her again for a long time – probably for a month or so. Paulina however, never failed breezing in occasionally to do her hair, pedicure and manicure but I never did ask her about her girlfriend until a fortnight before.

What did leave me curious, was her response. She really did not give me a definite answer; remaining neither here or there. I wanted to know why her girlfriend who was admittedly pretty hadn’t come around with her again since the last time I saw them together, but she was apparently not ready to categorically state if the said friend was still in town or not. I wasn’t slow to assume that they had likely fallen apart. As a lady, I am thoughtful enough to know when all isn't rosy anymore between girlfriends and I could apparently see that these two were likely having their own share of the troubled waters. Anyways, as I had a lot to worry about, I was happy to accept it wasn’t any of my cups of tea. At least until I suddenly saw her walk into my saloon that particular Wednesday evening.

She actually sneaked through, as I barely noticed she was there until I turned around from the elderly woman I was fixing a weave-on. In fact, it was her colourful outfit which was also rather too revealing, that actually caught my eyes. When I turned to face her, she was staring into her iphone and looked really lost to her surroundings. Her face was expressionless and she frantically pressed away on the phone's screen! - just like on her first visit. I initially struggled with how best to welcome her, but I eventually did.

"You are welcome o costumer..." I finally said, sounding as casual as possible. I wasn't even sure she was at the salon for my service

She didn't exactly reply verbally. She only raised her head to look at me and then nodded in what was surely a reply. She was certainly not the talking type. Or so I thought.

"Longest time..." I continued anyway.

She still didn't talk but went on to shrug her shoulders, crossing her leg as she did.

"How is Paulina? I never see una for some time now", I wanted to ascertain if I was right about my postulations of a rift between them

"Should I wait? I want to fix new nails”, she suddenly said from nowhere, obviously ignoring my question

“Yea sure. I will soon finish with this madam”, I reassured her in proper English as I had noticed she preferred being addressed that way. I was now convinced though, that she had certainly fallen out with Paulina. What the actual problem was, was still beyond my knowledge. This girl wasn't appearing like someone you could pick up such personal conversations with. In fact, she had looked more like a difficult introvert who ultimately prefers being given the distance. And above all, there was this tad of arrogance about her. I wasn't sure I was really going to get along with her as a casual costumer, let alone a distant friend. But just like I have always maintained in my policies, I was going to attend to her myself since she was more like a new costumer. I was sure my girls will take her up in subsequent visits.

Ironically, It was only rather a bit awkward when I subsequently found this same lady who I was actually thinking about in this not-so-fanciful-way, starring at me when I looked up again from my costumer's hair! I was trying to take a quick glance at her to see how she was coping with the seeming ‘delay’, only to find her looking at me - and rather engagingly! And when our eyes met, she quickly looked the other way! First, through the glass door and then back to her phone amid a wash of obvious crimson embarrassment. Even the way she struggled to regain her composure told you something wasn't really cool about everything. I however, briefly turned to continue with my task which I was almost getting done with, doing best not to think much into what was certainly an abnormal situation. But then, I was still tempted to look her way again to see if had started starring for a second time. 'Fortunately’ she wasn’t, even though I didn't get to remove my own eyes just as then! I actually began to seriously observe this girl. This was when I even took full notice of what she was wearing. They were beautiful but really daring! It was actually an all-pink outfit. A pink zip-down hooded jacket which barely crossed her mid thigh. And then a light-pink camisole with a plunging neckline which audaciously displayed her deep cleavage!

continue reading here http://trendope.com/2016/03/must-read-pink-and-whites/

(1) (Reply)

The Memoirs Of A Dying Man(election Violence) / . / Late Again, A Short Story By Iorkegh Donatus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.