Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People (3001 Views)

Before Osun Becomes Second Yoruba Settlement To Discriminate Its Christain Side / Why Do People Always Have Bad Notions About The Mbaise People? / Rivpoly Lecturer And Apc Stalwart Shot Death In Ogoni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by onila(f): 11:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
Freedom fighta abi? grin grin
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by onila(f): 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2016
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
smiley
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by uprightman(m): 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
They are selfish. self centered. work with larger society to achieve your dreams.
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by onila(f): 11:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
my chewing gum, where have you been?
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by onila(f): 12:00am On Mar 04, 2016
uprightman:
They are selfish. self centered. work with larger society to achieve your dreams.

how are they selfish
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 04, 2016
onila:
Are u from Ogoni?
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by onila(f): 12:23am On Mar 04, 2016
masterchi:
Are u from Ogoni?
nop
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 04, 2016
onila:
nop
Do you live in ph or rivers state?
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by onila(f): 12:26am On Mar 04, 2016
masterchi:
Do you live in ph or rivers state?
used too
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 04, 2016
onila:
used too
and u've witnessed several incidence becos the persons involved are ogonis?
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by onila(f): 12:37am On Mar 04, 2016
masterchi:
and u've witnessed several incidence becos the persons involved are ogonis?

nop

but now I have grown up
I hrd some rivers saying they dont marry ogoni in their tribe
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 04, 2016
onila:

nop

but now I have grown up
I hrd some rivers saying they dont marry ogoni in their tribe
ok, yeah. Andonis and some other riverine tribes generally do no like marrying ogonis and vice versa becos of a tribal war that happened a long time ago but this current generation is getting over that. with time this whole issue will be dealt with.
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by onila(f): 12:48am On Mar 04, 2016
masterchi:
ok, yeah. Andonis and some other riverine tribes generally do no like marrying ogonis and vice versa becos of a tribal war that happened a long time ago but this current generation is getting over that. with time this whole issue will be dealt with.

more people are marrying ogoni these days
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 04, 2016
onila:

more people are marrying ogoni these days
yes, more of the people from these riverine areas are marrying Ogonis and vice versa.
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by uprightman(m): 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
onila:

how are they selfish
They hate visitors
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by onila(f): 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
uprightman:
They hate visitors
and hate sharing their resources
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by dBard: 5:53am On Mar 05, 2016
onila:
and hate sharing their resources

The Ogonis are peculiar in that from their history they've always being a close knit group. In d generality, marriage to outsiders , except to close neighbors like d ibibios and Andonis etc was frowned upon..
I think this issue of hatred/discrimination has to do with the suspicious view others had of a group that wasn't understood and past conflicts (esp.with some of d riverine tribes)

..n yes, they can be quite stubborn in their beliefs...doesn't make f good politics

..Do d Google, I just did.
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by Onilaiscool(f): 6:33am On Mar 05, 2016
dBard:

The Ogonis are peculiar in that from their history they've always being a close knit group. In d generality, marriage to outsiders , except to close neighbors like d ibibios and Andonis etc was frowned upon..
I think this issue of hatred/discrimination has to do with the suspicious view others had of a group that wasn't understood and past conflicts (esp.with some of d riverine tribes)

..n yes, they can be quite stubborn in their beliefs...doesn't make f good politics

..Do d Google, I just did.
thats why they will never be an ogoni governor in Rivers state

they want to use other pples resources but dont want others to use theirs
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by dBard: 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Onilaiscool:
thats why they will never be an ogoni governor in Rivers state

they want to use other pples resources but dont want others to use theirs

What on earth are u on about??
How did their lands get devastated if not from misuse of the resources you're on about
Have u bothered to read d UNEP report.

Stop talking about stuff u don't know/aren't bothered to know about

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by Onilaiscool(f): 9:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
dBard:

What on earth are u on about??
How did their lands get devastated if not from misuse of the resources you're on about
Have u bothered to read d UNEP report.

Stop talking about stuff u don't know/aren't bothered to know about

I read somewhere thats y some pple in rivers dont want an Ogoni person to be governor

arent other niger delta communities suffering from environmental degradation

pple cant fish any longer.the beautiful Niger delta communities are losing their wild life

why is ogoni so special
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by dBard: 7:09am On Mar 07, 2016
Onilaiscool:

I read somewhere thats y some pple in rivers dont want an Ogoni person to be governor

arent other niger delta communities suffering from environmental degradation

pple cant fish any longer.the beautiful Niger delta communities are losing their wild life

why is ogoni so special

Read d report

Bye
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by Onilaiscool(f): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2016
dBard:

Read d report

Bye
undecided
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by barikagbogreat(m): 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
The reason why people hate ogoni is because anything good is always disregard, hhmm if you think ogoni is not good keep buying fuel from saudi arabi and later you people will complain the oil contain much methain, see ogoni is the richest and if they say there is oil in north why not mine oil from the north, please if you think ogoni is not good stop collecting there oils, ogoni possess more than oil. God bless ogoni. Since you people hate we ogonis, yoruba only your gold and buy fuel from usa for you to depend there after counting therr gain spend 1000naira per litre. Hausa use ony you stones forget oil start trekking no fuelable bike. Our enemies onaa think you get sense nigeria never see anything fuel go be 15000 naira next year money policy by Gods grace.
Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by Maazieze(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2022
I wouldn't know, the ogoni are one of the many eastern peoples i respect, they have routinely stood up to a government that is uncaring and callous, i wish one day they were free of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People by barikagbogreat(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2023
For regarding us ogonis Gods will bless you, your blessing no calculator go fit calculate am it too big. Ogoni need reasonable men like you.

(1) (Reply)

NKAN-JU-NKAN-LO (alternative Means Of Resolving Issues) / Short History Of Ifon Osun In Osun State /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.