Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

LGA Autonomy In Kogi State: #newdirection In Full Effect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LGA Autonomy In Kogi State: #newdirection In Full Effect (870 Views)

Petition Fg On Lga Autonomy / FG Gives States Autonomy To Produce Power / Breaking: Massive Protest At National Assembly Over LGA Autonomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LGA Autonomy In Kogi State: #newdirection In Full Effect by CrossLegge: 10:59am On Mar 04, 2016
The financial autonomy granted to Local Government Area councils in Kogi State is one reason every Kogite should have great hope for the Alhaji Yahaya Bello administration. The clamour for fiscal autonomy by stakeholders at the local government level has grown louder since the return of democracy in 1999.
In most states, the amount allocated to each LGA from the federation account reduces before it gets to its destination. Part of LGA funds (Including teachers' salaries) are deducted at source before remitting the rest to the legitimate owners. LGA staff are employed by the state through the state Civil Service Commission. Hence, most LGAs have more staff than they need or can manage.
Exactly 15 days after he was sworn in as Governor of Kogi State, Alh. Yahaya Bello, granted the 21 LGAs fiscal emancipation. ‪#‎NewDirection‬
Consequently, the Kogi State Government will no longer touch a kobo allocated to any LGA from the federation account. Furthermore, no longer would the Kogi Governor dictate to any of the 21 LGA Executive Chairmen what to do or whom to employ. #NewDirection
Liberty has come at last! Now, the people must hold their LGA Chairmen and Councillors to account as every penny released to them is published.
Basically, Gov. Yahaya is sacrificing a vital tool of control by state governors. Only one, the Governor of Kaduna, Mallam Nasiru elRufai, did same. #NewDirection
I call on all Kogites, home & abroad - sensitise our people about their rights. Demand good governance of your LGA leadership. #NewDirection

Bello grants financial autonomy to local govts - Vanguard News http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/bello-grants-financial-autonomy-to-local-govts/

1 Like

Re: LGA Autonomy In Kogi State: #newdirection In Full Effect by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 04, 2016
Good but
Re: LGA Autonomy In Kogi State: #newdirection In Full Effect by azeeza(f): 11:50am On Mar 04, 2016
He has a case today in court
Oma307:
Good but
Re: LGA Autonomy In Kogi State: #newdirection In Full Effect by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
They should give me benefit of doubt in governing the state, the past governors i means has done nothing to improve the betterment of the state, infact u need to go to their ward in which they emanated from, is a sorry state
azeeza:
He has a case today in court
Re: LGA Autonomy In Kogi State: #newdirection In Full Effect by Stalwert: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
This governor will make Kogi great place for all to live.

1 Like

Re: LGA Autonomy In Kogi State: #newdirection In Full Effect by azeeza(f): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
You don't nEed to educate me about the politic and policies in Kogi State, I am a Kogite.
Oma307:
They should give me benefit of doubt in governing the state, the past governors i means has done nothing to improve the betterment of the state, infact u need to go to their ward in which they emanated from, is a sorry state
Re: LGA Autonomy In Kogi State: #newdirection In Full Effect by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
Not that am educating because also am a kogite
azeeza:
You don't nEed to educate me about the politic and policies in Kogi State, I am a Kogite.

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Replies Dino Melaye: You Don't Even Have A Wife / Under Buhari the Killing Of Christians In Nigeria rises by 62% In One Year… / Rivers: Buhari Warns Wike, Amaechi Over Electoral Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.