Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

My Funny Experiences At My Alma Mater - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Funny Experiences At My Alma Mater (482 Views)

Ex Ife Students Give Back To Their Alma Mater / My Alma Mater - A Short Film Tribute To University Of Nigeria Nsukka / ATBU My Alma Matter Great (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Funny Experiences At My Alma Mater by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
After following the NYSC A16 batch which my set will follow, i first got a shocker when i couldn't find my name on the NYSC portal till the deadline for uploading of names was over. I accepted my fate, considering it a human error. And decided to forget NYSC and focus on my Masters Application.

After doing the necessary applications and getting the necessary documents, i was left with getting my transcript, recommendation letters and my certificate. However, since the certificate will not be ready until the next convocation, i was told to replace it with the notification of result. I went to school about 4weeks ago to get these documents.

Surprisingly, i was able to get the recommendation letters same day so i headed to the school's Exams and Records. Then i got the shockers.

After paying the necessary fees and courier fees, i submitted it with the application documents. First shock came when they were to put in my file for processing. My file was missing ( the files were arranged according to matric numbers). We searched the entire offices but they had no record of me. The man was even asking if i was ever a student of the university ( Ehn, after 5years?)

After the bruhaha, arguing and name calling. They gave me a last resort. To go to the department and get my records from 100L to 500L from the HOD. That didn't sound like too hard for me due to my relationship with the lecturers and staffs of the department. I was able to get them and returned it to the Exams and Records same day.

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experiences At My Alma Mater by Artistree: 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2016
Numero Uno
Re: My Funny Experiences At My Alma Mater by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
They opened a temporary file right there in my presence and asked me to come back in 2days time for the NOR.

Fast forward to the day, i went there again. After searching, my NOR was not among those from my department. Hmm?

We checked the whole school's NOR's but it still wasn't there. The man then suggested it must have been placed in my file which they opened days ago. So we searched for my file where i had seen him put it days ago.

But Guess what? The new file was MISSING once again. That's when i knew someone was probably chasing me from the village

(1) (Reply)

Translate This To Correct English Language / We Are Poised To Satisfy Your Need Of Albino Rat For Practical Or Project Etc / This Shout About Hnd & Bsc Equality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.