Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case (1579 Views)

Coroner Reveals What Killed Isiaka Adeleke / Court Faults Forgery Charge Against Saraki, Ekweremadu / Supreme Court Faults INEC For Partisan Role In Election Petition Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by Nosa77(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
SYNAGOGUE: CORONER CANNOT DETERMINE THAT COLLAPSE WAS DUE TO STRUCTURAL FAILURE – Justice Alogba

The coroner’s verdict which recommended the prosecution of the engineer and contractor that handled the collapsed Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) building has been faulted by Justice K.O. Alogba of the High Court of Lagos State, Ikeja Division.

While delivering his ruling on the application for judicial review filed by the lawyers to Registered Trustees of The Synagogue, Church of All Nations, Justice Alogba clearly stated that the coroner lacked the powers to recommend the prosecution of the contractors.

It would be recalled that in its verdict of July 8, 2015, the coroner had recommended the prosecution of the contractors that handled the construction of the collapsed building in persons of engineer Akinbola Fatiregun of Hardrock Construction and engineer Oladele Ogundeji.

Justice Alogba equally faulted the finding of the coroner which stated that the collapse of the building was due to structural failure. The judge submitted further that only a civil court could make such findings based on the facts presented before it.

Earlier, Justice Alogba had refused the prayer of the Lagos State Government urging the court to strike out the application for judicial review arguing that it was filed out of time.

Responding to the prayer of the Lagos State Government, Justice Alogba submitted that the application was in order as it was filed within the three months period stipulated by the rules of court.

As it stands, the recommendation by the coroner that the contractors should be prosecuted has been quashed by Justice K.O. Alogba of the High Court of Lagos State, Ikeja Division.

Nosa Osazuwa was present during the court proceedings

Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by TheOnlyWiseMan: 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2016
I will comment when I see the source of this information.
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by Nosa77(m): 9:40pm On Mar 02, 2016
I was there. The media won't likely report it because it supports what the church has been saying from the onset. They only want sensational headlines which will indict SCOAN and find the engineers guilty.
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by Makweembo: 9:42pm On Mar 02, 2016
I'm in no position to comment on the internal politics at work in this complicated case.

One thing I do know - the way that building fell down was NOT ordinary...

Structural defect? Sabotage? Perhaps we'll never know the whole story.
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by Amberon11: 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2016
Tb Joshua 's engineers weren't wrong in any way. When structural failures occur, the buildings don't just sink into the soil like the SCOAN building did.
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by jpaul5: 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2016
cc lasticala

It was FP when they said TB Joshua must appear in court; now that he's beginning to be exonerated legally, everyone's gone all quiet

"No matter how long a lie is sustained, the TRUTH will someday prevail."
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by Flexherbal(m): 11:04pm On Mar 02, 2016
I don't see anything meaning coming out of this case anymore.

1 Like

Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by vooks: 3:44am On Mar 04, 2016
Makweembo:
I'm in no position to comment on the internal politics at work in this complicated case.

One thing I do know - the way that building fell down was NOT ordinary...

Structural defect? Sabotage? Perhaps we'll never know the whole story.

Could you please explain what 'ordinary' means.
It is annoying when novices type away nonsense from their keypads and pretend to know better that all the professionals from the various building bodies
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by vooks: 3:44am On Mar 04, 2016
Amberon11:
Tb Joshua 's engineers weren't wrong in any way. When structural failures occur, the buildings don't just sink into the soil like the SCOAN building did.

How do they sink? Care to demonstrate?
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by vooks: 3:45am On Mar 04, 2016
Nosa77:
I was there. The media won't likely report it because it supports what the church has been saying from the onset. They only want sensational headlines which will indict SCOAN and find the engineers guilty.
The judge faulted structural failure?
What did he ascribe to the collapse, the sci-Fi infrasonic weapon, controlled demolition or mami wata?
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by vooks: 3:48am On Mar 04, 2016
TheOnlyWiseMan:
I will comment when I see the source of this information.

Very wise of you.

The source of this ALL lead to one SCOAN sycophant by the name Ihechukwu Njoku

He posted the article first here;
https://watchedtbjoshua./2016/03/03/breaking-news-lagos-state-high-court-faults-coroner-verdict-on-tb-joshua-building-collapse/
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by Amberon11: 7:15am On Mar 04, 2016
I can't expatiate on that now. do look it up, or watch some YouTube videos on it.
vooks:

How do they sink? Care to demonstrate?
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by Amberon11: 7:25am On Mar 04, 2016
true!
jpaul5:
cc lasticala

It was FP when they said TB Joshua must appear in court; now that he's beginning to be exonerated legally, everyone's gone all quiet

"No matter how long a lie is sustained, the TRUTH will someday prevail."
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by vooks: 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
Amberon11:
I can't expatiate on that now. do look it up, or watch some YouTube videos on it.
The reason you can't is because that is bullshiet
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by pedrilo: 2:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
As far as I know, some men r still untouchable in dis country.
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by Amberon11: 10:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
change eludes you. I won't trade words with you.
vooks:

The reason you can't is because that is bullshiet
Re: Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case by okuneddie(m): 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
thank God for social media....it resurrects buried cases and open people eyes to what should be hidden

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Wins APC In Wike’s Unit / ... / What Is Happening In Ph?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.