Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres (1205 Views)

Lalong Declares Curfew In Jos As Hausa And Igbo Clash / Hausa And Igbo (IPOB) Clash In Aba: Several Gunshots By Soldiers (Live Updates) / Obafemi Awolowo: Nigeria Is Not A Nation. It Is A Mere Geographical Expression. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by polycarp11: 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
The truth must be told!! The needful must be done!! Sen. Ben Murry Burce must move motion in the house if truely he loves Nigeria.

Nobody should see me as anti-Ben Murry Bruce or being against his most valuable book. But i still insist that he must go beyond commonsense appeal and take pragmatic steps in solving Nigeria problems. I critised his book for lack of coherent and logic, especially when place within the purview of ethnicity and tribalism which he saw as the underpining factor hindering Nigeria's progress.

I never wanted to bring this issue up again, but current happenings which have validated my critique, forced me to do this. These events include, but not limited to Ese abduction and Emir of Kanu's role; Aguta killings and sentiments flowing from it; the Biafra agitation and Kanu trial, and issues emanating from it; ethnic division on social media; position of some of our national leaders on tribalism, such as Femi Kayode; ethnic division among students and youths; and most especially, the recent continous killings in Mile 12 Lagos, btw Yorubas and Hausas extraction.

I still insist that people like Ben Murry Bruce, who wants to see Nigeria progress, should go beyond pleading to different ethnic groups, to see themselves as brothers and sisters (When in truth they are not), but find a way to fundamentally address the Awolowo's scientifically proven assertion "Nigeria is a mere geographical expression" which have been hunting us. It is only when this is done, that Ben can now compare Nigeria and those countries he mentioned. No need for us to continue to live in pretence. We need to address our fundamental problem.

Note: this is not to say i do not believe in Nigeria. But we must move our country foward, by telling ourselves the truth. China modernised by "seeking the truth from the fact" So we must seek the truth from the fact.

Ochuba #Trying to see things differently#

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by sportfeva(m): 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
The simple fact is that we lack justice in this country. For instance, about the Agatu massacre, the president said we should look beyond the incident and investigate what caused it, meaning no prosecution. Buhari should should be awaken that, part of what caused it is lack of justice. Ppl get away with their wrongdoings without no punishment.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by kilokeys(m): 4:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Where there is no law... There is no sin...

Once we begin prosecution.. Tribal issues will fizzle out.

America's population aren't dominated by Caucasians.

But there is relative peace and respect.

Put the judiciary in place. And things will work

For example, fulani herdsmen aren't ghosts.. They destroyed crop in this village and move to the next..
They have trails, they can be tracked, they are not above the law.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by oduastates: 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
And will forever remain so.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by chriskosherbal(m): 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ben-murray bruce always on the news.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by polycarp11: 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Is not all about justice. It is beyond that. Nigeria needs serious dialogue.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by polycarp11: 11:32am On Mar 09, 2016
You must see this unprecedented thing. It is done by a Nigerian student. He is from Yabatech. We must encourage him. I wish i can upload it here. But go here to see them all....
http://allrealitygists..com.ng/2016/03/you-may-not-believe-this-but-it-is-true.html?m=1

Anyone with special talent should drop a comment below so that we can give u publicity. Are you an upcoming artist? Do you have good music? Do you need publicity? Do you have any special talent you want to show to the world? Allreality Gists will promote you for free. We must begin to encourage oursleves.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by polycarp11: 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
Bro. How can you have justice when the foundation of the country is faulty?? Need ur reply
Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by polycarp11: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
Bro i disagree. How can you have justice when he foundation of the country is faulty??
kilokeys:
Where there is no law... There is no sin...

Once we begin prosecution.. Tribal issues will fizzle out.

America's population aren't dominated by Caucasians.

But there is relative peace and respect.

Put the judiciary in place. And things will work

For example, fulani herdsmen aren't ghosts.. They destroyed crop in this village and move to the next..
They have trails, they can be tracked, they are not above the law.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by polycarp11: 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
sportfeva:
The simple fact is that we lack justice in this country. For instance, about the Agatu massacre, the president said we should look beyond the incident and investigate what caused it, meaning no prosecution. Buhari should should be awaken that, part of what caused it is lack of justice. Ppl get away with their wrongdoings without no punishment.

Is not justice the country lack. But legitimacy
Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by orisa37: 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
Since the creation of the 36 states and 36 Governors, Nigeria ceased to be a mere geographical expression of anyone. Nigeria became a Nation State adopting English for common and international relations and 3 major Nigerian languages for deeper and more progressive development. Many thanks to the geographical skills and prowess of our military sons and daughters. All we are saying is that the Yorubas, the Idomas, the Tivs, the Ijaws, the Ibibios, the Igbos etc should come together, storm the NASS to AMEND THE 1999 CONSTITUTION to give FULL AUTONOMY TO STATE GOVERNORS with regards to sourcing and application of their Funds, safety, security and success of their states. There is no more need for SNC. Buhari wouldn't dare. But take time to amend the Constitution, legally and by its provisions, and the miracle of the physical and spiritual expression of Nigeria is hurray to the entire world. When you make Fayiose fully autonomous, Buhari will short up. There will be no Daura man to chase anybody around. Bokoharam, Biafra, Agbekoyas, Fulani Herdsmen hooliganism and virgin girls 12; 13;14 abduction and shameless raping, militants, Tompolo, Dokubos, shiites, sunnis, Buhiits, elrufaiits legislations against Christians(another tactics to uplift sharia) etc etc will automatically stop. Just try this. It's all in the power of the National Assembly!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by polycarp11: 8:25am On Mar 11, 2016
@Orisa, i agree with you very much. You just gave one practical solution to that expression by Awolowo. You suggestion will go a long way in solving many problem. But if Nigeria remains in this current structure, with many agitations and killings, then Awolowo assertion still applies. We either amend the constitution holistically or call for serious ethnic dialogue.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by kingzizzy: 8:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Nobody should kid themselves here. The three main ethnic groups despise each other, so where is the Nigeria we are talking about? As an Igbo man, I absolutely loathe the Hausa/Fulani and despise the Yoruba man. These people are not my brothers just because the British said so. Nigerian unity is a myth, a mirage that never existed. So what is the solution? From an Igbo perspective, I want my own region, I want autonony to govern myself, I want the right to declare my own independent nation if I feel that Nigeria is not right for me. This can't be too much to ask considering that less than 150 years ago, neither the Yoruba or Hausa man hardley knew who the Igbo man was, but they the ones screaming loudest about being my brother today. Until we return power and autonomy that was stolen from the indigenous people of the land by Lord Lugard, there will always be bad blood.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by demslayerrz: 9:18am On Mar 11, 2016
kingzizzy:
Nobody should kid themselves here. The three main ethnic groups despise each other, so where is the Nigeria we are talking about? As an Igbo man, I absolutely loathe the Hausa/Fulani and despise the Yoruba man. These people are not my brothers just because the British said so. Nigerian unity is a myth, a mirage that never existed. So what is the solution? From an Igbo perspective, I want my own region, I want autonony to govern myself, I want the right to declare my own independent nation if I feel that Nigeria is not right for me. This can't be too much to ask considering that less than 150 years ago, neither the Yoruba or Hausa man hardley knew who the Igbo man was, but they the ones screaming loudest about being my brother today. Until we return power and autonomy that was stolen from the indigenous people of the land by Lord Lugard, there will always be bad blood.

How are the Yorubas screaming about being your brother? Stop your lies. We now hate you too and dont know why you wont stop trooping to our region. Stay in your region and leave us alone if you are tired of Nigeria. You cant be trooping to the SW and North and still chest beating that they are holding you. Look in the mirror bro, you are the one holding yourself.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa And Igbo Marriage. Nigeria Still Remain A Mere Geographical Expres by polycarp11: 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
Guys, this is not the issue of insulting each other. We all know that in reality Nigeria is not in existence and we are only decieving ourselves. What we should be talk about are solutions. Someone suggested state full autonomy. Another said let each region break up. We need more ideas than insult. And i agree with the two options. We have to address this issue now. Okay just check out what Special adviser to Buhari said as regard to why Nigeria may not have electricity. Click here... http://allrealitygists..com.ng/2016/03/fg-is-helpless-on-electricity-needs-help.html?m=1. Is the issue of ethnicty.

(1) (Reply)

Bakassi Peninsula Refugees To Attend Biafra Congress. / BREAKING NEWS: Army Colonel, Samaila Inusa Kidnapped In Kaduna Has Been Murdere / Buhari,Osinbajo& Minister Of Budget Sen. Udoma Hold Another Budget Meeting(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.