Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

My System Is Generating This Error: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My System Is Generating This Error: (1259 Views)

How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / What Is The Meaning Of This Error Code: 0x80070057 / Help My Yahoo Account Is Generating Emails And Sending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My System Is Generating This Error: by Bonie(m): 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2006
My system is generating this error:
"C:\docume~1\abronoma\locals~1\temp\werd88c.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp"

svc host, what do i do? please some one help, what do i use to remove trojan from my system

Thank you
Re: My System Is Generating This Error: by Neoteny(m): 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2006
Svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries (DLLs).

this is what i dug up:

The Svchost.exe file is located in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder. At startup, Svchost.exe checks the services part of the registry to construct a list of services that it must load. Multiple instances of Svchost.exe can run at the same time. Each Svchost.exe session can contain a grouping of services. Therefore, separate services can run, depending on how and where Svchost.exe is started. This grouping of services permits better control and easier debugging.

Svchost.exe groups are identified in the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Svchost
Each value under this key represents a separate Svchost group and appears as a separate instance when you are viewing active processes. Each value is a REG_MULTI_SZ value and contains the services that run under that Svchost group. Each Svchost group can contain one or more service names that are extracted from the following registry key, whose Parameters key contains a ServiceDLL value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Service
To view the list of services that are running in Svchost: 1. Click Start on the Windows taskbar, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type CMD, and then press ENTER.
3. Type Tasklist /SVC, and then press ENTER.

Tasklist displays a list of active processes. The /SVC switch shows the list of active services in each process. For more information about a process, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Tasklist /FI "PID eq processID" (with the quotation marks)

the long and short of it is that its neither a trojan nor a virus, but that extra extension (.mdmp) aftyer .exe worries me. i suggest you eithr get ur antiviral software to scan ur system folders or u head to www.liutilities.com for a fre svchost.exe errors scan. whatever u do DONT DELETE IT YET!
Re: My System Is Generating This Error: by gbeng1: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2006
you can also use kaspersky antivirus but you will have to update it first ok
Re: My System Is Generating This Error: by jammin(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2006
have you got norton antivirus installed on your system?
Re: My System Is Generating This Error: by Neoteny(m): 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2006
forget norton and kaspersky: tried both, failed miserably. GET AVAST.
Re: My System Is Generating This Error: by TrevorDJ(m): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2022
If you enjoy opening up Task Manager to review what applications are running and inspect other important details about your system. Here, you might have likely noticed several instances of svchost.exe running. You may wonder what its function is or if it’s a virus, malware, or an application gone wrong. This guide explains what Svchost.exe means, if it’s safe and if it is a virus.

https://www.novabach.com/what-is-svchost-exe-is-it-safe-or-its-a-virus/

(1) (Reply)

Internet Connection On Vista Via Nokia Pc Suite. / Neatly Used HP Dm4 Intel Core I5 500gb Hdd 4gb RAM / IDE Hard Drive Needed (to Buy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.