Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday (18522 Views)

Hoodlums Murder A Young Man In Ogoni, Rivers State Yesterday Evening (Photos) / Car Thief Caught At Ojota, Lagos State Yesterday / Hausa Man Dressed As A Woman Was Caught By Security (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by femiranking28(m): 8:12am On Mar 04, 2016
Amberon11:
For real, you don't go to omoku, you just don't. Even Omoku people don't go to Omoku.
exactly nobody specially young guys go there...
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by PMBisaterrorist(f): 8:33am On Mar 04, 2016
iamjustsassy:
Brave woman... Thank God she's safe
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 04, 2016
Pennsylvania:
Rivers state has become like Borno, not safe any longer! Always in the news for all the wrong reasons
I reside in ph barely knw wat u mean by Rivers State is no longer safe anymore
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 04, 2016
rittyben:

Hmmm. APC alert.
I dey River too and what is happening is not different from what was happening b4. And crime is everywhere not just Rivers.
don't mind them, now the kidnappers are Wike's boys dat whr chased by the military, some of these ppl who come here to comment i jst wonder if they are on weed or demented.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2016
giftnwala:
u guyz r quick to condemn buhari. U guyz don't knw wat is happening here in rivers state, d state governor is not on the same page with security agencies especially d army for instance d ogoni crises, dis hoodlums r not afraid of police again. Wat u guyz shuld b sayin is for d governor to work with d military and stop romancing with ex militants, cultist and violent pple.
so wat the military did in Ogoni is good wit u?,they went to a community nt sent by the governor in search of an Area boy who wasn't even found and ended up killing innocent ppl, hv u wondered who actually sent the military that are docile to politicians on dis errand?.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 04, 2016
darlingnuel:
grin
They are just collecting salaries grin
Poverty is the bane of our having an efficient and effective security system!
jst imagine the Fidelity bank robbery that went on for over 45 minutes if nt an hour on a brode day light wit shooting and explosives, dat part of G.R.A was deserted, the robbers held both customers and workers hostage and the police and so called military could nt do anytin bt to go n kill innocent ppl in Ogoni and destroy a community they whr very proactive at dat.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 04, 2016
lonelydora:
Why is she still carrying out business in Omoku that is currently a war zone? Omoku, Ahoada, Abua/Odual, Emuoha, Buguma (not as hot as the others though) are no go area for now till after election by March ending.
Abua/Odual is very peaceful now cos dats my L.G.A and don't knw abt others, she wasn't kidnapped in Omoku bt on her way to Omoku that is along east-west Road which is like Lagos-Ibadan express road, so these roads are the den of kidnappers and arm robbers in any big city.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 04, 2016
herbie27:
so wat the military did in Ogoni is good wit u?,they went to a community nt sent by the governor in search of an Area boy who wasn't even found and ended up killing innocent ppl, hv u wondered who actually sent the military that are docile to politicians on dis errand?.

I am not in support of d military actions but do u knw d hoodlums exchanged gun fire wit d military men, b4 d military men called for reinforcement. It is regrettable dat in an operation dat involves exchange of fire, stray bullets can hit any one. The military is not accountable to d governor, cox his not d commander in chief of d arm forces. Moreova in d past, d governor is a close ally of d man d military went to luk for even b4 wike bcame governor. If u r reli frm rivers state, u shuld knw der is so much arms in rivers state.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 04, 2016
giftnwala:

I am not in support of d military actions but do u knw d hoodlums exchanged gun fire wit d military men, b4 d military men called for reinforcement. It is regrettable dat in an operation dat involves exchange of fire, stray bullets can hit any one. The military is not accountable to d governor, cox his not d commander in chief of d arm forces. Moreova in d past, d governor is a close ally of d man d military went to luk for even b4 wike bcame governor. If u r reli frm rivers state, u shuld knw der is so much arms in rivers state.
since there is so much arms in Rivers State who's to be blame?, the past administration dat ruled for 8 yrs or the present one dat is barely a year?.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by gfullmoon(m): 11:50am On Mar 04, 2016
There is even one they call quicknapping in Rivers State. Usually in taxi or in ur private car if you are cornered, they /he will hold you at gun until your correct ATM PIN is released to them or him usually on weekends. My friend once failed victim to it, Sienna bus he entered from Aba to PH diverted them to a bush, and they were held there at gun point till they started getting withdrawal alert from their Banks. They guy confirming the PIN through withdrawals kept close contact with those in the bush. Even the guy that wanted to play smart, his wrong PIN was confirm and he was beaten to stupor till he divulged his real PIN. They took their phones and those with fat account might keep receiving alert in absentia till Monday morning . As for my friend, being unemployed graduate then , he had only 10k in his account, lost same, laptop and phones to them.
So even your ATM cards should also be thrown away when in difficult terrain not only deleting your financial transactions if you have the chance when cornered. But when left stranded by circumstances beyond our control, ATM if it survives could be your saving grace.
And in reality you can hardly delete all your financial dealings in your device if you are they type that performs online banking and physical banking at least 3 time weekly. Even your e mail alert can be read except you are using Nokia 3010. And most average Nigerian don't and this criminals target those group of Nigerians . So my advice is be more security conscious especially in PH and Lagos, usually board Vehicle if you are using public transport from known companies, and before you take private taxi take a little time to study the driver, if even you don't know your destination don't give him the impression except your are convinced he is not a bad guy. Elderly men are more advisable to board their cab, but be prepared for the unnecessary delays and unsolicited stories etc.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by freshawag: 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
charix:
Tales by moonlight. Somehow I heavily doubt this story.
my dear these stories are true o. Politics aside....the elele - isiopko axis is a no go area in the night ( sometimes even in the afternoon). Another deadly area is the Ndele rumuji axis of the east/west road. Last week I ran into them around isiokpo at about 9:40 pm... They got the bus in front of me and pulled out the driver...took the driver seat and off they drove into a bush part. A week ago ( Sunday precisely )my neighbour's sister was kidnap on her way to pH from owerri... She spend 5 days with the criminals and according to her, all the ladies in the bus were being raped twice everyday by 4 men . she was eventually released after paying a randsome of 350k. We took her to BMH for medicals.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by Abagworo(m): 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
freshawag:
my dear these stories are true o. Politics aside....the elele - isiopko axis is a no go area in the night ( sometimes even in the afternoon). Another deadly area is the Ndele rumuji axis of the east/west road. Last week I ran into them around isiokpo at about 9:40 pm... They got the bus in front of me and pulled out the driver...took the driver seat and off they drove into a bush part. A week ago ( Sunday precisely )my neighbour's sister was kidnap on her way to pH from owerri... She spend 5 days with the criminals and according to her, all the ladies in the bus were being raped twice everyday by 4 men . she was eventually released after paying a randsome of 350k. We took her to BMH for medicals.

No matter how much in a hurry you are never attempt or allow your bus driver attempt using the Ubima back road when traveling between PH and Owerri. At least 80% of those who plied that route were either robbed or kidnapped. It is all cult related and politically motivated by PDP in the course of trying to win 2015 elections in Rivers State. The most affected is the Orashi region.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by lonelydora: 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
herbie27:
Abua/Odual is very peaceful now cos dats my L.G.A and don't knw abt others, she wasn't kidnapped in Omoku bt on her way to Omoku that is along east-west Road which is like Lagos-Ibadan express road, so these roads are the den of kidnappers and arm robbers in any big city.

Even Buguma road too.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
herbie27:
since there is so much arms in Rivers State who's to be blame?, the past administration dat ruled for 8 yrs or the present one dat is barely a year?.
u sound like a pdp supporter, d security of Rivers state shuld b above party affiliation, Bt do u knw d speaker of d house of assembly is a former militant, ateke Tom, ameachi chased away, is now a close ally of d governor, Pple wit terrible past now occupy top government position in dis administration. D governor shuld b blamed, ameachi's tenure der was relative peace, ameachi was even inspecting projects without security on his power bike, he collaborated wit d military, u remba during ameachi's tenure, military men wit paddlock on der mouth was brought to chase all d cultist out of Rivers state. Wike shuld do d rite tin.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by KayTash(m): 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
guiddoti:
get sense naw grin
Sharap
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by Palmwinetapper: 8:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
What a mess
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by rafcrown(m): 1:31am On Mar 05, 2016
PLEASE DONT ALLOW KIDNAPPERS and ritualists to RUIN NIGERIA,DO SOMETHING FAST,if you are in position.
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by satowind(m): 1:56am On Mar 06, 2016
Amberon11:
are people this myopic?? Someone almost lost her life and all you can do is come up with this balderdash? Holy Moses!!!
nah u know
Re: How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday by satowind(m): 1:59am On Mar 06, 2016
lonelydora:

Take a visit to Omoku or it's environ and see if you can stay peacefully.
nah i wont

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

31-Year-Old Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Possession / Facebook User Recounts Her Experience In The Hands Of 419 Operators / Man fights Lagos bus conductor over N50 change (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.