Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. (1306 Views)

See 'Soldier' Butterfly I Saw In My House / The Snake I Killed Yesterday. / Dog Rescued From Clutches Of A Big Python In Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by goodfornothing(m): 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
Hold on, pix uploading.....
Re: See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by goodfornothing(m): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
Re: See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by tripplephi: 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
You truly are good for nothing

3 Likes

Re: See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by goodfornothing(m): 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2016
It's a shame that people of Nairaland nowadays enjoy seeing threads about dead snakes.
It's bigger shame that the mods encourage this barbaric act by dragging such threads to the front page. As a result, this has driven a whole lot of jobless people to the bush, hunting and killing innocent snakes just so they can see themselves on the front page of Nairaland.
And my question is, what value does it add to your life killing these beautiful animals? Do you know that some pythons give birth just once in their life time, and that more than half the number of their offspring don't survive after being hatched? Can you help conserve these animals that are gradually running into extinction by sparing them please? And can you mods stop moving threads of killed snakes to the front page? I know you can because you're a human being. Thank you.
Re: See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by joefredd006(m): 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2016
goodfornothing:
It's a shame that people of Nairaland nowadays enjoy seeing threads about dead snakes.
It's bigger shame that the mods encourage this barbaric act by dragging such threads to the front page. As a result, this has driven a whole lot of jobless people to the bush, hunting and killing innocent snakes just so they can see themselves on the front page of Nairaland.
And my question is, what value does it add to your life killing these beautiful animals? Do you know that some pythons give birth just once in their life time, and that more than half the number of their offspring don't survive after being hatched? Can you help conserve these animals that are gradually running into extinction by sparing them please? And can you mods stop moving threads of killed snakes to the front page? I know you can because you're a human being. Thank you.

I know you hold animal lives in high esteem. probably you're also a vegetarian and stuff. but this is africa. have you heard of 'survival of the fittest' ?

that's what comes into play when i find a 12 feet spectacled cobra in my garden. now i paid for the land, it didn't. so it has crossed into my own domain. moreover, it can afford to hatch and leave its offspring, but i can't afford to let my children come in harm's way by it's presence.

We are all beasts. Just that some have found a way to protects themselves better

5 Likes

Re: See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by TheHeGoat: 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
I like this. God bless you, Op.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by TheHeGoat: 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2016
joefredd006:

I know you hold animal lives in high esteem. probably you're also a vegetarian and stuff. but this is africa. have you heard of 'survival of the fittest' ?

that's what comes into play when i find a 12 feet spectacled cobra in my garden. now i paid for the land, it didn't. so it has crossed into my own domain. moreover, it can afford to hatch and leave its offspring, but i can't afford to let my children come in harm's way by it's presence.

We are all beasts. Just that some have found a way to protects themselves better
And you're telling me there's no way to chase the cobra away without killing it?
Re: See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by joefredd006(m): 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2016
TheHeGoat:

And you're telling me there's no way to chase the cobra away without killing it?

have you ever confronted a wild animal before . they reason in opposition to human gesture. take a dog for instance (though its domestic) when you smile at it, it sees baring of one's teeth as a sign Of aggression. hence it tries to attack.

chasing it away will work, just as much as trying to lull it to sleep with a lullaby

1 Like

Re: See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by TheHeGoat: 5:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
joefredd006:

have you ever confronted a wild animal before . they reason in opposition to human gesture. take a dog for instance (though its domestic) when you smile at it, it sees baring of one's teeth as a sign Of aggression. hence it tries to attack.

chasing it away will work, just as much as trying to lull it to sleep with a lullaby
Use a very long stick and keep pushing it to whichever direction you want it to go. Trust me, it will go and never come back again. Snakes are very intelligent animals. They never come back to where they're not welcomed, unlike your dogs!
Re: See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by Baroba(m): 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
goodfornothing:

Clap clap clap
Re: See The Big Python I Killed Yesterday Near My House. by goodfornothing(m): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
TheHeGoat:
I like this. God bless you, Op.
You're welcome wink

(1) (Reply)

Jack Shepard Puppies For Sale At Affordable Price / He Gets Bigger By The Day / Rabbit For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.