Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,715 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Deportation Farce - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Deportation Farce (1049 Views)

Ivorian Sets Himself On Fire At Rome Airport To Protest Deportation / U.s. Deportation Policy Shift Starting - Immigration Attorneys / Talented Teen, Cut From X-factor Debut, Hit With Deportation Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deportation Farce by 4Play(m): 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2009
A model schoolgirl and her family are being thrown out of Britain and forced to return to Nigeria four years after their policeman father was murdered there.

Star pupil Saskia Iloba, her brothers and her mother face the threat of persecution and arrest in their native land after the failure of a long campaign by MPs to stop the deportation.

Saskia, Toby and Emanuel were tipped for glowing futures after being hailed by their teachers as some of the best pupils they had ever seen.
">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1199828/Model-schoolgirl-family-terrified-MPs-fail-halt-deportation-Nigeria-father-murdered.html#ixzz0LLyhqaRR&grin

I suppose it depends on the reason why the family claims to be unsafe in Nigeria. Do they face any risks unique to them? If the father died as a result of, for instance an armed robbery, they are no more at risk than the average Nigerian and should be deported.
Re: Deportation Farce by SeanT21(f): 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2009
4 Play:

">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1199828/Model-schoolgirl-family-terrified-MPs-fail-halt-deportation-Nigeria-father-murdered.html#ixzz0LLyhqaRR&grin

I suppose it depends on the reason why the family claims to be unsafe in Nigeria. Do they face any risks unique to them? If the father died as a result of, for instance, an armed robbery, they are no more at risk than the average Nigerian and should be deported.

Their father got "murdered". Maybe there is a reason behind it and that is what scares them.
Re: Deportation Farce by 4Play(m): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
SeanT21:

Their father got "murdered". Maybe there is a reason behind it and that is what sacres them.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe it was no different from the thousands of armed robbery victims whose family don't consequently acquire a right to live in the West.

It's not exactly clear the family is being specially targeted for elimination. I presume these issues were weighed before the deportation decision was made.
Re: Deportation Farce by congoshine(m): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2009
Every one should know they are trying to escape the tragedy Nigeria has become,while that may not be sufficient to grant them asylum,I pray they are not deported !
Re: Deportation Farce by tubabie(f): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2009
4 Play:

I suppose it depends on the reason why the family claims to be unsafe in Nigeria. Do they face any risks unique to them? If the father died as a result of, for instance an armed robbery, they are no more at risk than the average Nigerian and should be deported.

The risk they face like you said may not be different from what an average Nigerian faces,infact their story sounds like a sob story but I am of the opinion they should have been allowed to stay.
For four years they have payed their taxes, no criminal activities and are not even receiving benefits from the British Govt. , why follow the Law like blind bats but I guess the Law must be obeyed!
The immigration laws in the Uk are bordering on absurd at times.
Well let them go back to Nigeria, and continue being exceptional , hopefully they will turn out good.
Re: Deportation Farce by RichyBlacK(m): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2009
Seems the UK is retrogressing to good old days of "Britannia"! grin

While Obama (the Venerable Archbishop of Progessia I am an Obamabot!) has instituted a new policy to grant asylum to "battered women", the "good" people of Britannia are ready to kick out a widow and her model children. embarassed
Re: Deportation Farce by Tudor6(f): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2009
Why shouldn't they be kicked out??
The rule of law must reign supreme and no sentimentalities are allowed. If nigeria can embrace this culture we would be in much better shape.
Every nigerian faces the same risk everyday i wonder why they should ask for special treatment??
The tax payers of britain shouldn't pay to accomodate desperate africans.
Re: Deportation Farce by back2back(f): 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2009
Why shouldn't they be kicked out??
The rule of law must reign supreme and no sentimentalities are allowed. If nigeria can embrace this culture we would be in much better shape.

rule of law indeed.

May be if Queen did not instruct his soilder of fortune to kidnap Oba Akitoye and force him at gunpoint to ceded Lagos to UK, those family would not be in this mess
Re: Deportation Farce by Tudor6(f): 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2009
Oh be queit.
Was malaysia,singapore and honk kong not colonized too?
Why are their citizens not emigrating in their droves?
Stop giving pathetic excuses abeg!
Re: Deportation Farce by back2back(f): 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2009
Tudór:

Oh be queit.
Was malaysia,singapore and honk kong not colonized too?
Why are their citizens not emigrating in their droves?
Stop giving pathetic excuses abeg!

It will do you well to do basic research before writing.
Re: Deportation Farce by Tudor6(f): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2009
And your point is?
Re: Deportation Farce by chillbabe(f): 10:23pm On Jul 26, 2009
As 4 me am against deportation i think people have the right to live were ever they choose as long as they not rely on the governement of the country. I wish nigeria could take care of deportees and stop waisting the peoples money. I luv this country but hate the leaders with passion.
Re: Deportation Farce by bawomolo(m): 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2009
Tudór:

And your point is?

scream persecution and neocolonialism till the next millenium?
Re: Deportation Farce by back2back(f): 11:00pm On Jul 26, 2009
Tudór:

And your point is?
UK is a coward!

They did not allow Umaru Diko who stole our money to be cargo back to Nigeria, since they are milking taxes from him yet they want to deport harmless woman with her model kids. shame on them!
Re: Deportation Farce by blackspade(m): 10:14pm On Jul 28, 2009
I feel so bad for this family, I wish I could do something to help.

Britain is so backwards. So while they don't want to deport convicted rapists or lesbian drug dealers because they don't want to violate their "human rights", they want to kick out a family with a promising future? angry
Re: Deportation Farce by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 28, 2009
let them go back. Nigerians and their penchant for playing the system is the reason it has become increasingly difficult for Nigerians with genuine problems to emigrate to other nations.
Re: Deportation Farce by MrCrackles(m): 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2009
blackspade:

I feel so bad for this family, I wish I could do something to help.
Britain is so backwards. So while they don't want to deport convicted rapists or lesbian drug dealers because they don't want to violate their "human rights", they want to kick out a family with a promising future? angry

Unfortunately you can only wish! grin
Re: Deportation Farce by illusion2: 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2009

(1) (Reply)

South African Air Force Recruits: Impressive Pictures / This Is Sad, Hurtful And Depressing. Nigerians, This Is About Your Beloved USA / Woolwich Murderer Michael Adebolajo Attacked & Injured In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.