Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva (1503 Views)

Sbarro 4×4+2: The Ugliest Car At The 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Photos) / Made-In-Nigeria Hybrid Electric Car Unveiled In Abuja (Photos) / The Fastest Car Of Every Decade (1880-present) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 02, 2016
If you thought the Bugatti veyron was faster and more expensive tell me what you think of the Bugatti Chiron.
http://www.bugatti.com/chiron/
The new Bugatti Chiron debuted before the Geneva Motor Show today, and here's what you need to know: The Chiron has a maximum speed of 260.9 mph -- at this level, every tenth makes a difference.

To get to that velocity, it uses a new version of the company’s turbocharged W16 engine, this time using two-stage turbocharging to smooth out the breakneck acceleration. Two snails start spinning early; the others kick in at about 3,800 rpm. Output is rated at 1,500 hp and twist goes up from 1,106 to 1,180 lb-ft. The Chiron sucks in more than 2,000 cubic feet of air per minute; at the same time it moves 211 gallons of coolant.

Carbon silicon carbide discs slow everything down, which are both larger and thicker than on the Veyron. The front calipers get eight pistons, the rears get six.

It has two main catalytic converters, which Bugatti says are six times as large as the units fitted to your Toyota Camry. It also has four more. Bugatti also says the car has the “largest, highest-performance clutch fitted to a passenger car.

“It is part of human nature to cross boundaries and set new records – to run 100 meters faster than ever before, to fly even further into space and to enter new realms. This striving is also our driving force at Bugatti,” said Wolfgang Dürheimer, President of Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S., at the presentation of the Chiron. “The Chiron is the result of our efforts to make the best even better.”

The Bugatti Chiron has miles of carbon fiber, and miles of leather to go with it.
Like the Veyron, the monocoque of the Chiron is made entirely from carbon fiber and now the rear end is made from it as well. Bugatti notes, “if all the fibers used in the monocoque were laid out end to end, they would stretch nine times the distance between the earth and the moon.” Good to know.

Torisional rigidity is on par with LMP1 race cars.

New to the Chiron is an adaptive suspension, which provides “considerably more agility, precise steering response, fast cornering and outstanding roadholding even at high cornering speeds.” It has five modes: lift, auto, Autobahn, handling and top speed. For top speed mode, you’ll need a special key.

The tires were developed with Michelin for this specific application, and they have to be tough. Each gram of rubber is exposed to 3,800 gs of centrifugal force at high speed. They measure 20 inches in front, 21 in back and have larger contact patches than the outgoing tires.

Some of the biggest changes from the Veyron to the Chiron are in the rear.
As for aerodynamics, Bugatti reduced the drag area so that rotating wheels don’t cause as much turbulence. The frontal area guides air through the front for the brakes, coolant and air conditioning. The side inlets direct air to the oil cooler, engine and rear brakes. Like the Veyron, the Chiron gets a spoiler that adjusts four ways: retracted, slightly extended, completely extended and air brake.

Inside the Chiron comes with a new instrument cluster with an analogue speedometer. The faster the car is driven, the simpler the presentation becomes, says Bugatti. Similarly, there are four different presentation modes for the dash: icon, performance, cruise and classic. The car also jumps into the 21st century with Wi-Fi, telemetry and more.

Bugatti says it'll come in at 2.4 million euros, which converts to about $2.6 million. Call that rich uncle with a heart condition.

http://autoweek.com/article/geneva-motor-show/bugatti-chiron-storms-geneva-1500-hp-and-miles-carbon-fiber

Cc Mynd44, Lalasticlala

Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
The show is set to hold BTW the 3rd and 13th of march.

Car price is 2.6 million dollars. How much is the dollar to naira exchanging again. grin
Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by Yungbitz(m): 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2016
Too cheap I think..this beats the Veyron hands down...love the shape
Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by HOTARIO(m): 7:02am On Mar 03, 2016
total planned units to be produced is put at 500. That is 50 units more than the Veyron. Meanwhile of this 500 Units, 150 units have been sold on pre-orders.

Also, at projected top speed the 100ltr full tank of fuel will be empty in 8-10 minutes.

US specs yet to be determined and prices yet to be fixed.
Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by BiggerBangs: 8:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Floyd Mayweathers car
Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by rickkychidex111(m): 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
* I know C. Ronaldo must own one.
* Mayweather must own one self.... if not even two grin ...
* Messi may own one shaaa.
* Prince of Dubai must own one too...
* Lil wayne/Birdman/Rihanna/Meekmeel/JayZ/Chris brown/Justin beiber/kim K......and few others might wanna own one shaaaaa. but make dem no bankrupt shaaaa grin

* make Linda ikeji self go buy one naaa....or make she buy one for me kwanu grin

Who else? Add ur list.

Then in naija....who do u think can buy dis motor? add your list.
Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by wtfCode: 8:11am On Jun 04, 2016
Can't wait to drive this car. Precisely in the next Need4speed
Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 04, 2016
You mean to say that NFS rival has the updated cars as far back as 2015? I'm definitely gettin that game
wtfCode:
Can't wait to drive this car.
Precisely in the next Need4speed
Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by wtfCode: 11:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
Silkmoth33:
You mean to say that NFS rival has the updated cars as far back as 2015? I'm definitely gettin that game
yea, best game ever
Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by lonelydora: 5:50am On Jun 05, 2016
I pray to get to that level where this will be one of the toys in my garage.
Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by lonelydora: 5:53am On Jun 05, 2016
rickkychidex111:
* I know C. Ronaldo must own one.
* Mayweather must own one self.... if not even two grin ...
* Messi may own one shaaa.
* Prince of Dubai must own one too...
* Lil wayne/Birdman/Rihanna/Meekmeel/JayZ/Chris brown/Justin beiber/kim K......and few others might wanna own one shaaaaa. but make dem no bankrupt shaaaa grin

* make Linda ikeji self go buy one naaa....or make she buy one for me kwanu grin

Who else? Add ur list.

Then in naija....who do u think can buy dis motor? add your list.

I wanted to say Kola Aluko (Diezani's accomplice) but remembered he's with EFCC.
Re: Most Expensive And Fastest Car In The World To Be Unveiled In Geneva by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hello bae! You like fast cars, huh?! I've got a grand turismo super charged bentley below my belt, do you want to see it? grin
lonelydora:

I wanted to say Kola Aluko (Diezani's accomplice) but remembered he's with EFCC.

(1) (Reply)

Recommend A Good Electrically Neutral Thermal Adhesive / Power of well maintened cars / Volkswagen Passat 2001 For Urgent Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.