Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,428 members, 7,864,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

Mend; Human Rights Activists Or Just A Bunch Of Trigger Happy Separatists Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend; Human Rights Activists Or Just A Bunch Of Trigger Happy Separatists Group (652 Views)

Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics / Human Rights Activists Protesting In Lagos / Same-Sex Rights Activists Want Nigerian Homophobic Bill Dropped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mend; Human Rights Activists Or Just A Bunch Of Trigger Happy Separatists Group by B118: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2009
I used to be a bit in support of MEND but i can't help but be a little sceptical, i'm starting to think they are rather dodgy. I dont knw what it is, maybe its to do with the smerk of Okah's face and the fact that he's notdead yet. I mean by now he should have been being killed by the oh so currupt Nigerian polititians, instead he's being given amnesty (mmh)

If MEND was a half reasonable militant group the attack on lagos would have been a way to attract attension of all Nigerians. It would have been a message that one region's problem is all Nigerian's problem.

If they weren't heartless it would have seemed unneccssary to have fatality. If they're worth anything, thier purpose would have been a fight for Nigeria's resources to be well managed, shared equaly amongst all. They seem to be just another separatist group concerned only with the NIger Delta region, like 'sord everybody else'.

If we were all to follow the steps of MEND it'll be an outbreak of anarchy in Nigeria. As far as I'm concerned a man who solves his problem with a gun is a coward. Please MEND we can do without the blood shed

Somebody please enlighten me on thier code of conduct if i'm wrong.
Re: Mend; Human Rights Activists Or Just A Bunch Of Trigger Happy Separatists Group by presido1: 8:36am On Jul 15, 2009
Chose the one you will like to call them. It doesn't change their ideology.
Re: Mend; Human Rights Activists Or Just A Bunch Of Trigger Happy Separatists Group by asha80(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2009
Nigerians respect violence.This is not whitemans country.
Re: Mend; Human Rights Activists Or Just A Bunch Of Trigger Happy Separatists Group by B118: 8:57am On Jul 15, 2009
Nigerians respect violence.This is not whitemans country.

Wow shocked . If i've ever heard anything more annoyingly discouraging, I don't remeber it.
Re: Mend; Human Rights Activists Or Just A Bunch Of Trigger Happy Separatists Group by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2009
Wow . If i've ever heard anything more annoyingly discouraging, I don't remeber it.

Roflmao!!!!

In my Opinion, MEND is not a HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVIST group. That does not apply in this case. It is more a terrorist group.
Re: Mend; Human Rights Activists Or Just A Bunch Of Trigger Happy Separatists Group by asha3: 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2009
B118:

Wow shocked . If i've ever heard anything more annoyingly discouraging, I don't remeber it.

Continue waiting for dialogue.No be dialogue Saro wiwa dey do dey hand am like goat?
Re: Mend; Human Rights Activists Or Just A Bunch Of Trigger Happy Separatists Group by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2009
So because the other side refuses to dialogue, it is ok to pick up arms and shoot them down? How different are you from those you fight against in the end?

Would you be willing to accept your kid picking up a stone to bash the head of other kids who refuse to listen to him then?
Re: Mend; Human Rights Activists Or Just A Bunch Of Trigger Happy Separatists Group by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ topic

the Creeks MEND or the Nairaland MEND?

oh, i forgot- Creeks MEND is now Lagos MEND.

lol

(1) (Reply)

I Say Jail This Yoruba Man:lol: / Nigeria Loses Gas Market To M'east, Russia / Niger Delta-Why Amnesty For Militants Instead Executions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.