Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,618 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

President Buhari Blamed Nigerians For Being Behind The Decline In Electricity... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Blamed Nigerians For Being Behind The Decline In Electricity... (507 Views)

Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill / Buhari Blamed For Chelsea Loss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Blamed Nigerians For Being Behind The Decline In Electricity... by ecotwins: 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
According to presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, Nigerians are the ones that vandalized electricity installations in different parts of the country after the supply reached a 16-year-high of over 5000 megawatts.
Speaking live on a radio show monitored by Greennews.ng in Lagos on Friday morning, Adesina wondered how the government could do its job when miscreants in places like Bayelsa choose to vandalize gas and electricity installations.
“Do you remember that some time ago, the supply of power reached over 5000 megawatts. That was even more than how much had been generated in 16 years but then some people went to destroy government installations thereby dropping power to so low as it is now.
“Who do we blame for that? When the power ministry announced that we had about 5000 megawatts about three weeks ago, it also promised that by December, another 2000 megawatts to be added to it. That will give 7000 megawatts.
“That generated a lot of hopes. But those hopes were dampened when few days after you was announced, they begin to blow installations and you lose 3000 megawatts, and December, like you said, you want to go to 7000. But when they continue with this sabotage, how will it get there?” he queried.
On the issue of the present economic hardships Nigerians are facing, Adesina said patience was the key word, noting that people are just complaining without understanding the processes involved. He noted that with the new administration having spent just about nine months in office taking over in May, 2015, Nigerians would have to wait for another nine months before they can tackle the presidency on the state of the economy.
“It will take 18 months to retool this economy. The president has said that, it is just that Nigerians don’t listen,” he said.

http://www.hopefornigeriaonline.com/blame-nigerians-current-drop-power-supply-buhari/

I don't know the authenticity of this stuff but it sends a subtle message about the blame game going on... was Jonathan the only corrupt leader in history? was he the most corrupt? I still fondly remember "Saint IBB", "Saint ABACHAAA" and " Saint Mathew Aremu"...

"Though I know it's impossible to go livin' through the past" - Bob Marley
Re: President Buhari Blamed Nigerians For Being Behind The Decline In Electricity... by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
adesina blames Niger delta militants for blowing up power installations in the last 4 weeks
Re: President Buhari Blamed Nigerians For Being Behind The Decline In Electricity... by 989900: 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
You can't go on blowing installations and expecting stable power supply at the same time.

OTOH, that's why we elected Buhari to take care of such issues.

Lastly, go after who stands to benefit -- those are your prime suspects!
Re: President Buhari Blamed Nigerians For Being Behind The Decline In Electricity... by Tocheagle(m): 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
I dey Sidon Look 2ru My Binoculars
Re: President Buhari Blamed Nigerians For Being Behind The Decline In Electricity... by Mikehell(m): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
Truth be told, there are some miscreant among us BUT a responsible government dont go about playing the blame game..... they should come up with more serene way of dealing with the problems at hand...........
Re: President Buhari Blamed Nigerians For Being Behind The Decline In Electricity... by ify84(m): 4:01pm On Mar 04, 2016
My greatest problem is the mumus and zombies that will come here and be defending this govt. They are now my problem.... I have given up on this govt.

(1) (Reply)

Another Car Accident Involving Yobe Deputy Governor / When The Hope Is Lost With Phcn.......(photo) / Why i ordered the flogging of Delta women -Army unit commander.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.