Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Grow Your Plants Without Soil - Grow In The Air - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Grow Your Plants Without Soil - Grow In The Air (2356 Views)

Grapes Now Grow In Nigeria(tropics) / How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures / Why Soil Analysis On That Farmland?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grow Your Plants Without Soil - Grow In The Air by SreachAeroponic: 9:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
Right now, to feed humanity, we use land equivalent to the size of South America to grow and harvest our food. By 2050 it is predicted that the world’s population will have grown to 9.5 billion people, necessitating the cultivation of another 2.1 billion acres of land.

Agriculture is the competent “general” that was prematurely retired from the Olympian height of playing a dominant role in the Nigerian economy. With the economy now virtually in tatters, the “knight” in shining armour must patriotically respond to the appeal to come to the rescue of our nation.
Professor Oluyemi
Former Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry,
University of Ibadan
(The Nigeria Tribune, Feb. 8, 2016)

The dwindling price of oil continues; preparing the kids for the future remains the goal – education the tool.

Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.
Daniel J. Boorstin

Our wants may differ but our need remains the same irrespective of class, educational background, race, religion, denomination, political opinions or sexes. We all at one point or another need food to survive (even those who don’t like food) as it is a basic need. What we want to quench the hunger may differ but the solution remains the same – food.

Farming in the Room is an initiative to introduce agriculture to the youths; it isn’t about sharing hoes and cutlasses but providing youths with timers, remote controls to grow plants in the comfort of their houses

The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.
Carl Rogers

Farming in the Room Project
Welcome Home:
It is no secret that youths of today want nothing to do with the farm, it is almost impossible to hear any student have included in their numerous hobbies “farming” how much more have an ambition of “being a farmer”.

New Frontier:
Agriculture has moved from what our forefathers practiced, we can today grow our plants without soil and not have to worry about dirt!

Experience Freedom
I introduce to you aeroponics – growing of plants in a misty environ or air in the absence of soil

Farming Without Soil - Aeroponics
The Basics
In an aeroponics system, plant cuttings or seeds are suspended mid-air in a growing chamber, as a mist of nutrient-laden water is continuously sprayed on the roots of plants. Aeroponics systems can be used anywhere, where environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity can be regulated. Sunlight is the primary light source, with some supplemental lighting.

An aeroponics system reduces water usage by 98 %, fertilizer by 60 % and pesticides by 100 %, according to NASA. The lack of soil provides maximum root aeration and keeps roots dry, reducing the risk for diseases. Seedlings can be healthier because they don't stretch or wilt while roots are forming. Harvesting is also easier, especially for root crops, and because plants grow faster, crops can be planted and harvested in the system throughout the year.

There are many benefits to aeroponics.
• Faster growth cycle (3 to 5 times faster than conventional growing in soil
• Huge water savings: Aeroponics uses 95% less water than conventional gardening.
• Plants are healthier, and tastier with enhanced flavanoids.
• Plants need oxygen to grow. That’s right!
• No need for medium
• No aeration system necessary

Why are we not doing aeroponics?
So I asked? If aeroponics is such a good thing, why is not everyone doing it? And what I discovered there are two main reasons.
1. It’s just too complicated (well when not understood) and
2. It appears way too expensive.
Well, I love this type of a challenge. I enjoy research and I love technology. So I combined my two interests to create an aeroponics system that’s affordable.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Maimonides

We will:
• Provide the information you need about aeroponics.
• Learn all you need to know on how to build and run a successful aeroponics system
• Build model aeroponics systems depending on the space available.

Now everyone can be a gardener or an innovative farmer. We give you:
• The great advantage to grow your healthy plants
• Hands on application on agricultural practice
• Participants can decide to grow crops on commercial basis and earn an income
• Participants can set-up aeroponics system (or aquaponics or hydroponics systems) for extra revenue
• Grand Sreach literacy can be listed as being affiliated to your organization and will be available to help out when needed (if you decide to come in as an organization)

The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.
Herbert Spencer

Seize this amazing opportunity, expand your horizon
For training and establishment of aeroponics:
screahaeroponics@gmail.com
Facebook (Sreach Aeroponics)
Twitter (@GSreachliteracy)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grow Your Plants Without Soil - Grow In The Air by router123(m): 10:58am On Mar 04, 2016
Wonder they say shall never end

2 Likes

Re: Grow Your Plants Without Soil - Grow In The Air by NnamdiN: 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
wow
Re: Grow Your Plants Without Soil - Grow In The Air by Konquest: 11:05pm On Jan 05
SreachAeroponic:
Right now, to feed humanity, we use land equivalent to the size of South America to grow and harvest our food. By 2050 it is predicted that the world’s population will have grown to 9.5 billion people, necessitating the cultivation of another 2.1 billion acres of land.

Agriculture is the competent “general” that was prematurely retired from the Olympian height of playing a dominant role in the Nigerian economy. With the economy now virtually in tatters, the “knight” in shining armour must patriotically respond to the appeal to come to the rescue of our nation.
Professor Oluyemi
Former Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry,
University of Ibadan
(The Nigeria Tribune, Feb. 8, 2016)

The dwindling price of oil continues; preparing the kids for the future remains the goal – education the tool.

Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.
Daniel J. Boorstin

Our wants may differ but our need remains the same irrespective of class, educational background, race, religion, denomination, political opinions or sexes. We all at one point or another need food to survive (even those who don’t like food) as it is a basic need. What we want to quench the hunger may differ but the solution remains the same – food.

Farming in the Room is an initiative to introduce agriculture to the youths; it isn’t about sharing hoes and cutlasses but providing youths with timers, remote controls to grow plants in the comfort of their houses

The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change.
Carl Rogers

Farming in the Room Project
Welcome Home:
It is no secret that youths of today want nothing to do with the farm, it is almost impossible to hear any student have included in their numerous hobbies “farming” how much more have an ambition of “being a farmer”.

New Frontier:
Agriculture has moved from what our forefathers practiced, we can today grow our plants without soil and not have to worry about dirt!

Experience Freedom
I introduce to you aeroponics – growing of plants in a misty environ or air in the absence of soil

Farming Without Soil - Aeroponics
The Basics
In an aeroponics system, plant cuttings or seeds are suspended mid-air in a growing chamber, as a mist of nutrient-laden water is continuously sprayed on the roots of plants. Aeroponics systems can be used anywhere, where environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity can be regulated. Sunlight is the primary light source, with some supplemental lighting.

An aeroponics system reduces water usage by 98 %, fertilizer by 60 % and pesticides by 100 %, according to NASA. The lack of soil provides maximum root aeration and keeps roots dry, reducing the risk for diseases. Seedlings can be healthier because they don't stretch or wilt while roots are forming. Harvesting is also easier, especially for root crops, and because plants grow faster, crops can be planted and harvested in the system throughout the year.

There are many benefits to aeroponics.
• Faster growth cycle (3 to 5 times faster than conventional growing in soil
• Huge water savings: Aeroponics uses 95% less water than conventional gardening.
• Plants are healthier, and tastier with enhanced flavanoids.
• Plants need oxygen to grow. That’s right!
• No need for medium
• No aeration system necessary

Why are we not doing aeroponics?
So I asked? If aeroponics is such a good thing, why is not everyone doing it? And what I discovered there are two main reasons.
1. It’s just too complicated (well when not understood) and
2. It appears way too expensive.
Well, I love this type of a challenge. I enjoy research and I love technology. So I combined my two interests to create an aeroponics system that’s affordable.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Maimonides

We will:
• Provide the information you need about aeroponics.
• Learn all you need to know on how to build and run a successful aeroponics system
• Build model aeroponics systems depending on the space available.

Now everyone can be a gardener or an innovative farmer. We give you:
• The great advantage to grow your healthy plants
• Hands on application on agricultural practice
• Participants can decide to grow crops on commercial basis and earn an income
• Participants can set-up aeroponics system (or aquaponics or hydroponics systems) for extra revenue
• Grand Sreach literacy can be listed as being affiliated to your organization and will be available to help out when needed (if you decide to come in as an organization)

The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.
Herbert Spencer

Seize this amazing opportunity, expand your horizon
For training and establishment of aeroponics:
screahaeroponics@gmail.com
Facebook (Sreach Aeroponics)
Twitter (@GSreachliteracy)

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Hen Hatched Yesterday And Died Today Left With Only The Chicks (picture) / Tilapia And Croaker Fingerlings / VIRGIN SHEA BUTTER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.