Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns (29216 Views)

Substandard Phone Causes Cancer – NCC Warns / I Buy And sell Second Hand Phones.. Kaduna And Minna / Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by donogaga(m): 8:09am On Mar 05, 2016
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has warned Nigerians to desist from the use of second hand and substandard mobile phones, saying such devices pose greater risk to the users.

Executive Vice Chairman of the Commission, Professor Umaru Garba Danbatta gave the advise at the occasion marking NCC special day at the ongoing 37th Kaduna International Trade Fair.

Professor Dambatta who was represented by Hajia Maryam Bayi debunked insinuation that telecom facilities like masts and towers pose health hazards to residents around such facilities, saying cell phones, pose greater health risks than masts.

While highlighting the numerous roles of NCC towards ensuring that telecom subscribers get the best of service from their service providers, the telecoms regulatory agency said, consumers must also play their roles accordingly in other to receive quality service.

According to him, “the use of substandard and counterfeit devices, have been identified as one of the reasons for poor quality of service.

“Today, there are different types of handset in the market. Some of these devices have been used and dropped in the other parts of the world. Some are devices that did not meet international benchmarks for safety and other requirements,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/506682/ncc-warns-use-second-hand-phones
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 05, 2016
end time warning

3 Likes

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Marvell23(m): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2016
donogaga:
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has warned Nigerians to desist from the use of second hand and substandard mobile phones, saying such devices pose
greater risk to the users.

Executive Vice Chairman of the Commission, Professor Umaru Garba Danbatta gave the advise at the occasion marking NCC special day at the ongoing 37th Kaduna International Trade Fair.

Professor Dambatta who was represented by Hajia Maryam Bayi debunked insinuation that telecom facilities like masts and towers pose health hazards to residents around such
facilities, saying cell phones, pose greater health risks than masts.

While highlighting the numerous roles of NCC towards ensuring that telecom subscribers get the best of service from their service providers, the telecoms regulatory agency said, consumers must also play their roles accordingly in other to receive quality service.

According to him, “the use of substandard and counterfeit devices, have been identified as one of the reasons for poor quality of service.

“Today, there are different types of handset in the market. Some of these devices have been used and dropped in the other parts of the world. Some are devices that did not meet international benchmarks for safety and other requirements,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/506682/ncc-warns-use-second-hand-phones
Hahahaha , some people like second hand phones though but Tecno and others have made smartphone more affordable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by lekjons(m): 8:47am On Mar 05, 2016
iffahear..

1 Like

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:56am On Mar 05, 2016
Tell that to the birds....

6 Likes

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by aristogabby(m): 9:27am On Mar 05, 2016
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by titi4fola(f): 9:48am On Mar 05, 2016
Okay nah!
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by ewizard1: 9:52am On Mar 05, 2016
I think he is soooo dumb!

Second hand phones is the cause of poor network service? Huh!

If phones are not up to benchmark, then leave the buyer/user to decide and suffer it.

19 Likes

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by jmichlins(m): 10:27am On Mar 05, 2016
Ensure that calls and the quality of service match the amount we pay then forget the second hand phone am using. Device financing is way to go but since we no get am then we make do of the available one. Imagine getting a phone and paying for it over the course of two years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by KuliMart: 11:03am On Mar 05, 2016
Why use second hand or tokunbo phone when you can get affordable mid range and high end smart phone from our store smiley.
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by 1zynnvn(m): 11:48am On Mar 05, 2016
No 2nd hand phone, dollar increased, can some1 browse with land line

5 Likes

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
If they mean what they are saying,they should help by paying subsidy to phone importers...

1 Like

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by MadCow1: 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
Meaning stop using Tecno phones.. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
I laugh in a banny swahillic way.
With thw poverty and low merriment level in the country, only few people can afford new good spec phones. So as for me, NCC please keep ur nossy-pokey advise to yourself

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by lonelydora: 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
Okay nah
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by waterhouse071(m): 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
NCC needs to do something about d tariffs by Telecom operators because that one pose a greater risk.
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Eyor1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
Buy new ones for the populace nah....
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by holluwai(m): 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
Are these people gonna reduce phone prices?
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by samuel900(m): 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by kennyman2000(m): 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmmmm.. U see, when u've nothing upstairs, u begin to say rubbish. Wondering who appointed that man cos i dont see any sense in what he just said.

Help me ask am, shey na him wan buy new phone for people. Chai! Our leaders sha.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Abudu2000(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
Marvell23:
Hahahaha , some people like second hand phones though but Tecno and others have made smartphone more affordable
even if smart phones were sold for $5 people will still buy second hand devices,imagine I saw at alaba where none tested were sold for 1k you need to see the crowd hovering around there like their lives depended on it
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by adepiero: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
This NCC has a bunch of brainless people working for them. Why won't Nigerians use second hand phones when you license importation of chinko phones and original phones are not subsidized for an average Nigerian to buy.

Who in his/her right mind with 18k minimum wage purchase an iPhone/Samsung when Tecno, infinix and innjoo are everywhere in the market?

To improve the market na war, yet all they know is to sanction and get money from telecoms company, awon werey angry

4 Likes

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by crownwealth: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
Which phone are you manufacturing ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Pergrace: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
When we don't manufacture phones.. why not encourage local production...
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by simplemach(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
ok sir
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
Your economic power dictates your desire and acquisitions. No sane person goes for something substandard but for price compulsion. Get us good, safe and affordable brand new phones.
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by ipledge10(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
When am thinking of selling my new phone to buy used one...I don't like using a phone for more than a year...I can't sell this phone after a year because d value would have dropped drastically
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
Wetin concern dem.....

Hia!! Wetin man no go hear
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by olaleye3230: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
Please My Brother i need your advice i have 600k for a business plan in outskirt of Lagos am looking around osun state and Ekiti state but some of my friends advice me to travel out of the country Please What do i do and what good businesses can you guys suggests for me...
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by DONADAMS(m): 12:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
mumu people
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by agarawu23(m): 12:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tecno Mobile First Full-screen Display Smartphone / Upload Camera Phone Snaps Here! / NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.