Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

I Will Back Igbo For 2019 Presidency – IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Back Igbo For 2019 Presidency – IBB (888 Views)

Northern Youths Shortlist 12 Names For 2019 Presidency / 2019 Presidency: Patience Jonathan, Ekweremadu, Okorocha, Obi, Kalu Shortlisted / Sheriff: "2019 Presidency Ticket Cause Of PDP Crisis" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Back Igbo For 2019 Presidency – IBB by mpone: 7:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
Former Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida, says he will support Igbo to take over power in 2019.

He made the disclosure to The Interview, a magazine published by Azu Ishiekwene, focusing on leading professionals and politicians.

IBB, also said there was no need for Biafra agitation.

“I will vote for an Igbo president in 2019, if I find one.

“We do not need this distraction now,” he was quoted as saying.

On the death of Moshood Kashimawo Olawale (MKO) Abiola, acclaimed winner of the June 12 1993 election, IBB said he received the news with shock but without regret.

Asked whether he believed that Abiola died of natural causes, Babangida responded: “I should know? I didn’t serve the tea…!”

IBB further spoke on his relationship with President MuhammaduBuhari, Vasta Mamman, his childhood friend executed on his orders as well as Sani Abacha, former military ruler.

Ishiekwene disclosed that in the latest edition of the magazine, Babangida revealed how former Abia State Governor, Orji Uzor Kalu, arranged a meeting between him and Buhari in 2006.

“One thing you guys in the media want is for us to be exchanging words with each other each time we see,” IBB was quoted.

Babangida spoke on the two ‘most traumatic’ coups during his eight-year regime – the Mamman Vatsa and Gideon Orkar coups – revealing, for the first time, a meeting he had with Vatsa before his trial began.

The Interview also covered Dele Giwa and the C130 Hercules plane crash in Ejigbo, that killed 150 military officers dead.

http://www.nairapress.com/2016/03/05/i-will-back-igbo-for-2019-presidency-ibb/

Re: I Will Back Igbo For 2019 Presidency – IBB by mymadam(m): 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
Liar! sadLiar!
Re: I Will Back Igbo For 2019 Presidency – IBB by drauj(m): 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2016
As if he is relevant.

Mtsewwwwww
Re: I Will Back Igbo For 2019 Presidency – IBB by Etche1(m): 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
Backing who; for what? U that can not stand and walk on your own and you are talking of backing someone, back yourself, We no want!
Re: I Will Back Igbo For 2019 Presidency – IBB by Standing5(m): 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
These are some of secret elements behind many infrastructural decay. In a bid to be relevant again they secretly pull the govt of the day down.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Buruji Kashamu: A Shameful Giver / Jonathan Becomes First African Leader To Win Martin Luther King Human Rights Awa / BREAKING: Violence Erupt As Fulani Herdsmen Clash With Youths In Okada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.