Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,562 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Telecommunications Masts And Dr. Bode Olajumoke - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Telecommunications Masts And Dr. Bode Olajumoke (576 Views)

Killer Masts Again!!! 3 Died As Telecoms Mast Collapses In PH / Telecommunications Masts And Dr. Bode Olajumoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Telecommunications Masts And Dr. Bode Olajumoke by mojeer678: 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2016
Dear Doctor Olajumoke, I sincerely apologise for coming publicly to draw your attention to this issue which is of great pains to me but I believe that this is the fastest means to get your attention on this.

I have been following your career, politically and your philanthropies, ever since you were the DG, Defence under OBJ and your brief foray into active politics. You are truly a role model.

This clarion call has to do with your property along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, at that place they call 'Quarry'. There is a Motherless Babies' Home there and recently, I spotted your 'Centre for Orphans and Disabled Persons'. Very noble causes. Thank you and God bless sir.

What is bothering me and very worrisome are the 5 (yes! Five) telecommunication masts located in very close proximity to these laudable projects of yours. There are very credible studies that have been carried out by eminent scientists, here and abroad and which have been thoroughly discussed on this forum that telecommunication masts emit radiofrequency radiation capable of causing deleterious health effects in living beings; humans, animals and even plants.

That these masts, five of them should be located in a cluster very close to your laudable projects is very disturbing and shocking. That the regulators should even allow such monstrosity is a clear indication that both NCC and NESREA have gone to the dogs, a fact we have established sometime ago. For those who chose to believe that these cell towers and their transmitters emitting radiation on peoples' heads and bodies are the next best things since sliced bread, I wish you well, until you also fall victim. And you will, at this rate of unbridled madness. You chose to lie against the truth because of 'bread and butter', your livelihood and source of income, it's fair then that you partake out of that which you unleash on unsuspecting persons and then go ahead to deny it.

The WHO has stated that mobile phones and cell tower radiation (non-ionising) cause brain tumours and a 'potential carcinogen' after several years of government and industry deceit and denial! Meanwhile thousands have died and children afflicted with severe kidney failures.

Apart from these deadly radiations, there have been documented instances these masts have fallen/collapsed with devastating consequences. Hence the reason why they should not be within residential locations. Their fall zones (360 degree) shouldn't impact any human location or settlement.

Please good Dr., you need to act and act fast! Either you take action to get the cell towers removed from your environment (there are legal guidelines and regulations supporting this) by dragging the telecom operators behind these installations to court (there are several pending lawsuits against all of these operators in various courts in Nigeria with one good judgment passed against one in the Kaduna Federal High Court) which by virtue of your being a lawyer, you'd have access to the relevant laws prohibiting telecom operators from locating cell towers indiscriminately in residential locations or in the best interests of these vulnerable persons, relocate the hospices until the dust is cleared. These innocent children and the vulnerable residents deserve this and more, urgently! I don't want to believe that you have any stake, financial or otherwise, in the presence of these masts around your area.

What these telecom operators are doing knowingly by locating their masts anyhow and anywhere is evil criminal but it is more criminal for the government regulators to turn a blind eye in protecting innocent Nigerians from harm and death, either from gross incompetence or dumb acquiescence.

God bless you sir.

(1) (Reply)

What We Need To Know About Thunderstorms / Difference Between Lunar Eclipse Vs Solar Eclipse / World's Most Deadliest Insects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.