Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

I Remembered How She Whipped My Ass - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Remembered How She Whipped My Ass (877 Views)

Pictures Of Ethiopian Women Who Beg To Be Whipped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Remembered How She Whipped My Ass by olaBanks(m): 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
Who sat and watch my infant head
When sleeping on my cradle bed
And ...
My Mother.
Those where the rhymes that made my lips during childhood. It became the team song of my school. Its was dedicated to mothers!
I am using this platform to celebrate all mothers and bid them joy and full health.
As we celebrate our mothers (Through Mother's day investiture), I just remembered how African mothers (Most of them) treat their children. My account I will share.
As a growing teen who wanted to explore, I was barred from going too far. Even to our friends house. When I dash out (always to play), I will already start crying before getting home, because I know what was next.
Eating in your friend's house was a crime against the state. Once I return and she smell my mouth(to Know whether, I eat out) and the aroma/smell/odour is different from what she is familiar with, then I was whipped.
It never occured to me that I had a right as a child. Although, the dominant parenting style in Africa and indeed the global south is 'Autoritarian'.
From another angle, I would have gone astray(morally) probably if not for regular spanking. Can that be true

I just shared shared my thought! What's your take?

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of YORUBA / A Wonderful Igbo Proclamations For Fellow Igboist / Long time Problems could be Spiritual.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.