Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari (3253 Views)

I Appoint More Northerners Because They Are My People And I Trust Them – Buhari / “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up / APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by Ofodirinwa: 12:33am On Mar 03, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has broken his silence on his appointments, which many Nigerians have described as “lopsided”.

Buhari in an interview with BBC Hausa on Tuesday said the Constitution allowed him full control over the choice of his closest officials.
The president assured that he was not ignoring some section of his society in his appointments, explaining that those he appointed were some of his most trusted associates.

Responding to the interviewer’s question on the controversy generated by the appointments, Buhari said[b] “This is the nature of Nigerian politics”.[/b]

“If they will do justice to me, as an elected Nigerian president, let them look at the Constitution a Nigerian president works with, there are people who will closely work with me that don’t need to be taken to the Senate.

“If I select people whom I know quite well in my political party, whom we came all the way right from the APP, CPC and APC, and have remained together in good or bad situation, the people I have confidence in and I can trust them with any post, will that amount to anything wrong?

“I have been with them throughout our trying times, what then is the reward of such dedication and suffering?
“They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments.

“What is wrong if I make you the secretary (of the federal government) because I have confidence that things will go normal?”

On the abducted Chibok girls missing since April 2014, Buhari said the Boko Haram sect had “have scattered them, and are being guarded at dispersed locations.

“Most of the girls are Christians and were forced to embrace Islam. And the sect’s cruel leaders have married some of the girls, obviously against their wish. Others have been left to practice their religion but their condition could hardly be ascertained.

“Both ground and air security personnel in the Sambisa forest could spot where the girls are, but since the insurgents have also kidnapped housewives and other women, no one could say whether they mixed them or how they dispersed them.”

http://247ureports.com/why-i-appointed-more-northerners-buhari-finally-opens-up/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork
Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by boman2014: 12:38am On Mar 03, 2016
Good respond Sir!

We are solidly behind you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by aflame100(m): 12:44am On Mar 03, 2016
Mr President owe no one apology nor explanation as regard whoever he appointed. He has the backing of the constitution. #istandwithbuhari#

3 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 12:44am On Mar 03, 2016
K
Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 12:46am On Mar 03, 2016
I feel the president has his on reason.
Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by bqlekan(m): 12:46am On Mar 03, 2016
God bless the presido
God bless my house
God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by pmakina: 12:49am On Mar 03, 2016
Very well then but I hope when a president elected from another region follows your foot step and appoint only those he can trust from his region your slaves from the south will keep shut like they are doing now.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by thesicilian: 12:54am On Mar 03, 2016
Its a lame excuse, if you ask me. If somebody is loyal to you, buy him a car, give him money, employ him in your farm or set up a trust fund for his or her child, whatever. You don't reward personal loyalty with our national treasures, you don't employ people because they are party loyalists, you employ based on qualifications, credibility and competence!

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 03, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 03, 2016
pmakina:
Very well then but I hope when a president elected from another region follows your foot step and appoint only those he can trust from his region your slaves from the south will keep shut like they are doing now.
shut up loser! No IPOB will come close to the corridors of power in a long time. Your pain has just begun

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by fistonati(m): 12:59am On Mar 03, 2016
Say that to your Northerners, we are not interested. Buhari will start imposing his shoemaker goonz on Nigerians

11 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by Alanzazani: 1:08am On Mar 03, 2016
Setting a very bad precedence. So all this talk about a section being marginalised should never surface again cos d northerners will not be I'm power forever with the advent of democracy. I hope he didn't say this. This country is not your personal affair. That's how the minister of education made the blunder of the century when he was asked if the president must have consulted before appointing new vice chancellors after he booted the previous ones of the nine federal universities out and the so called education minister said he must have consulted his party. ASUU fought for the autonomy of UN versities for how many years and Buhari is coming to take serious issues like appointing a VC which is the prerogative of the governing board of the university and its senate as his right. This government is certainly going to create so much anomalies

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by Alanzazani: 1:08am On Mar 03, 2016
Setting a very bad precedence. So all this talk about a section being marginalised should never surface again cos d northerners will not be I'm power forever with the advent of democracy. I hope he didn't say this. This country is not your personal affair. That's how the minister of education made the blunder of the century when hebwad asked if the president must have consulted before appointing new vice chancellors after he bootedthe previous ones of the nine federal universities out and the so called education minister said he must have consulted his party. ASUU fought for the autonomy of UN versities for how many years and Buhari is coming to take serious issues like appointing a VC which is the prerogative of the governing board of the university and its senate as his right. This government is certainly going to create so much anomalies

4 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by coolitempa(f): 1:10am On Mar 03, 2016
We really don't know how lucky we are to have this great man as our president. Be blessed...Mr President.... cool
Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by Jirate(m): 2:44am On Mar 03, 2016
coolitempa:
We really don't know how lucky we are to have this great man as our president. Be blessed...Mr President.... cool

Exactly how is he a Great Man?, what great thing or things has he done that others haven’t done before?.

listen, if he can fulfills his party promises during the election periods, we can begin to see him in better light.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by xreal: 3:27am On Mar 03, 2016
Carrry on Baba.

You owe no one any explanation.
Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by Tunami(m): 3:36am On Mar 03, 2016
kropotkin2:
shut up loser! No IPOB will come close to the corridors of power in a long time. Your pain has just begun
must you tag anybody that doesnt support your apc saviour an ipob or wailer?please try grow up from that your childish mentality.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by eleko1: 4:15am On Mar 03, 2016
Thank U Baba Daura.We are satisfied with ur appointed so far.Almost all Jona appointed are thieves.Ride on Baba Daura.

1 Like

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by M4gunners: 4:17am On Mar 03, 2016
So he knows there's something called Constitution? Good to know this. I guess the Constitution only applies when it has to favour him.
And nobody care to asked him what he meant with 5%?I can see how the trusted ones he appointed is moving this Country forward.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by modik(m): 4:20am On Mar 03, 2016
coolitempa:

How do you mean

Rewarding personal faithfuls with our collective mandate??

Where lies selfless service as he promised?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by Nobody: 4:40am On Mar 03, 2016
And as usual, let the Zombies shout "SAI Baba.undecided

Competence is being sacrificed on the alter of party loyalty and the zombies won't see any bad thing in it. It's a shame.undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by elopee3000(m): 4:55am On Mar 03, 2016
kropotkin2:
some white people said this In America but today who is president noting is impossible so chill,who knew yaradua will die ?

8 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by opalu: 4:59am On Mar 03, 2016
SirJeffry:
And as usual, let the Zombies shout "SAI Baba.undecided
Competence is being sacrificed on the alter of party loyalty and the zombies won't see any bad thing in it. It's a shame.undecided
Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by Segadem(m): 4:59am On Mar 03, 2016
pmakina:
The agony of sideline
Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by eunisam: 5:00am On Mar 03, 2016
nownownow

3 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by tinkinjow: 5:09am On Mar 03, 2016
Can one imagine the reply. For me I'm not suprise. It's just the beginning...

1 Like

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by BeClever: 5:17am On Mar 03, 2016
kropotkin2:

You are right fool.. .$1=N400...

Corridors of power.. Huh?
I wonder where you are.. Heeh?
Balcony of power.. Shoo?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 03, 2016
Sai EXPATRIATE BaBa

1 Like

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by yhemsy62(m): 5:37am On Mar 03, 2016
Good response
Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by 989900: 5:54am On Mar 03, 2016
Some comments on here even after the president's explanation, are what make people do an 'Akiolu' or an 'Oshiomole'.
Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by jimharry21(m): 5:56am On Mar 03, 2016
This is why GEJ am not particulaly happy with u, u shld have appointed people from ur side so if u fail u will understand it than surrounding yourself with people ready to sabotage u at any given moment and sure they achieved it.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Appoint More Northerners - President Buhari by mightyhaze: 6:03am On Mar 03, 2016
kropotkin2:
dat shdt be ur worry son. Worry if u and ur likes will survive ds dispensation,goin by how tins r panning out.

4 Likes

(1) (2)

Aisha Buhari With Michelle Vs. Mama Peace With Michelle Obama:who Did It Better? / Governor Okorochas Politics And The Ignorance Of Ndi Igbo / IPOB Members Embarks On Road Rehabilitation Project (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.