Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,263 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigerian Woman & Her Baby Detained At An Indian Hospital Over Unpaid Wages(pic - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Woman & Her Baby Detained At An Indian Hospital Over Unpaid Wages(pic (940 Views)

Triplets And Mum Detained In Benue Hospital Over Unpaid N77,600 Bills (video) / 'World's Heaviest Woman' Arrives At Indian Hospital For Surgery / Man Abandoned Wife In Hospital Over Inability To Pay N520,000 Hospital Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman & Her Baby Detained At An Indian Hospital Over Unpaid Wages(pic by chimere66: 12:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
In September 2015, Erinma Laurette Chamberlin, 36, went to Wockhardt Hospital, India, to deliver her fifth child through Caesarean Section. But due to her husband’s inability to clear the medical bill, Erinma and her baby have been allegedly confined to the 11th floor of the hospital for the last five months.

Her husband, Chamberlin Chiemela Ezeama, who is in Nigeria, has issued a legal notice to the Wockhardt Hospital alleging illegal detention. Erinma’s medical visa has expired and her bill has now increased to around N2.4m (she is being charged around N35k a day for the room alone).

The hospital management however said Erinma and her baby “were allowed to stay at the hospital on humanitarian grounds”, after her husband didn’t respond to calls and messages regarding the dues. “Her husband has not bothered to take the family back home despite repeated requests, even when the woman was fit to be discharged 15 days after admission.

Erinma said, “In Nigeria, several women undergo a Caesarean Section end up dead. Friends suggested I travel to India as the country has fantastic medical facilities. I didn’t know that I would have the worst experience here.”

Erinma’s husband said, “I wrote to several government departments. I am ready to pay the dues but over a course of time during which my wife will stay in India. I am unable to visit India due to financial and immigration issues. But my wife and daughter are being wrongly detained in India. I have not yet held my daughter in my arms, I only get to see her on the phone.”

In a statement, the hospital said: “Nobody has barred the patient from leaving the hospital. The couple was unable to pay the entire amount due to constraints and a limit to the amount of money they can carry out of their country. The husband promised to send the money and said that the woman would stay in the hospital till the bills are settled.”

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/nigerian-woman-and-her-baby-are-being.html

Re: Nigerian Woman & Her Baby Detained At An Indian Hospital Over Unpaid Wages(pic by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:10pm On Mar 03, 2016

Erinma said, “In Nigeria, several women undergo a Caesarean Section end up dead. Friends suggested I travel to India as the country has fantastic medical facilities. I didn’t know that I would have the worst experience here.”
And Buhari is allocating billions of naira for just state house clinic

Tonda Faya Devul
Re: Nigerian Woman & Her Baby Detained At An Indian Hospital Over Unpaid Wages(pic by Last2comment(m): 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Woman & Her Baby Detained At An Indian Hospital Over Unpaid Wages(pic by MosakuAW(m): 12:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hmmm!

Imagine, giving birth for the 5th time with CS and under this economy hardship.

"Plenty children is not assurance for old age"

If you give birth to 1,2 or 3 and you are able to take care of them very well, they will surely repay you in future if atall you are waiting for your children to feed you @old age.

Now, the husband has enter debt and created unneccessary problem for mother and daugther.
Pls go and pay your debt for the hospital management to release your family.

The hospital in India is not a charity organisation and they are holding your family for non payment of service render to you and not otherwise.
Re: Nigerian Woman & Her Baby Detained At An Indian Hospital Over Unpaid Wages(pic by Wyttcat: 12:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
They are Biafrans, some ibo governors should put heads together and pay this bill for their sister to go home.
Re: Nigerian Woman & Her Baby Detained At An Indian Hospital Over Unpaid Wages(pic by psquaret: 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
buhari
Re: Nigerian Woman & Her Baby Detained At An Indian Hospital Over Unpaid Wages(pic by nedu2000(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
What does the man expect the hospital to do,how can you even accuse the hospital for detention? Can we now see why hospitals in Nigeria would rather watch you die than lay hands on the sick?
Nigerians are too filled with deception and fraud!! You can't trust them. The man is lying!let him sell his property
Re: Nigerian Woman & Her Baby Detained At An Indian Hospital Over Unpaid Wages(pic by 9jaRonin(m): 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
Mr Chamberlain Chiemela Ezeama please kindly pay the hospital bills for treatment given to your wife and save her (as well as your lovely daughter) further embarrassment.

It was your choice to take her to India so I believe you must have been aware of the cost implication even before your wife boarded her flight from Nigeria. Besides I believe there are hospitals in Nigeria who could have handled your wife's case (with lesser expenses incurred on your part) but you chose not to think in that direction.
Saying that the hospital has detained your wife and daughter is being "economical" with the truth as well as downright ungrateful.

Please sir kindly do the needful or discuss with the hospital authorities in India on a possible resolution of the matter through other means. Your wife and daughter do not deserve this.

#CutYourCoatAccordingToYourCloth

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce Menstrual Pain / ?? / Five Things Women Should Not Do After S3x(your A Victim Of Number 5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.