Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation (11925 Views)

'I bought a Car after i Invested N10m Into India Hemp'-Arrested Unilag Grad (pic / Man Erroneously Gets N10m Deposit In His Account In Lagos, Pays Debts With It / Robbers Shoot Chinese At Owerri Diamond Bank, Kill Inspector, Cart Away N10m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by blazincruz(m): 1:46am On Mar 07, 2016
By Ikechukwu Nnochiri ABUJA—The National Judicial Council, NJC, has queried the Chief Judge of Enugu State, Justice I. A. Umezulike over an allegation that he accepted N10 million donation from a litigant before his court.

The allegation was contained in a petition that was forwarded to the NJC by an Enugu-based legal practitioner, Mr. Peter N. Eze. The CJ was alleged to have invited a litigant who was a plaintiff before him to the launching of a book he wrote, and accepted a donation of N10 million from the litigant. Besides, Eze, in his petition with Ref No. MSC/23/2016, dated February 19, 2016, alleged that the CJ “altered a court order, for the purposes of assisting a judgment creditor to gain possession of a parcel of land in dispute.”

The petitioner, who cited instances of misconduct against the CJ, told the NJC that the Judge struck out a plaintiff’s application, and still awarded punitive costs against the defendant. Eze said he had earlier forwarded two petitions dated October 27, 2014, with reference No. MISC/45/2015, and another one on December 9, 2014, to the NJC. He told the legal body that the CJ issued a warrant of arrest against him, an action he said was connected to the fact that he criticised the N10m donation.

“My Lord I believe that this order for my arrest was made in bad faith and was a gross abuse of judicial power and my fundamental rights. It was meant to intimidate me and cower me for complaining about the earlier misconduct of Justice Umezulike.

“My Lord, I have suffered grave persecution in the hands of Hon. Justice I. A. Umezulike. I brought the matter to the attention of the NJC in 2014 and sadly I was told that the NJC was satisfied with the explanation Hon. Justice Umezulike had given to my complaints. “Unfortunately I was never shown a copy of the reply Justice Umezulike sent to the allegations I made. “In the meantime, I have been harassed by the police, sent on exile and my practice has virtually ground to a halt.

All because I pointed out to Justice Umezulike that it was wrong for a judge to invite a litigant who is a plaintiff in his court, to a launching of a book written by him, and accept a donation of N10,000,000 from the litigant. “It is my fervent prayer that this time, my complaints are seen to be grave enough to warrant a panel of enquiry being set up to investigate Hon.

Justice Umezulike”, the petitioner added. Meanwhile, the NJC, through a query that was signed by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, gave Justice Umezulike 14 days to respond to the allegations.

The query with Ref No. NJC/S.14/HC.EN/1/IV/327, read: “I forward herewith a petition Ref No. Msc/23/2016 dated February 19, 2016, against you by one Mr. Peter N. Eze on the above subject matter. “The petition speaks for itself. I shall be glad to have your comments within two weeks from the date of your receipt of this letter, please.”

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/njc-queries-judge-for-allegedly-receiving-n10m-donation/
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by doubleportion: 4:20am On Mar 07, 2016
the last hope of a common man indeed!

6 Likes

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by Flexherbal(m): 6:49am On Mar 07, 2016
Corruption every. If the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

8 Likes

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by ngmgeek(m): 9:47am On Mar 07, 2016
Good
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by GMan650(m): 9:48am On Mar 07, 2016
No credibility in the Judiciary system of Naija
The Executive arm is also corrupt.
The Legislature lipsrsealed Those ones are just noin to write about in terms of credibility

Corruption is the root of Nigeria's problem. Stop corruption and Naija will move forward.

Even an average Nigerian has the mindset of stealing public funds when elected. cry cry cry cry cry

14 Likes

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by Mutuwa(m): 9:48am On Mar 07, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 07, 2016
No be all of una dey collect am?
I know they'll re strategies and demand physical cash in Ghana must go bags in a coded area.

1 Like

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by Josegun(m): 9:49am On Mar 07, 2016
It's well ooo. Last hope of the common man.
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by tobiloba940(m): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2016
K
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by busysince1993(m): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2016
God's know
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by ademoladeji(m): 9:51am On Mar 07, 2016
That's BRIBERY!!!

1 Like

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by ezebunafo(m): 9:51am On Mar 07, 2016
Na today?e don tey,judithievery.

1 Like

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by blackpriest0911: 9:51am On Mar 07, 2016
The last hope of the common man

1 Like

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by jjwaterfalls(f): 9:51am On Mar 07, 2016
Corruption everywhere you go

2 Likes

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by modath(f): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2016
No point in going to court then, let's just do it Jungle Justice style... cool

Of all Judicial miscarriages in this banana Republic of ours, nothing trumps Peter Odili's lifetime injunction from being investigated for financial impropriety!! SMH! undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by yemajiteru(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2016
Rubbish...
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by ezebunafo(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2016
Na today?e don tey,judithevery
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by DONSMITH123(m): 9:54am On Mar 07, 2016
DONATION. No bi gift?

1 Like

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by feelamong(m): 9:54am On Mar 07, 2016
Thank God for the new Leadership in Nigeria...

Before now even if you petition..it will all be trashed by the NJC...

We are getting there slowly but surely!

Judiciary must be purged!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by Mubzy93(m): 9:54am On Mar 07, 2016
The capital of Nigeria shud av bn corruption island

2 Likes

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by Boss13: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2016
The judiciary is now on the spotlight. Judges will be very careful with their dealings. This is very good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 07, 2016
GMan650:
No credibility in the Judiciary system of Naija
The Executive arm is also corrupt.
The Legislature lipsrsealed Those ones are just noin to write about in terms of credibility

Corruption is the root of Nigeria's problem. Stop corruption and Naija will move forward.

Even an average Nigerian has the mindset of stealing public funds when elected. cry cry cry cry cry

So sad bruv, so sad.

There was a country right? undecided
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by GMan650(m): 10:09am On Mar 07, 2016
lestat:

So sad bruv, so sad.

There was a country right? undecided

There was? Bro, there was never a country

2 Likes

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by TOEZOFFICIAL(m): 10:14am On Mar 07, 2016
Naija, jst make d money....U'll buy d media, sponsor d executives, bribe d judiciary and be friends with d legislatives, then end up untouchable!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by driand(m): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2016
Interesting to know that the first problem of nigeria is the judiciary
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by Achorise: 10:40am On Mar 07, 2016
Jonathan! !!!!!! why again.
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by mu2sa2: 10:52am On Mar 07, 2016
The reason corruption has thrived in the judiciary is that there's no search light on the institution until now. Even the recent decision of the supreme court ordering Saraki to face his trial at cct would most probably had been otherwise but for the unprecedented public attention/media interest in the case. Corrupt judges are everywhere from the lower courts right to the apex court. They have been operating with impunity for decades in collusion with corrupt lawyers. The senior advocates (SANs) are the most corrupt, infact most of them are crooks.The fight against corruption isn't Buhari's alone; all of us must be involved in whatever way we can, even on nairaland.

8 Likes

Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by K9blunt(f): 11:02am On Mar 07, 2016
modath:

No point in going to court then, let's just do it Jungle Justice style... cool

Of all Judicial miscarriages in this banana Republic of ours, nothing trumps Peter Odili's lifetime injunction from being investigated for financial impropriety!! SMH! undecided

In fact I support jungle justice against these currput people in power.
Re: NJC Queries Umezulike On N10m Donation by K9blunt(f): 11:05am On Mar 07, 2016
[quote author=Achorise post=43551815]Jonathan! !!!!!! why again. [/quote

My friend this is not about Jonathan ,this rot has been on since time memorial before even obasanjos democratic rule. Be logical for goodness sakes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terror Alert: Police Refute Claims Of Planted Bombs across Abuja / Immigrant Filmed While Being Shot And Killed In Brazil (Graphic Video) / Nigerian Couple Torture 9-Year-Old Daughter To Death On Witchcraft Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.