Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

I Want To Change Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Change Church (1289 Views)

Why Do People Change Church? / Reasons Children Change Church Once They Get Admitted In Higer Institution / Is It Wrong To Change Church Because Of Preaching Blunders By My Pastors?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Change Church by vision2050: 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
I have been attending this church for over three years now, I joined the teachers department in the process of working for God. I'm not a idle type of person, very effective in discharge my duties, even create some groups that will contribute financially to meet the demands of church when it arise. working from teacher, to usher to protocol to interpreter, at times as a standing pastor if our father in the lord is not around. But I want to change church . Reasons
1. Im bored
2. I need new teaching
3. I want new challenge, I don't want to be a local champion
4. Our member are rigid no matter how you try to bring New ideas your efforts will be frustrated.
5. At times some minister leave their responsibility to me, they will say since you know how to do it, continue to do it yourself, many times I don't look their face I do my work as God lead.

I want to leave but my problem are:
1. The church is a throw stone from my house, I remember a day I didn't attend service, many people at my door step from Pastor wife to Minister, choir to brother in Christ. Is it because my house is near?
2. I don't know what to tell them or what happen why I didn't come to church again.

Please I need your advice.
Thanks
Re: I Want To Change Church by tripplephi: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
vision2050:
I have been attending this church for over three years now, I joined the teachers department in the process of working for God. I'm not a idle type of person, very effective in discharge my duties, even create some groups that will contribute financially to meet the demands of church when it arise. working from teacher, to usher to protocol to interpreter, at times as a standing pastor if our father in the lord is not around. But I want to change church . Reasons
1. Im bored
2. I need new teaching
3. I want new challenge, I don't want to be a local champion
4. Our member are rigid no matter how you try to bring New ideas your efforts will be frustrated.
5. At times some minister leave their responsibility to me, they will say since you know how to do it, continue to do it yourself, many times I don't look their face I do my work as God lead.

I want to leave but my problem are:
1. The church is a throw stone from my house, I remember a day I didn't attend service, many people at my door step from Pastor wife to Minister, choir to brother in Christ. Is it because my house is near?
2. I don't know what to tell them or what happen why I didn't come to church again.

Please I need your advice.
Thanks

Guy did the Bible not say carry your cross or you are seeking ready made church where u will be recognized and better people attending? Did God give you a vision that can not be accomplished in that small church or are you ambitious.... Remember there is no perfect church. Don't despise the days of little beginnings. Anyway all I say is go to God (not Nairaland) in prayer and pour it all out and HEAR WHAT HE TELLS YOU. I sense it's just your flesh wanting promotion before your time. When it's time to graduate even the uniform won't fit you. So remember Galatians 4. As long as you are a child you are put under tutors and governors till the TIME APPOINTED BY THE FATHER.. The choice is yours. Let's just be loving God
Re: I Want To Change Church by Profvic107(m): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
k
Re: I Want To Change Church by vision2050: 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
tripplephi:

Guy did the Bible not say carry your cross or you are seeking ready made church where u will be recognized and better people attending? Did God give you a vision that can not be accomplished in that small church or are you ambitious.... Remember there is no perfect church. Don't despise the days of little beginnings. Anyway all I say is go to God (not Nairaland) in prayer and pour it all out and HEAR WHAT HE TELLS YOU. I sense it's just your flesh wanting promotion before your time. When it's time to graduate even the uniform won't fit you. So remember Galatians 4. As long as you are a child you are put under tutors and governors till the TIME APPOINTED BY THE FATHER.. The choice is yours. Let's just be loving God
Thanks. But I'm not ambitious rather want new teaching and mentor. I have been telling God and I know he will lead me. THANKS
Re: I Want To Change Church by tripplephi: 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
vision2050:
Thanks. But I'm not ambitious rather want new teaching and mentor. I have been telling God and I know he will lead me. THANKS
2 TIMOTHY 4:3
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear.

i have been there..... its the fastest route to ERROR. WAIT on GOD. i guess he wont speak, so you remain there till he promotes you. remember its called WALKING with GOD not RUNNING with GOD.
Re: I Want To Change Church by vision2050: 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
tripplephi:

2 TIMOTHY 4:3
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear.

i have been there..... its the fastest route to ERROR. WAIT on GOD. i guess he wont speak, so you remain there till he promotes you. remember its called WALKING with GOD not RUNNING with GOD.
I quite understand your advice.
Re: I Want To Change Church by jmann2(m): 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
Maybe God is guiding you to a better place where you will be more useful.
I don't believe in staying in a dead place where you cannot feel God's presence.
Re: I Want To Change Church by Penssuwa(m): 9:02am On Mar 09, 2016
None of the reasons given by your is good enough. You feel bored? Is church a party house?
Re: I Want To Change Church by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 09, 2016
Profvic107:
hello vision... am an Evangelist....let chat privatly on watsapp abt the issue....if u don't mind...08165066517
Can I contact you too? cheesy I'll give you a call.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Change Church by vision2050: 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
Penssuwa:
None of the reasons given by your is good enough. You feel bored? Is church a party house?
is bored only the reasons I stated? you can't understand
Re: I Want To Change Church by vision2050: 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
Penssuwa:
is bored only the reasons I stated? you can't understand......
Re: I Want To Change Church by analice107: 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
I found myself in your shoes some years back. I needed to change church, but didn't know where to go. I sort God's face for two years, where to worship, all the while, still active in my former church, but spiritually I was going down and I needed fire. God intervened by someone inviting me to Living Faith Church. My God!!!!.
Before then, if you dare mention living faith to me, Hmmmm. I saw the Bishop like an antichrist who was only interested in private jets. But I honoured the invitation and went. To say the least, my spiritual life has soar, I got born again for long, but I never received holy ghost baptism, but two months in Winners, I got baptized in the spirit.
I discovered that looking at the church from outside, you will get it all wrong, but inside is very different. Those people are very serious minded.
I invite you to go to any Living Faith Assembly closest to you, give God a try there. You sound like the type who likes to serve, join a serve unit and serve yourself to victory. From Glory to Glory.
Re: I Want To Change Church by olabode297(m): 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
Im having the same problem.The fire in my church has gone down and this has been affecting my zeal.I cried on to the Lord& He asked me to leave to a place He 'll show me.I went to d pastor & told him what God said.He reluctantly allowed me to leave.Im nt attending a church right now but im waiting on Him & i Know @ the right tym He'll lead me.
Re: I Want To Change Church by analice107: 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
olabode297:
Im having the same problem.The fire in my church has gone down and this has been affecting my zeal.I cried on to the Lord& He asked me to leave to a place He 'll show me.I went to d pastor & told him what God said.He reluctantly allowed me to leave.Im nt attending a church right now but im waiting on Him & i Know @ the right tym He'll lead me.
And, He will. But brother, you should have stayed until you are led to the new place, because now you will be away from the sustenance and nourishment that comes with fellowship with the Brethren. Nevertheless, it's well. Just stay focused and prayerful. Pls don't allow Satan throw some enticing stuff before you.
May the Lord strength and renew His fire in you, Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Change Church by olabode297(m): 9:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
Yes i initially thought of staying b4 God reveals the next step to me but then on consultation with brethren i was advised to come out first.The reason one particular brethren gave was that staying could lead to divided loyalty/interest which may not make me pursue or pray for God's will earnestly.Thanks anyway.I appreciate .Bless you
Re: I Want To Change Church by analice107: 10:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
olabode297:

Yes i initially thought of staying b4 God reveals the next step to me but then on consultation with brethren i was advised to come out first.The reason one particular brethren gave was that staying could lead to divided loyalty/interest which may not make me pursue or pray for God's will earnestly.Thanks anyway.I appreciate .Bless you
You are welcome brother. It's good to allow the Holy Spirit lead you.
Re: I Want To Change Church by vision2050: 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2016
analice107:
I found myself in your shoes some years back. I needed to change church, but didn't know where to go. I sort God's face for two years, where to worship, all the while, still active in my former church, but spiritually I was going down and I needed fire. God intervened by someone inviting me to Living Faith Church. My God!!!!.
Before then, if you dare mention living faith to me, Hmmmm. I saw the Bishop like an antichrist who was only interested in private jets. But I honoured the invitation and went. To say the least, my spiritual life has soar, I got born again for long, but I never received holy ghost baptism, but two months in Winners, I got baptized in the spirit.
I discovered that looking at the church from outside, you will get it all wrong, but inside is very different. Those people are very serious minded.
I invite you to go to any Living Faith Assembly closest to you, give God a try there. You sound like the type who likes to serve, join a serve unit and serve yourself to victory. From Glory to Glory.
Thanks Bro, to say the fact my spirit is not with the church again. all my activities is just like someone being force. My problem is that the church is a throw stone to my house, they keep coming to my house. I wish to change location but financial constraints. I told God last year that I need a disciple to nurture me, I think he answer. I'm moving with God instruction
Re: I Want To Change Church by vision2050: 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
olabode297:
similar in my case. but I don't inform my Pastor but I have restore to shun church program and If they call, I give them excuses. I don't know maybe those ideas are welcome/good?

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus A Mamiwater? / Photos: Nigerian Pastor Heals Man Whose joystick Refused To Come Down / No Nigerian Prophet Or Pastor Is Qualified To Receive Your Tithes - Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.