Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic (750 Views)

The Reasons Why Igbo Marriage Is Expensive And Secret Way Out / Obijackson Foundation Rejuvenates Igbo Culture With Face Of Okija / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic by tetfundfraudale: 5:58am On Mar 06, 2016
Why is so much energy wasted on a dead body that have gone to its destination.We suffer and carry dust up and down with the cost incurred.
To me if Hausa can be emulated once one dies should be buried.burial rites can be done later. Embalment is irritating and a health hazard.burial is becoming something else in Anambra.
Before we all die we all know where we are going.Heaven we work for it we don't pray for it.That is where d church mostly d catholic church deceive us.carrying a dust to church and sprinkling holy water a dust DAT never accepted Jesus.lemme leave church we all live by our conscience it guides us.
A man that never had his house painted but when his dust comes his house is painted that he never sees.cows are killed that he never tasted and prayers are prayed that he never hears.When one dies bury him and condole with family.IBO's should stop carrying dead bodies around. WE WORK FOR HEAVEN WHEN ALIVE NOT EVEN 400 BISHOPS CAN CHANGE UR DESTINY. THATS WHERE D CHURCH DECEIVES US.FOR ME IM A CATHOLIC BUT IT WILL NOT SAVE ME.MY GOOD WORKS AND MY JESUS WILL SAVE ME.
IGBOS LETS RETREAT ON HOW WE HONOUR DEAD BODIES.
YHANK U
Re: Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic by Kondomatic(m): 6:01am On Mar 06, 2016
That's not our culture oga. People do it for two reasons. To show off their wealth and To please the society. It is not a must that you do it like them.
Re: Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic by phillip001(m): 6:37am On Mar 06, 2016
This guy is high on something
Re: Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic by tetfundfraudale: 6:41am On Mar 06, 2016
Phillips high on what.embalm vapour.
Re: Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic by alexory23(m): 6:47am On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic by Katier00(f): 6:48am On Mar 06, 2016
if you don't like it, write down a will showing the way you will love to be buried simple. tell them once you die, they should throw into the grave without saying the only mass or painting your house or killing a cow in your honor.
Re: Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic by Mrbigman1(m): 7:36am On Mar 06, 2016
tetfundfraudale:
Why is so much energy wasted on a dead body that have gone to its destination.We suffer and carry dust up and down with the cost incurred.
To me if Hausa can be emulated once one dies should be buried.burial rites can be done later. Embalment is irritating and a health hazard.burial is becoming something else in Anambra.
Before we all die we all know where we are going.Heaven we work for it we don't pray for it.That is where d church mostly d catholic church deceive us.carrying a dust to church and sprinkling holy water a dust DAT never accepted Jesus.lemme leave church we all live by our conscience it guides us.
A man that never had his house painted but when his dust comes his house is painted that he never sees.cows are killed that he never tasted and prayers are prayed that he never hears.When one dies bury him and condole with family.IBO's should stop carrying dead bodies around. WE WORK FOR HEAVEN WHEN ALIVE NOT EVEN 400 BISHOPS CAN CHANGE UR DESTINY. THATS WHERE D CHURCH DECEIVES US.FOR ME IM A CATHOLIC BUT IT WILL NOT SAVE ME.MY GOOD WORKS AND MY JESUS WILL SAVE ME.
YHANK U

Oga abi madam, my grandmother died and was buried once dia was enough witness.

Funeral was arranged later.

If d dead dnt want all dose formalities, why do u give dem?

I know dia re a lot of formalities but u wnt know d respect dat follows d process until it's ur turn.

Plenty problem dey for burial for igbo land sha cos d money plenty shal.

Anambra last for just 2 days plus d wake night but a neighbour here went to bury his grandma in Enugu and dey spent a whooping 3 weeks in d village cos she's iyom.

What? In dis financial times? Dia village people should look into everything.

Plus burying a woman is d most expensive, for a man, it's just one small thing
Re: Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic by tetfundfraudale: 7:38am On Mar 06, 2016
My dear Katie DAT has been done since. Killing a cow no big issue. Saying a mass takes u no where.work for heaven when ur alive as u work for ur salary. Kate have u ever prayed for salaray.no dear u work for it Our father in heaven aiso needs our work so that in the end our salary will be heaven.
Re: Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic by tetfundfraudale: 7:50am On Mar 06, 2016
Dollar naira value if u ever say it during burial ur in trouble.dollar kwa for burial nwannem umunnam that cow must be killed. Chief was a great man.my broda doing it no problem.I feel families that can not do it.what is d essence of keeping a body in a morgue for a year waiting for d first sin in states to come bk.that money paid for embalm can solve a family problem At the end d man was buried d son never came bk his papers not complete can't risk it.why all d brulala.in fact d church part of d problem.
A dead man gone and u church saying u won't bury him as he is owing d church.what of d d man owing.
CHUKWU MA NDI NA EFE YA.MEANING GOD KNOWS HIS PEOPLE
Re: Igbo Culture Too Expensive And Problematic by christopher123(m): 3:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
tetfundfraudale:
YHANK U

We respect our own while alive and death ..we just can't bury our people anyhow

Those that we bury in cemetery are hooligans and criminals

That's igbo culture we love it that way
We keep our memories at home not in cemetery

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Death Of The Oba. Stay Clear Ota For Now. / Rio Throws Final Party To Say Goodbye To 2016 Olympics (photos) / Citilife With Nkem: 5 Unique Ways Eastern Nigerians Show Affection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.