Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone (48118 Views)

Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri / Nigerian Removed From Flight Over Hepatitis A Gets Unexpected Miracle / Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by vicechancellor(m): 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
the gap between the whites and blacks be like from Lagos to Australia

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ebukaobi:
Another unfortunate case of racial/religious profiling

The guy just simply wanted to travel and he was publicly embarrassed

The most annoying part is the airline did not apologize. If I was him, I will sue them and ask for compensation.

Next time you travel please have a good read of the terms and condition of the ticket that you purchased.

Sue ni kan ko, add Jane si.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by franugo(m): 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
i see nathing wrong with what they did. beta 2 be safe than sorry.. would also be vigilant if i were in a crowded place n an abo.ki entered d place
Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by excellentmomma(f): 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
Pele my countryman, you sef why you go use ISI dey form prayer group? cheesy

Do you blame anybody suspecting you? With all that is happening now.

Pele sha. You will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by Ebukaobi: 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Next time you travel please have a good read of the terms and condition of the ticket that you purchased.

Sue ni kan ko, add Jane si.

I suppose that the T&Cs of the ticket allows for forceful removal from the airplane based on the hunch of a fellow passenger Without any physical evidence to back up their suspicion?

I suppose that The T&C states that your fellow passengers can read your personal messages and make assumptions about your intent?

I guess the T&C of the ticket states that in the event that the accusations prove to be false, it is OK for the passenger to be subjected to verbal abuse from fellow passengers even after his innocence has been established by the authorities?

I also guess that the T&C expressly indicates that the airline does not have to provide an apology for the inconvenience the passenger was subjected to?

Well I disagree with you and I guess that the passenger has brought the issue to public light because he feels his rights has been violated upon

Remember that this is not some local airline in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by kellylander(m): 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
Kudos to d vigilant passenger for reporting him. How could he choose such an acronym "ISI" wen d world is battling terrorism (ISIS, ISIL). Its lik seeing a fellow passenger on a grp chat named "BOKO", I dnt even nid to see HARAM befor i raise alarm ooo.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by chuose: 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
Poor guy!

It shows the world fears the most peaceful religion on earth;

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by abbey621(m): 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
He should have been detained more than a few days and given a couple of smacks maybe then his head go correct. Which one be ISI again? Nigerians always wanting to be more religious than the pope himself....rubbish!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by holluwai(m): 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2016
No mind all these white people, they can poke nose ehn!!?

See this one tongue

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by vislabraye(m): 11:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by usmanktg2(m): 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
These oyinbos are sometimes ignorant.
How can ISIS members call themselves ISIS. Boko haram don't call themselves Boko haram
Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by kayalla(f): 11:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
Dottore:
Sounds interesting but I'm sleepy. I will commente in the morning when I wake up

u go don miss FTC by then, better comment now grin
Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by misreal(m): 11:24pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ebukaobi:

I suppose that the T&Cs of the ticket allows for forceful removal from the airplane based on the hunch of a fellow passenger Without any physical evidence to back up their suspicion?

I suppose that The T&C states that your fellow passengers can read your personal messages and make assumptions about your intent?

I guess the T&C of the ticket states that in the event that the accusations prove to be false, it is OK for the passenger to subjected to verbal abuse from fellow passengers even after his innocence has been established by the authorities?

I also guess that the T&C expressly indicates that the airline does not have to provide an apology for the inconvenience the passenger was subjected to?

Well I disagree with you and I guess that the passenger has brought the issue to public light because he feels his rights has been violated upon

Remember that this is not some local airline in Nigeria
bros forget all these grammer.better to embarrass obama than for over 200 persons to die..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by piagetskinner(m): 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
Those guys should be sued for damages
Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by Jacko01: 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
A very sharp and observant passenger.... More passengers are needed lik dis.... D man does nt knw the trauma he cuased oda passengers busy talkin bout himself.... Selfish fellow hehe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by Ebukaobi: 11:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
misreal:
bros forget all these grammer.better to embarrass obama than for over 200 persons to die..

And after you find out the person wey u think wanted to kill 200 people is innocent, you still do not apologize?

They couldnt have tried that with a white person.

Please read the whole article sir, it is less than 2000 words

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by misreal(m): 11:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
mmmustapha:
Weather they like it or no Islam will dominate the world, proudly Muslim #iamnotaterrorist
shey isis are xtians?? muslim can never dorminate the world with the way u guys r going.u will only scare ppl away from u guys.tel ur isis brothers to pick up a quran and go out for evangelism,convincing ppl to blv in mohammed,instead of killing the innocent in the name of jihad.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by misreal(m): 11:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ebukaobi:

And after you find out the person wey u think wanted to kill 200 people is innocent, you still do not apologize?

They couldnt have tried that with a white person.

Please read the whole article sir, it is less than 2000 words
hahaahah.bros i get ur drift,but lets be frank.do you honestly think they didnt apologize to him,even though they didnt do it publicly??........God help the man say no be naija him dey,him for meet jungle justice inside plane.....hahaah.......criously,maybe they just forgot to say sorry publicly..
Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by tpiar: 11:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
holluwai:
No mind all these white people, they can poke nose ehn!!?

See this one tongue

Is it cold?

Is it warm?

The lady's dressing is outrightly weird.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by wellmax(m): 11:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:
I'm okay with this.

There was some "Aladura" woman on a flight from Lagos to Houston that was having a prayer session too and very loudly. The only thing missing was lit candles sad

There's a place and time for everything.

Have your meeting with your God privately with inside voice and dreamer. I don't believe that this was merely based his phone display alone, there must be more to it.

You didn't read well, he wasn't praying when the woman raised an alarm. He wad just going through messages from a prayer group on his phone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
This is no racism, if you wanna know racism, come to Nairaland. The forum is full of tribal e-warriors.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by UjSizzle(f): 12:35am On Mar 04, 2016
"That guy doesn’t know me and within two minutes he’s judging me. Even if I was a Muslim, it was pretty unfair the way I was treated. If we keep on giving into this kind of bigotry and irrational fear, I dare say that the terrorists will have achieved their aim."
Typical example of what happened in the movie 'Crash'.
Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 04, 2016
wellmax:

You didn't read well, he wasn't praying when the woman raised an alarm. He wad just going through messages from a prayer group on his phone.

And you read but don't comprehend at all.

I stand by my assertion, you don't have to agree.
Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by datigbogirl: 12:53am On Mar 04, 2016
bebe2:
sorry bro,
but they did the right thing.
that ISI is a trigger, if i saw it i wud have done the same it.
there is no time for political correctness, the threat of ''isis'' is too real.
am sure they will apologise once they realise the mistake cool cool
I wonder people wey go dey give demself ISI men as name....na dem sabi...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by kay29000(m): 12:55am On Mar 04, 2016
bebe2:
sorry bro,

but they did the right thing.

that ISI is a trigger, if i saw it i wud have done the same it.

there is no time for political correctness, the threat of ''isis'' is too real.

am sure they will apologise once they realise the mistake cool cool

Me too. People shouldn't look at this as racist or anything like that. You see "ISI" and "prayer" in the same sentence, of cos you are going react.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 04, 2016
mmmustapha:
Weather they like it or no Islam will dominate the world, proudly Muslim #iamnotaterrorist
What you are calling for won't help you.
Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by guiddoti: 1:54am On Mar 04, 2016
mmmustapha:
eyan mayweather

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 04, 2016
better safe than sorry
Re: Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone by opribo(m): 2:57am On Mar 04, 2016
How did we get here. That terrorist have put the whole world or fear mode but the bible says we should fear not.

The good people of the world must know that since these terrorist are not afraid to die for their cause. Therefore Christians must be prepared to die also for their beliefs. That is the only way to defeat them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa / Ghanaian Lady Made To Jump Into Gutter To Pick What She Threw In There (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.