Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. (19974 Views)

Dangote And Others Set To Acquire Peugeot Automobile Nigeria / Solomon Dalung Wore This To Visit El-Rufai At Kaduna Govt House (Pics) / Kaduna Govt Hosts, Ban Ki-Moon, UN Secretary General (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by agabaI23(m): 5:50am On Mar 07, 2016
aresa:

I did not buttress your point, I basically corrected you and you have no idea per how the government intends to participate in this company apart from the fact that they own major shares in the company.

In the USA during the recession when the U.S. automakers went bankrupt and almost collapse, the US government bought them up with taxpayers money.

The companies are back in business, stronger and making money. The government sold it's shares and made a lot of profit money on behalf of the US taxpayers.

You have your no clue where the government of Kaduna is going with this company so stop the needless assumptions and premature conclusions...
Lol, You talked about the US government buying up during the economic meltdown of 2009. That is a federal government that could print money with a company that is fully established but ran into troubled waters.

We talking about a company that is yet to start production apart from a display vehicle and then was hit by the reversal of the auto policy that resurrected the company.

The fact that US government cashed out recently tells you that government has no business in business and it was there for stability purposes to avoid job losses

What is the KD government trying to do? Is it going into business or is it trying to save face by preventing the demise of a company resurrected by the auto policy? If it is going into business, then you cannot compare with the US government intervention. If it is preventing the fold of the company, then you agree with me that it is a save face venture because the company is even yet to start full operation.

I wish the man who supervised the sales of government properties to public because of inefficiencies good luck...

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 07, 2016
fulanimafia:
Amazing development from the thinking governor.

PAN has so much capacity and technical expertise that it would be absolutely senseless to let such an asset go to waste.

With the way they have been rolling out world standard vehicles since the 1970's and enjoyed the military government's patronage of its 504 Best line and 406 in the 90's, the possibilities are limitless under a civilian administration committed to the 'Buy Nigerian' campaign.

The cars produced by PAN were not world standard but death traps of low quality. You cannot compare a 504 to a honda or toyota of the same year. try reading any consumer reports from the 80s..

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:10am On Mar 07, 2016
Love Machine:
So you think we don't hear that he is only placing ban on christian places of worship?
You're a liar.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 07, 2016
forgiveness:
People go complain say, why e no buy Innoson vehicles but dem don forget say pegeout is manufactured in Kaduna. So, Na business KD dey do ooo.
Be told that they don't manufacture in peugeot kaduna, they only assemble

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by shugaboy6102(m): 6:44am On Mar 07, 2016
Idrismusty97:
When this company fully takeoff on a grand scale. Some people with fIat heads will start saying their business is targeted. Go El Rufai, Show them what real business means.

Where is that "Common sense" Twitter senator Ben Bruce. Come and buy made in Nigeria Peugeot or you are simply a bloody hypocrite trying to exploit the sentiments of a section of Nigerians.
you made a wonderful statement but must you show ur tribalistic tendency.besides you mentioned 'flat head' is urs round abi square or oval or triangular.I know you are learned please continue to drop those ur wonderful comments and leave any iota of tribal sentiments even if u have one.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by shugaboy6102(m): 6:49am On Mar 07, 2016
princdebola201:
Flat_heads be Like El-rufai want's to kill our business.
just look @ what a full grown adult is saying.continue cos am sure its ur family members with such shapes

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by dom(m): 6:51am On Mar 07, 2016
forgiveness:
People go complain say, why e no buy Innoson vehicles but dem don forget say pegeout is manufactured in Kaduna. So, Na business KD dey do ooo.

It will be "assembled" in nigeria. Not "manufactured". Very big difference. Read the post again. Slowly, this time.
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by arresa: 6:56am On Mar 07, 2016
agabaI23:
Lol, You talked about the US government buying up during the economic meltdown of 2009. That is a federal government that could print money with a company that is fully established but ran into troubled waters.

Kind of meaningless.

The fact that US government cashed out recently tells you that government has no business in business and it was there for stability purposes to avoid job losses

And who says Kaduna state government won't cash out after stabilizing the company? You don't know anything so stop contradicting yourself..

What is the KD government trying to do? Is it going into business or is it trying to save face by preventing the demise of a company resurrected by the auto policy?

Stop admitting that you don't know anything.

If it is going into business, then you cannot compare with the US government intervention. If it is preventing the fold of the company, then you agree with me that it is a save face venture because the company is even yet to start full operation.

Intervention is intervention regardless the level of intervention.

Saving that company and securing jobs for Nigerians is not saving face, it is competent and responsible leadership. This is what we want our leaders to do.

I wish the man who supervised the sales of government properties to public because of inefficiencies good luck...

Makes no sense...

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by arresa: 6:59am On Mar 07, 2016
agabaI23:
You guys can defend anything APC even when you have doubts in your mind. If you show me one thing APC or Buhari you have openly disagreed with I will continue with this discussion otherwise, I thing it is a waste of my energy because you will never accept anything that does not praise your party.

Having said that, I want you remember that a majority shareholder has the ace. Whatever he wants is done and in this case it is the state government and it is a state government in Nigeria....

Like I said in my first post, I am all for progress, I want this to succeed but I am skeptical. But I will very much like to be proved wrong....

The only thing driving your blind argument here is tribalism, bigotry, tribalism and politics.

You don't give a damn about APC or the people of Kaduna and this is the only reason why you are not making any sense so we get it.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by banki(m): 7:04am On Mar 07, 2016
amazingspiderma:
The other day at the just concluded trade fair ,this same man said Kaduna government , Dangote along with some northern states were going to buy up the company. Today he is saying Kaduna state alone was going to buy majority stake in the company.This is inconsistent.
Secondly,If the aim of the project was to reduce youth unemployment. What will be the resulting job figures to be generated as a result if increase in the production. What are the names and types of the other allied companies that would benefit from it within the metropolis. This is just another promise. Nigerians will always celebrate promises even when they have not seen any plan or feasibility studies on the ground.
Wake me up when he presents a plan. This is an old trick as far as I am concerned.

Do you stay in kaduna?
Do you even imagine how many jobs will be created look at the chain, engineers,graphic designers,salesmen,craftsmen,bankers,nysc,imagine the lubricant companies,the battery companies etc...imagine if enugu and anambara resuscitate Anamco and make it fully productive add innoson, add nissan and toyota...first we will reduce importation of tokunbo cars,the government will have more money, then we can export to chad,benin Cameroun and Ghana first...let's encourage more
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by forgiveness: 8:24am On Mar 07, 2016
dom:

It will be "assembled" in nigeria. Not "manufactured". Very big difference. Read the post again. Slowly, this time.

Whether "manufactured" or "assembled", all i know is there will be production of pegeout and that's all.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by forgiveness: 8:26am On Mar 07, 2016
phemierowl:

Be told that they don't manufacture in peugeot kaduna, they only assemble

At the end, na still pegeout go come out and that is what matters.
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by agabaI23(m): 8:37am On Mar 07, 2016
arresa:

The only thing driving your blind argument here is tribalism, bigotry, tribalism and politics.

You don't give a damn about APC or the people of Kaduna and this is the only reason why you are not making any sense so we get it.

Me and tribalism and bigotry? lol
You probably see my argument in that light because you are operating in that realm.

There are levels some people cannot descend to...but you are entitled to your opinion.

One thing with APC is that they resort to name calling when they cannot be logical anymore... wink

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by agabaI23(m): 8:46am On Mar 07, 2016
arresa:

Kind of meaningless.

And who says Kaduna state government won't cash out after stabilizing the company? You don't know anything so stop contradicting yourself..

Stop admitting that you don't know anything.

Intervention is intervention regardless the level of intervention.

Saving that company and securing jobs for Nigerians is not saving face, it is competent and responsible leadership. This is what we want our leaders to do.

Makes no sense...
lol, era of meaningless comments?

Who says Kaduna State government will cash out?

BTW are you admitting that the company is about to close shop if there is no intervention? That means it needs to be saved like you said?
That means you are admitting that the reversal of the auto policy by Buhari and the APC is harming the economy?
That is actually one of my major points here. Can you tell Buhari to stop ruining the economy with his physical fiscal policies?

The second point is that I am skeptical that KDS government has what it takes to run an organisation successfully.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by fulanimafia: 9:29am On Mar 07, 2016
agabaI23:
[s]You guys can defend anything APC even when you have doubts in your mind. If you show me one thing APC or Buhari you have openly disagreed with I will continue with this discussion otherwise, I thing it is a waste of my energy because you will never accept anything that does not praise your party.

Having said that, I want you remember that a majority shareholder has the ace. Whatever he wants is done and in this case it is the state government and it is a state government in Nigeria....

Like I said in my first post, I am all for progress, I want this to succeed but I am skeptical. But I will very much like to be proved wrong....[/s]

fulanimafia:

You have absolutely no facts to suggest that the management of PAN would suffer if it's ownership structure is changed. If you do, state it.

No substance, nothing but hot air. You have confirmed my suspicion that your criticism is driven by political/ethnic sentiments. I have little patience for your type so swerve.
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by DominionCity16: 10:26am On Mar 07, 2016
When this company fully takeoff on a grand scale. Some people with fIat heads will start saying their business is targeted. Go El Rufai, Show them what real business means.

Where is that "Common sense" Twitter senator Ben Bruce. Come and buy made in Nigeria Peugeot or you are simply a bloody hypocrite trying to exploit the sentiments of a section of Nigerians.

can't people people make complete sentence without abusing their senior...Excuse me gentleman!!! No wonder People's blood smell like Milo & Milk to us!!!
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by agabaI23(m): 10:29am On Mar 07, 2016
fulanimafia:

No substance, nothing but hot air. You have confirmed my suspicion that your criticism is driven by political/ethnic sentiments. I have little patience for your type so swerve.
grin lol
OK naa typical...
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by orisa37: 10:32am On Mar 07, 2016
Very good Business sense. Let the acquired Firm trade in other cars and jeeps to reconvert their bodies to Peugeot encasement. This will give fillip to marketing and adaptation potencies.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by jpphilips(m): 10:59am On Mar 07, 2016
fulanimafia:
Interestingly, this comes at a time the company is planning to resume production of the luxury Peugeot 408 which can easily be used as official cars for top government functionaries and capable Nigerians alike.

Nigeria is working...we will get there.

Guess most of those Agbada wearing politicians have no clue what the yellow line on the floor means, SMH
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by fulanimafia: 11:02am On Mar 07, 2016
jpphilips:

Guess most of those Agbada wearing politicians have no clue what the yellow line on the floor means, SMH

Lol, they were clearly visitors, and it would be the duty of their non-agbada wearing guides to guide them accordingly.
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by amazingspiderma: 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
banki:

Do you stay in kaduna?
Do you even imagine how many jobs will be created look at the chain, engineers,graphic designers,salesmen,craftsmen,bankers,nysc,imagine the lubricant companies,the battery companies etc...imagine if enugu and anambara resuscitate Anamco and make it fully productive add innoson, add nissan and toyota...first we will reduce importation of tokunbo cars,the government will have more money, then we can export to chad,benin Cameroun and Ghana first...let's encourage more
So you think it is only you in whole of Nairaland, that knows Kaduna well. Let me give you a clue.PAN located at Inuawa Abulkadir industrial estate have got no companies nearby that can manufacture bicycle spoke. If you have visited Nnewi, you will find out that at Ibeto in Nnewi,they have been manufacturing brakes pads,car batteries for over 10 years. In as much as I am not here to brag about what I know, I think,we must learn to draw a line,between a dream and a vision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths / APC Thugs Invade LP Headquarters In Abuja - Julius Abure / Residents Warn Against Uncontrollable Chaos Over Lekki Tolling - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.