Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) (63363 Views)

Deaf Man Builds Locally Made Tipper Truck In Anambra (Photos) / Man Builds An Aeroplane Model In Anambra State Using Scrap Materials. Photos / Photos: University Student In Kaduna Builds Helicopter From Scraps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by popesam1(m): 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
Rossikk:
Sure doesn't take a lot to impress you.
I'm really impress
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by omenka(m): 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
LordMecuzy:
If I say what's on my mind, they'll all say I'm a hater because I'm igbo...

Well all I can say is "Ingenuity at its peak, Keep it up Bro because it is in you"

God Bless Imo State
Bros leave matter. Nothing like hater here. These so called "creative" Nigerians should stop embarrassing us with these nonsense. Haba. Na by force? What is helicoptish about that trash up there??

Mtscheeew.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by omenka(m): 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
Rossikk:
It's obvious this guy is lazy and lacks real creativity and genius. He was more interested in building a caricature to pose beside as his 'helicopter' than actually taking the time to learn the elements of improvisational engineering and design that could help him build something worthwhile. A lot of info to build rudimentary flying craft can be found online for free, and it's disappointing the guy has not taken advantage of that.
Shiit beats me honestly.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by GerogeI(m): 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
ExAngel007:
Facebook user, Owopetu Abiola, has shared photos of an
helicopter built by an unidentified man in Oyo state.

He posted the photos on his page with the caption: ‘ ‘This
Helicopter is a handiwork of a very gentle man in a little village
near Oyo town.

The copter can move from place to place but can’t fly yet.
Please like this picture to show some love to the creative
mind.”

See the photos below, with Abiola posing next to it:

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt6ihj946sotm.7cc3b7a9.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt49aqrh3stak.441a6040.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt1tdhh3kb2lvg.f80e4e59.jpg[/img]

Creativity sure abounds in Nigeria!

One day, naija go build TITANIC grin grin grin

https://www.naij.com/755553-nigerian-man-builds-helicopter-oyo-photos.html

I have noticed with quite positive interest how many young Nigerians want to build aircrafts?
As a young man I too had such interest, I spent many a vacation searching for more information from encyclopaedia about exactly what it is that makes an aircraft fly.

So I am making this long post to give anyone who has the interest some direction. I hope they can find this post as well when they search google.

A. So the first rule about Engineering is do not reinvent the wheel? Why?
Because the process of Optimization and refinement of any existing invention that is in major use has probably lasted more than five times your life time, some tens, or hundreds of of men with brains as sharp as yours or even brighter have contributed to it. It will take you more than a life time to replicate what these men have done.
I know your next argument is that you want to improve it, my answer is " great, learn what they have done, and start wherever they stopped". That short phrase is so hard to do that you will always find yourself falling into the temptation of " I'll just do mine"

B. So now to the art of flight proper. What makes a plane fly?
So these young boys spend so much time, welding, or using polyester to mould a streamlined shape for the airplane. That's good but that is secondary. An airplanes power is in the wings, for a helicopter it is in the blades. Understanding these two items Wings and blades is harder that designing the rest of the body of the aircraft.

C. So most hobbists just leave off the body and concentrate on the design of the airfoil? Am Wondering if you heard that right. The blades of a helicopter, and the wings of an airplane have a cross sectional shape which is called an airfoil. It is this particular shape that results in lower pressure above the blade or wing, and higher pressure below it, when ever air moves fast over the surface of a blade or a wings. This is the lifting force that makes an aircraft fly. Either the design or the construction of an airfoil is a difficult task, because it needs to be really accurate before it will work.

D. So many people before you have studied airfoil such that today we have a set of standardised shapes that young Engineers like yourself can copy after gaining some understanding of how they work from basic fluid mechanics or aeronautics. To learn more about NACA aerofoil series check the link http://people.clarkson.edu/~pmarzocc/AE429/The%20NACA%20airfoil%20series.pdf, google it as well.
To make an aircraft, make an aerofoil, the rest is easier. If you understand aerofoils said, you can even apply it to wind turbines, or boat/ship propellers.

Good luck as you search for more knowledge.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Henchnwa: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
Did dis helicopter fly?. If yes he should be given more knowledge frm the country dat produced helicopter.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by jimi4us: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ibadan helicopter? Abeg dis people are always full of surprises

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Nicepoker(m): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2016
Throw that thing inside waste bin. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
he try fr d stress to build...thats all
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by emilyone(f): 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
This one na Elicoputeller grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by O0XYGEN: 6:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
ExAngel007:
Facebook user, Owopetu Abiola, has shared photos of an helicopter built by an unidentified man in Oyo state.

He posted the photos on his page with the caption: ‘ ‘This Helicopter is a handiwork of a very gentle man in a little village near Oyo town.

The copter can move from place to place but can’t fly yet. Please like this picture to show some love to the creative mind.”

hahaha this can only happen in a useless country like nigeria.
Does this even looks like helicopter
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Kokolett(f): 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
grin Really hilarious! Only in Ibadan.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Dhotseal(m): 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
Mortiple:
How is this a Helicopter? Enough of these jokes!

UNTIL IT FLIES, he has really done nothing special and should not be eulogized.

If I may ask, where are all the 'ingenious' builders that were celebrated on Nairaland in the past?

Aptly put. U simply took the words from my fingers. Lol
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

lalasticlala

all I see is d guy using

the only ceiling fan in his house as d heliflopter propeller
Big body small Fan that tin no fit comot frm dah compound sef grin
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by amivel(f): 6:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin smiley you people will not kill me in this nairaland
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by emmymdk: 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lol
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by nikz(f): 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2016
Abeg abeg abeg wetin be this?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by hardbody: 6:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
kayfra:
It's the effort that counts.

In management you reward result not effort. Even in the extant case, the effort here exhibited shows that the guy is a terrible panel beater. He can't fix simple body parts and make them straight.

And we there hailing him because his helicopter drives from place to place, just the way copters are made to drive.

For the records copters just take off and land. They don't taxi
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by amudah: 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
9ice pix bro, keep it up
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Fynline(m): 6:13pm On Mar 07, 2016
My only angst is the regurgitation is an expression of his poor imagination. I don't think this guy has seen a chopper before, maybe there are none in Ibadan cos if he had seen then i doubt he would be wasting out time with his rubbish
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 07, 2016
nabiz:
Africa! Africa!! Africa!!!, africa how many times have I called u? U started. With ur brother from the date of creation and till this 21 century u are still playing toy as a child while ur brothers are grown. What is ur problem africa, whose is responsible for ur failure africa? When will obi become a boy?
Na Boy or na Man wey Obi suppose become now
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by redcliff: 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nace5:

Big body small Fan that tin no fit comot frm dah compound sef grin

It would surprise you that guy would drive that thing on the road. Since the op said it drives from place to place.. lmao!
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Peejoeee(m): 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

lalasticlala

all I see is d guy using

the only ceiling fan in his house as d heliflopter propeller

Lol
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by whizcartel(m): 6:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
ExAngel007:
Facebook user, Owopetu Abiola, has shared photos of an helicopter built by an unidentified man in Oyo state.

He posted the photos on his page with the caption: ‘ ‘This Helicopter is a handiwork of a very gentle man in a little village near Oyo town.

The copter can move from place to place but can’t fly yet. Please like this picture to show some love to the creative mind.”

OP. Shey e dey fly
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by thefakestan: 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lala pass me whatever u r on!

ThefakeStan
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by AbdulHaram(m): 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2016
Can this one fly from Osun State to Ibadan?? Just asking! angry angry

The brown roof in the background, though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by dayowunmi(m): 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lolz, what's with all these rubbish people are building nowadays, have we come to the stage where we celebrate toys? How da heck is this a helicopter? Can it fly? Does it even work? I hope somebody will not build a plastic or wooden motorcycle and you will label it as if it were real. I support encouraging young engineers but please stop this jokes of a inventions please.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Alwaystruth: 6:19pm On Mar 07, 2016
hahahaha..
The builder must have studied aeronautical engineering at any of the universities in Nigeria.
Oh, sorry, aeronot and not aeronautical engineer,please,because this is absolutely nothing (not).
Anyway, the helicopter can be used to shuttle Ibadan -Ore air routes. Ha hahahaha.
Ibadan airways...Hahahaaha grin grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by MaxAngellyn: 6:19pm On Mar 07, 2016
In as much as everyone especially me; know there is still much work to be done. A lil encouragement won't kill.... Try harder next tym bro. You are almost there.
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Taeewo(m): 6:19pm On Mar 07, 2016
Wonderful
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Babyphinas(f): 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
9ja got talents
Re: Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) by Princek12(m): 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
Before you enter this helicopter to fly you somewhere, do the following:

1) bid you family members farewell and say your last prayers;
2) ask God to forgive you all of your sins;
3) Write your will and get life insurance for your loved ones;
4) Plan your funeral ahead and make provision for payment of your funeral expenses; and
5) prepare to meet your maker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Angry Elephant Attacks Jumbo Sculpture After Thinking It’s A Love Rival(Pix,vid) / Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / Frank Darko, Ghanaian Inventor Who Built Bicycle That Rides On Water Launches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.