Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,936 members, 7,838,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Fear Of The Unknown - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Fear Of The Unknown (518 Views)

Ogun Labour Leaders address workers from bush for fear of thugs / 7 Top Revealing Secrets On How Best To Conquer Fear Of Business Start-ups / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fear Of The Unknown by NikkyIvy(f): 3:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
READ AND BE INSPIRED

Mirabel is a hardworking and zealous staff of a popular company who has passed up promotions at work simply because it would expose her to public speaking and attending of meetings on behalf of the organization. According to her, she has run out of excuses for rejecting her merited promotion, so her next plan is to find another job that would not put her anywhere in front of a crowd. Her words reminded me of how I used to be.

I used to be afraid of failing at anything or being humiliated in public. I just had to be perfect and nothing short of it. Giving me a speech to read at an event meant sleepless nights. A night before the event; I would become concerned that I would become visibly anxious, I would keep on counting down the hours and going over my speech a zillion times. On the day of the event, sitting for any meal would be a problem, my breathing and heart rate would accelerate, I would lose my voice and my hands would shake uncontrollably. I would convince myself that the whole thing was going to be a failure and I would end up being laughed at. In order to avoid experiencing any form of stress or anxiety because of unknown humiliation, I would flee from any meeting just to avoid being selected and freezing in front of strangers. It was easier to stay away completely. Yeah, it was that bad.

I am not a doctor but experience has taught me that excessive anxiety makes you uneasy, fearful, and apprehensive. It negatively affects your life, thus preventing you from reaching your full potential. Anxiety prevents you from setting yourself free and living a fulfilled life. Your life becomes stagnant...

CLICK ON LINK TO CONTINUE READING -http://nikkyivyblog..com.ng/2016/02/fear-of-unknown.html?showComment=1456929724984#c4303791111191641217

(1) (Reply)

. / I Want To Invest About ₦2,500,000 In Uber Lagos. / This Is What To Do If You Are Tired Of Calculating Payroll Manually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.