Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,271 members, 7,867,717 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Should We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? (457 Views)

Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? / Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Babayoutoomuch(f): 11:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
A call for prayer be it personal or corporate prayers its a time of communication with the Almighty God as such we should close our eyes.However,I began to ask myself;
Must I close my eyes while praying? Each time I see a leader praying or leading prayer with open eyes I feel in my heart that such fellow is not serious.
But come to thick of it, the bible gave us the modalities of prayer,it gave different postures that can be adopted when praying and even told us the ingredients for effective prayers but no where in the holy scripture specifies closing of eyes.So my questions are:
What informs this habit? Does God respect our prayers when we close our eyes and disregard it when we don't?
Does it really show unseriousness when we don't?Pls beloved on naira land kindly help clear this puzzle.

Re: Should We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by kestolove95(m): 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
If we close our eyes while prayin den d blind should open dia eyes too while praying na...nonsense is d 2nd name for closing eyes while praying
Re: Should We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Weah96: 3:07am On Mar 06, 2016
kestolove95:
If we close our eyes while prayin den d blind should open dia eyes too while praying na...nonsense is d 2nd name for closing eyes while praying

Closing your eyes is meant to recreate the REM sleep experience where the real God is. That's why only the bloodthirsty Muslims resist doing it.

Notice that monks close their eyes when they meditate too.
Re: Should We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by lasisi69(f): 3:20am On Mar 06, 2016
No puzzle here... Closing your eyes makes one concentrate easily... It has to do with the mind, so, it requires you to close your eyes, to able to concentrate

2 Likes

Re: Should We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by orisa37: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2016
Yes and No. . Yes to improve Concentration and No if you're in Mantra.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by vooks: 11:08am On Mar 06, 2016
Shutting minimizes distractions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by babyfaceafrica: 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
Not compulsory,but good to concentate fully...it is not a sin like some people will make us believe!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Christianity 3 / Heaven; A Place Of Joy And No Sorrow???? / Taxi Driver Needed In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.