Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Same Nigeria? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Same Nigeria? (420 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Same Nigeria? by myvision(m): 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Recently, I was reading a book on financial freedom and had to disagree with the writer’s opinion on hard work. Am not saying the writer’s view is totally wrong. But a country like ours Nigeria did not support her claim. More so, the government in Nigeria pretends as if everything is fine. They claim deaf ear to the cry of the poor and ignore the pains of our youths.

Nigeria is a country where there is no longer value for hard work; a county where wrong as suddenly become right. This is a country where thieves are honored with chieftaincy title and fools took pride in corruption. Nigeria is a country where the educated are slaves to the looters (politicians) and no dignity in labor. This is a country where a mother will give her daughter’s hand in marriage to a yahoo boy rather than a master holder in engineering. Nigeria is a country where people will celebrate thieves and looters after being release from prison with drums, music and dance – no sham e and no guilt!

This is not the Nigeria I use to know!!! This is not the country my forefathers gave their lives for; this is not the country our hero labored for – this is not the Nigeria we want!!!

The Nigeria I use to know as a growing child was a country with integrity. A country with high dignity in labor; a country where there is total respect for elders – you don’t dare argue with an elder. The Nigeria I use to know preferred wretchedness to stealing. Even the songs we listened to then are always with values and life. The Nigeria I knew had no single resect for people who squandered and embezzled public fund. Nigeria use to be a country where your neighbor can help you train your child without the fear of rape.
In fact, if you have any trace of questionable integrity; you will lose your friends in the community back in those days. You there not do shady deals!!!
Just wondering; if this is the same Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Lets #FreeIfesinachi To Save This Young Girl 4rm Abduction & Forceful Conversion / Cbn's Emefiele To Be Sued By SERAP Over Secret Recruitment / U.S. Agrees To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.