Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Enugu State Okada Riders To Get Schorlaships - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State Okada Riders To Get Schorlaships (647 Views)

War Against Okada Riders To Resume In Lagos / Gridlock In Lagos As Tricycle, Okada Riders Endorse Jonathan 0 / Blast In Jos: Christian Youths Lynch Two Muslim Okada Riders To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu State Okada Riders To Get Schorlaships by SamMilla1(m): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2009
ENUGU—GOVERNOR Sullivan Chime of Enugu State has announced the award of scholarship to any commercial motorcycle operator in the state that gained admission to study in any university.

He also announced the readiness of his administration to provide soft loans that would enable them engage in productive ventures and urged them to form cooperatives to be able to benefit from the scheme.

Speaking yesterday, during the flag-off of commercial motorcycle operator’s security vest in the state, he explained that the scholarship scheme, which would be maintained throughout the life of the administration was to encourage education among the commercial motorcycle operators, stressing that, it was also a way of demonstrating that they could be more productive in other ventures.

Chime, who was represented at the occasion, which attracted over 1000 commercial motorcycle operators in the state by the Commissioner for Transport, Chief Luke Mammel, said that though most people believed that commercial motorcycle business could be done by  anybody, there was need for proper education to enable them profit the society maximally.

He said that the security vest was part of the effort to improve on security in the state, stressing that with the improved infrastructure and influx of people into the state, there was need to ensure that property and human lives were well secured.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/16/chime-pledges-varsity-scholarship-to-okada-riders/
Re: Enugu State Okada Riders To Get Schorlaships by asha2: 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2009
Is is sustainable?Isn't this just goverment rheotrics?
Re: Enugu State Okada Riders To Get Schorlaships by Fhemmmy: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2009
To study? and can they go and study outside Nigeria?
Re: Enugu State Okada Riders To Get Schorlaships by ifyalways(f): 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2009
Security vest again?oga o.
@Topic,is the scholarships for night school or what?are the bike riders even willing to go to school?some of them might prefer cash to do other biz undecided
Re: Enugu State Okada Riders To Get Schorlaships by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Jul 17, 2009
@Asha & @Ifyalways, I come bearing questions for your dear governor ooo. Make you help me tell ya people say all I want na answers and not stones in return. grin

Are Enugu Schools already up to par? Are the youths in Educated already educated? I mean why motorcycle riders getting Scholarships and not youths across the state FIRST and FOREMOST, then when those are sufficiently educated, we move to dealing with other groups such as okada riders? Is it the case that even though education in the state is as good as one could get on international front these motorcycle riders still REFUSE to attend and so have to be lured with scholarships and softloans? Do Okada people make up a significant portion of the state that the state felt to put aside money for them, I am guessing along with money for youths, elderly, disabled etc?

pretty please!! help me understand this STATE FUNDED scholarship scheme for, you guessed it, OKADA riders? Do they pay more taxes than everyone else and this is government's way of giving them back their tax returns? grin
Re: Enugu State Okada Riders To Get Schorlaships by Tudor6(f): 1:24am On Jul 17, 2009
Smart guy!
He's already mobilising for his re-election campaign.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Tell Yaradua To Stop Borrowing Money - / What Do You Think About Rotimi Amaechi? / Nigeria Seeks Approval For $500 Mln W.bank Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.