Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. (6328 Views)

Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute / Men Shouldn’t Be Allowed To Bathe Their Daughters, We Are All Mad –facebook User / I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by gr8tgg: 11:57am On Mar 04, 2016
It is my first post on Nairaland I decided to come in with this because many parents rejoice because of absence of cane in their little children's School
to my own opinion, I think cane should be allowed so that when a child is badly flogged you will know when you see the marks of cane either on his back when bathing him or in any part of his body.
I have been wondering why there is no cane in my child's class I have even approached the teacher to ask her why there is no cane in her class and she said the School authority cancelled it, and she also said that many parents hate to see cane in their children's School and it can even make them to remove their children from such school.
But last week I prepared my child for school and I did the usual thing I normally do,
I prayed for him and anointed him with blessed oil, but immediately I finished anointing his lips,
he said mummy please anoint my back so that if that Aunty give me blow on my back it will not pain me
he said it repeatedly.

But before that very day he has complained of back pain, chest pain.
so in my opinion I think cane should be allowed than to inflict internal injuries on a child with blow or slap on their face or giving them knocks on their head thereby leaving them with brain injuries.
your opinion is allowed
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2016
Lol the cane is not the problem, but the problem nw is the person who is handling the cane..

Some teachers have anger issues dat they will just flog the student to death...

First of all, you dnt flog an asthmatic patient! U just don't! Maximum six strokes of d cane should be attained when disciplining an erring student and teachers should watch the intensity of d stroke.

My children will attend a military school by the way. angry

1 Like

Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
Teachers can discipline students by punishing them, And the punishment shouldn't be too much so you won't injure the child.....as for me am against using of cane, belt or to use your hands on any student.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
Teachers can discipline students by punishing them, And the punishment shouldn't be too much so you won't injure the child.....as for me am against using of cane, belt or to use your hands on any student.
punishments like, weeding, sweeping all the classrooms, frogjumping
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 12:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
punishments like, weeding, sweeping all the classrooms, frogjumping
yes, it's better than flogging or hitting the students
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
yes, it's better than flogging or hitting the students
do u believe in d bible and all that it says is tru?
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
do u believe in d bible and all that it says is tru?
I do
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 12:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
Lol the cane is not the problem, but the problem nw is the person who is handling the cane..

Some teachers have anger issues dat they will just flog the student to death...

First of all, you dnt flog an asthmatic patient! U just don't! Maximum six strokes of d cane should be attained when disciplining an erring student and teachers should watch the intensity of d stroke.

My children will attend a military school by the way. angry
so true because most teachers let out their frustrations on the students
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 12:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
I do
good so.. urm "spare the rod, spoil the child" does it ring a bell?

1 Like

Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
good so.. urm "spare the rod, spoil the child" does it ring a bell?
yes it does, am not against discipline at all but teachers these days discipline students without caution. If my child does something wrong he/she should be disciplined because I grew up in an environment where discipline was done collectively. Anybody can discipline you when you're wrong and your parents would do nothing about it and it really helped me.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
yes it does, am not against discipline at all but teachers these days discipline students without caution. If my child does something wrong he/she should be disciplined because I grew up in an environment where discipline was done collectively. Anybody can discipline you when you're wrong and your parents would do nothing about it and it really helped me.
nice..

Nw let's narrow this down individually. Supposing ur child comes back home from school and tells u his teacher flogged him/her at school today? How would u react to such scenario?
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
nice..

Nw let's narrow this down individually. Supposing ur child comes back home from school and tells u his teacher flogged him/her at school today? How would u react to such scenario?
As long as there's no injury on your body, no problem but if there is I'll kindly call your teacher and tell him/her to be careful next time.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
As long as there's no injury on your body, no problem but if there is I'll kindly call your teacher and tell him/her to be careful next time.
u knw we all got injuries on our bodies back in those days, but we just neva reported the matter to our parents.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
So people still do not know any better methods to discipline children than to beat them up? undecided
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
u knw we all got injuries on our bodies back in those days, but we just neva reported the matter to our parents.
that was then, times have changed.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
Gone are those days,times have changed.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
Mindfulness:
So people still do not know any better methods to discipline children than to beat them up? undecided

I tire sef

1 Like

Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 1:50pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
Gone are those days,times have changed.
the reason why kids keep getn spoilt over the years.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
the reason why kids keep getn spoilt over the years.
you can't injure my child in the name of discipline, I won't take that
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
you can't injure my child in the name of discipline, I won't take that
and u would injure d same child in d name of discipline? And u expect him to take that?
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Chidoks(f): 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
God bless you OP, I onced asked my baby's teacher why they don't have cane, she said the school disallows it. I swallowed it until the day my husband complained that the class attendant asked other pupils to slap awake a sleeping child. I asked if he corrected her and my husband actually said it wasn't his business. I was so shocked he could say such. I corrected him and remanded him that every child was his.
I started doing school runs myself till the day I caught the class teacher violently hitting a 4 year old baby on his back( with all her might!). My heart broke, I lost my cool and pointed out her wrong deed. Through out that session I anointed my baby and prayed fervently against victimization. Even up till today I always ask his teachers to flog him at the back of his fingers with ruler each time he misbehaves instead of beating.
School proprietors should please reintroduce cane. If you flog a child angrily or maliciously, the cane will tell but you can beat a child to death without any scratch on the body...

2 Likes

Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
and u would injure d same child in d name of discipline? And u expect him to take that?
I wouldn't do that to my child.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
I wouldn't do that to my child.
phew.. same thing Peter said wen he told Jesus he won't deny him.. grin

Lol relax, kids are annoying set of people.. take it or leave it.. one day u will get provoked.

2 Likes

Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 2:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
phew.. same thing Peter said wen he told Jesus he won't deny him.. grin

Lol relax, kids are annoying set of people.. take it or leave it.. one day u will get provoked.
lol.... Until then sha
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
lol.... Until then sha
yeah, den u"d remember hector told u so...

Phew, flirting time. cheesy

So whr do u stay.? grin
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
yeah, den u"d remember hector told u so...

Phew, flirting time. cheesy

So whr do u stay.? grin
I hear you... Phc
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
I hear you... Phc
really, me too.. whr in pH? Who knws, we could be stayin around d same vicinity.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by gr8tgg: 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Chidoks:
God bless you OP, I onced asked my baby's teacher why they don't have cane, she said the school disallows it. I swallowed it until the day my husband complained that the class attendant asked other pupils to slap awake a sleeping child. I asked if he corrected her and my husband actually said it wasn't his business. I was so shocked he could say such. I corrected him and remanded him that every child was his.
I started doing school runs myself till the day I caught the class teacher violently hitting a 4 year old baby on his back( with all her might!). My heart broke, I lost my cool and pointed out her wrong deed. Through out that session I anointed my baby and prayed fervently against victimization. Even up till today I always ask his teachers to flog him at the back of his fingers with ruler each time he misbehaves instead of beating.
School proprietors should please reintroduce cane. If you flog a child angrily or maliciously, the cane will tell but you can beat a child to death without any scratch on the body...

it is a pity the way they beat up kids with their bar hands as if they are beating robbers, I have seen a three years with the teacher's finger's print on her face, the finger print did not fade out till closing time am sure her mum will be mad at that teacher after seeing her face

I prefer cane to that secret beating they are beating those kids I just pray parents should understand and stop rejoicing at the absence of cane in their children's School, as for me I prefer caning a child, there is no way you can train a Nigerian child without cane, as for me I have came at home, once I have fed a child and make sure the child is not sick that might make him to misbehave, put him in his discipline room and bring him out after 20 minutes, I pray for the child to make sure he is not acting under the influence of unseen forces after I have done all that and the child keep misbehaving then I consult my cane, and flog his bum or his thin.
But in the school, teachers won't have time for all the above mentioned dramas, so a stroke of cane on the bum can correct a child behaviours, cos they fear their teachers more than their parents.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Chidoks(f): 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
gr8tgg:

I prefer cane to that secret beating they are beating those kids I just pray parents should understand and stop rejoicing at the absence of cane in their children's School, as for me I prefer caning a child, there is no way you can train a Nigerian child without cane, as for me I have came at home, once I have fed a child and make sure the child is not sick that might make him to misbehave, put him in his discipline room and bring him out after 20 minutes, I pray for the child to make sure he is not acting under the influence of unseen forces after I have done all that and the child keep misbehaving then I consult my cane, and flog his bum or his thin.
But in the school, teachers won't have time for all the above mentioned dramas, so a stroke of cane on the bum can correct a child behaviours.

Another important factor is the caliber of teachers employed. For pre school classes and nurseries, I suggest cool tempered married women who understand that children are capable of driving one crazy most times rather than young ladies who wouldn't accommodate their excesses
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Pumpkin34(f): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cutehector:
really, me too.. whr in pH? Who knws, we could be stayin around d same vicinity.
Hmmmmm, rumuokuta.
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by Cutehector(m): 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pumpkin34:
Hmmmmm, rumuokuta.
alryt dats nice
Re: I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. by babythug(f): 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2016
gr8tgg:
It is my first post on Nairaland I decided to come in with this because many parents rejoice because of absence of cane in their little children's School
to my own opinion, I think cane should be allowed so that when a child is badly flogged you will know when you see the marks of cane either on his back when bathing him or in any part of his body.
I have been wondering why there is no cane in my child's class I have even approached the teacher to ask her why there is no cane in her class and she said the School authority cancelled it, and she also said that many parents hate to see cane in their children's School and it can even make them to remove their children from such school.
But last week I prepared my child for school and I did the usual thing I normally do,
I prayed for him and anointed him with blessed oil, but immediately I finished anointing his lips,
he said mummy please anoint my back so that if that Aunty give me blow on my back it will not pain me
he said it repeatedly.

But before that very day he has complained of back pain, chest pain.
so in my opinion I think cane should be allowed than to inflict internal injuries on a child with blow or slap on their face or giving them knocks on their head thereby leaving them with brain injuries.
your opinion is allowed

You seem to have missed out something here.

Hitting a child with cane or otherwise should not be allowed for caregivers, teachers or anyone except the parents.

They should explore other methods of punishing the child.

if my child mentions chest pain from teacher hitting him i'd be at the school addressing the subject with their management not asking for cane to be allowed in the school!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / I Love My Husband,but I Am Loosing Trust. / My Family Friend Just Kicked Out His Wife From Their House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.