Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

My General Hospital Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My General Hospital Experience (2742 Views)

General Hospital Ambulance Dumps Sick Man On Drip Along The Road - Twitter User / Outrage As Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos, Liters The Road With Patients Blood / Photo Of Two Babies Sharing One Incubator At A General Hospital In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My General Hospital Experience by femmy2010(m): 9:44am On Mar 04, 2016
Was not feeling in top shape yesterday so I decided to go to the closest Lagos state General Hospital for a routine check up.(My second time in a very long time) .
I went there on Thursday the 3rd March, arrived there 10.30am and was welcomed by hundreds of others in line to see the doctor. I was like what!!!! I would certainly be here till the end of the day so I took back the previously submitted hospital card with the plan to come in very early the next day(Today).

Got to the General Hospital at Ifako Ijaye , Lagos by 6.44am and was welcomed by tens of others already seated in the waiting Bay area . I was like wow I thought I would be between 1 - 10 today but I took solace in the fact that number 22 is way better than number 100.
I submitted my hospital card and joined the queue.
I must commend that the non medical staffs were punctual as it was one of them that took my card for registration and certainly took from other that had come in much earlier than I did.
By 8am my blood pressure was taken and I joined the long list of those waiting to see the doctor.
9.15am was when one of our suppose Life savers(Doctors) cum Civil servants strolled in majestically .First patient was only called in to see the doctor 20mins later(9.35am) .
Now my question is do those doctors in the employment of Lagos state government deserve the so called better condition of service or better pay they keep asking for when they are not dishing out the very best of service presently ?
Do those doctors deserve all they are clamoring for when all most of them do is focus on their private clinics?
Time is 9.40am and all we have is 1 late Comer doctor attending to multitudes ( Though a late come doctor is greatly appreciated than one busy at his/her private hospital.

For me I would wait 1 more hour and if I don't get to see a doctor or a 2nd Doctor doesn't arrive then I would visit a private hospital which is probably owned by a doctor in the service of the Lagos state Government.

Been to any Lagos state General Hospital in recent times? Share your experience.

NOTE - I commend the lab men and women in addition to the other non medical staffs as they were very much punctual and did their job well.

Cc: ishilove, lalasticlala, tosyne2much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My General Hospital Experience by porshuch: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2016
Nigerian doctors are wicked when they work in government hospital.
Re: My General Hospital Experience by femmy2010(m): 10:01am On Mar 04, 2016
porshuch:
Nigerian doctors are wicked when they work in government hospital.

In their varying private hospitals they are why kids say I want to be a doctor. Lol
Re: My General Hospital Experience by porshuch: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2016
femmy2010:

In their varying private hospitals they are why little kids say I want to be a doctor.
they feel so reluctant when they are working in government hospital, but visit their clinic, then you will see how dedicated they are.

1 Like

Re: My General Hospital Experience by ednut1(m): 11:16am On Mar 04, 2016
i remember when i went to isolo gen hospital during my secondary school days. after d whole stress i faced dat day d illness self vex disappear. i slept off on d bench around 11 woke up 1.30. yet e never reach my turn or d doc was nkt available self. smh
Re: My General Hospital Experience by allycat: 3:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
Do people realise that the same doctors who run clinics are the same people who attend to patients in the wards and also cover emergencies. If they are surgeons they also are the same people who operate in theatre. The norm is that before running clinics, the doctors do a ward round everymorning, because once the clinic starts they can hardly get up if there is a problem in the ward. Meanwhile the patients on the ward will be complaining that the doctor came in the morning and dissappeared till the afternoon. On several occasions I had to operate till 4, 5am, see the patients in the wards the next morning and still run a clinic the next day. Even then on occasion the clinic was disrupted because there were problems on the wards. It took me over a year toput in my resignation because l knew how short staffed my department was but in the end lovely people like the OP reminded me that however hard I tried the same people I was worrying about (aka patients) would never be satisfied.

6 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Bleach? / Help Me Please!!! / How Can I Stop Excessive Sweating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.