Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi (1423 Views)

Buhari Has Released N72bn For Lagos-ibadan Railway – Amaechi / FG Flags-off Transportation Of Cattle With Railway In Zamfara(photos) / Buhari Commissions Abuja-Kaduna Railway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by telltimes: 8:07am On Mar 02, 2016
The federal government is committed to developing the seaport economy and determined to link all the country’s major seaports to railway to ease the movement of goods from the seaports.
The minister of transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, who stated this at a shipping and oil and gas investors’ forum in Lagos recently said that his ministry was working to re-connect the country’s railway with the seaports in a bid to boost economic activities.
He said that President Muhamadu Buhari’s resolve to diversify the economy had brought to the front burner the need to implement the inter-modal means of transportation in the country.
“We expect that before June or July, we should begin the process or we should start the construction of the Lagos-Kano, and possibly the Lagos-Calabar railway. If those two contracts commence, then we expect that they would generate employment and economic activity would improve,” the minister said.
He explained that the ministry has decided that all of the rail lines must terminate at the seaport so that people can import from any particular place and get their goods on time.
http://telltimes..co.ke/2016/03/fg-to-connect-major-seaports-with.html

1 Like

Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by ademega(m): 8:08am On Mar 02, 2016
I know this government would perform like no other government
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by princemillla(m): 8:10am On Mar 02, 2016
Remember it's still "WILL" thing. until it's done, I would give credit
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by EZENDDIGBO(m): 8:14am On Mar 02, 2016
Anything that is good for the country,they should fasting their seatbelt on time.
The country need change.

1 Like

Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by kYjelly2: 8:16am On Mar 02, 2016
see this noise maker making noise undecided

don't you know you are just a noise maker

abeg shiff angry
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by rottennaija(m): 8:16am On Mar 02, 2016
ademega:

Not just you, I believe and know they will. Let them just start because time is running out and before you know 2019 is here.

1 Like

Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by SMARTKOSSY: 8:19am On Mar 02, 2016
ademega:
Mouth performance!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by Loluarmani(m): 8:19am On Mar 02, 2016
OK
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by dhenri(m): 8:21am On Mar 02, 2016
I knw it will be done by the bold n courageous MAN.

1 Like

Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by ademega(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2016
SMARTKOSSY:
Mouth performance!
guy, I am sure, very very sure ni.
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by Tinubutoto: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2016
ademega:
Whose government? Dont forget Amaechi spent 8yrs building monorail in Port Harcourt and couldn't go 60% of it

1 Like

Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by YungBosco: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2016
@ dis age we still seeing news on railways 'to be connected' its insane.we grown pass alla dis ill stuffs.it shuld've been connected since a decade back.here's to no growing up.need God's intervention
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by koboko69: 10:12am On Mar 02, 2016
YungBosco:
@ dis age we still seeing news on railways 'to be connected' its insane.we grown pass alla dis ill stuffs.it shuld've been connected since a decade back.here's to no growing up.need God's intervention

Yes. Thats why we kicked the ineffectual Buffon out and PDP.

Soon all you will be hearing is connected..... grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 02, 2016
Tinubutoto:
Whose government? Dont forget Amaechi spent 8yrs building monorail in Port Harcourt and couldn't go 60% of it
We are talking 17% and you are giving him60%. This is a government of Shall. Will. Can. Ought etc

2 Likes

Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 02, 2016
As a matter of fact, i cant applaud any government until it's done and not 'will,' 'can' as their usual words. I pray the govt should do something about seaport
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 02, 2016
Narrow guage nonsense

1 Like

Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by hesiod: 11:44am On Mar 02, 2016
ademega:
With the way the government of Apc has broken every known record so far, the future really looks fantastic to heroin addicts cos only them are getting high and happy with the current state of affairs.

1 Like

Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by greatiyk4u(m): 12:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
There will surely be light at the end of the tunnel
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by utytill(m): 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2016
Ameachi and Railway? hmmm,i doubt.
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by utytill(m): 12:43pm On Mar 02, 2016
Ameachi and Railway? hmmm,i doubt.pls go check port harcourt own wey and wey d thing connect.
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by obailala(m): 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2016
Obiagelli:
Narrow guage nonsense
Why do you think he refers to narrow gauges?... Who builds narrow gauge rails in the 21st century?
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by Goddex: 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
aw
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
obailala:
Why do you think he refers to narrow gauges?... Who builds narrow gauge rails in the 21st century?

The presentation i read says narrow guage from kano to lagos, i am shocked this government is planing such nonsense when gej wasted billions rehabilitating one.
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by obailala(m): 1:40pm On Mar 02, 2016
Obiagelli:

The presentation i read says narrow guage from kano to lagos, i am shocked this government is planing such nonsense when gej wasted billions rehabilitating one.
Naah.. then it must be a mistake, I think I saw that too. How can they plan to build another narrow gauge when one already exists?... The plan is for a standard gauge.
Re: FG To Connect Major Seaports With Railway – Amaechi by funlord(m): 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
sad

Rotex! You been connect rivers state own at all? NO! So how you want make boys take you serious?

(1) (Reply)

Chaos In Aba / Lest We Forget What Former President Goodluck Jonathan Said / Hon. Sola Giwa Celebrates His 43rd Birthday With Pupils Of Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.