Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

How African's Created God By Idiki Kuku Esq - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How African's Created God By Idiki Kuku Esq (451 Views)

Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? / My Idea On Who Created God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How African's Created God By Idiki Kuku Esq by lordcabasa(m): 9:15am On Mar 04, 2016
Religion in Africa to my mind can be traced as far back as time itself, religion in africa is a product of man's thought, quest, need,greed and insatiable aspirations to reign over his fellow men and plunder his resources. Africans are deeply religious not because they love their "God" so much but because whoever protects them from my enemies is worth adoring.

Africa as a continent is built on strife, wars and greed like every humanised society, just like animals, the stronger and bigger creatures devour the small and weaker ones, when religion came (African religion), it preserved the small kingdoms and communities from the wrath of the great and ruthless nation/clans; many tales abound in African indigenous mythologies of how "OUR gOds" preserved our ancestors, this range from accidental interventions of the gods in the affairs of men to deliberate invitations of such "gods" to protect our ancestors.

Religion is therefore an escape route for the African man, hence, even today, we run to Churches, Mosques, Shrines, temples etc not because we love God or religion so much but because we have needs which we are condemned to believe their solutions lies in religions and its practises alone. The truly rich in our society concern themselves less with religion but the poor hold unto religion hoping it's their escape route to a better life, those who are tormented by evil forces turn to religion and even those who are just scared of "FUTURE TORMENTS" rely on Religion to be salvaged. This is one of the many reasons why Africans turn to religion as they believe it to be their salvation from enemies whether physical, spiritual or psychological.

In conclusion, Africans rely on religion to make up for their weaknesses, their protection and their prosperity, which has been indeed helpful to their plight but what beats my thought is how Africans can Worship a (G)god, whom they have to feed with praise and encomiums whilst still fighting his own battles for him rather than him fighting for them, we have heard from those who kill in God's name, even those who feed God with animals, foods and drinks; some even protect their God from invaders, this I believe was the real essence behind the creation of RELIGION?

OF WHAT USE IS A god that can't fight his own battles, protect his own people and give them a better life? I will rather stick with an uncertified herbalists who has solutions to my problems than a harvard trained Doctor who lacks the expertise in treating my malady...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How African's Created God By Idiki Kuku Esq by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 04, 2016
It always amuses me when I see daily evidences of how we Africans have adopted Western and Arabian religions...and become even more religious than them

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pentecostal In Kaduna Called The Riligious Bill Anti-christianity / Are You Ephraim? ....a Must Read / Heaven; A Place Of Joy And No Sorrow????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.