|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,191,100 members, 4,777,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 23 February 2019 at 10:40 AM
|2016 NMA ELECTION: MASHI for President by bahaushe1: 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2016|
NMAELECTION: I Believe Together We Can Make NMA Great Again - Dr Sharfuddeen Mashi
My dear Hippocratic Family!
My name is Dr Sharfuddeen Abbas Mashi (MBBS, FWACS). I am a Consultant Urologist/Lecturer, Aminu Kano Teching Hospital (AKTH)/Bayero University Kano (BUK). I have been participating in unionism right from secondary school, medical school, through residency training, and even now as a Specialist.
Let me share with you some of my experience in leadership:
✓ I am currently the Chairman of NMA Kano.
✓ North West Caucus Chairman
✓ Immediate past Secretary of NMA Kano.
✓ Past NARD VP1.
✓ Past President ARD AKTH Kano. ✓ Past Secretary General ARD AKTH Kano.
✓ Past PRO ARD AKTH.
✓ Past DRE NAKAMS.
✓ Past President AKAMS BUK.
✓ Past Sec. Gen. ISMA BUK.
✓ Past Welfare Officer AKAMS BUK.
I have travelled far and wide (home and abroad) in my quest for knowledge and have interacted with individuals from different races, cultures and backgrounds which has equipped me with the necessary exposure and composure to handle any situation wherever I find myself. I have been in NMA for over a decade and have been an active NMA NEC member for the past 4 years.
My desire to serve NMA at the highest capacity was born out of my vision, passion and conviction to transform NMA into a dependable, reliable and formidable association that all members of NMA irrespective of their affiliations would be proud of.
My Plans for NMA:
1. Foster unity among members of NMA as I represent a bridge between the generations. Our elders will be respected by the young ones and their wisdom will be harvested and cherished; our youth will be promoted by the elders and their energy and passion will be propagated and guided, so that together all of us – the old and the young – we can come together and make NMA great again!!!
2. Transform NMA into a strong advocacy and lobby- oriented professional association that will pursue with vigour;
➢ Promulgation of Doctor-friendly legislations, with re-emphasis on pro-activity rather than reactivity.
➢ Implementation of provisions of National Health act to ensure the advancement of the National Health System. In particular, the implementation of the Basic Health Services funds to promote access and Universal Health coverage to Nigerians through NHIS.
➢ Improvement in budgetary allocation to healthcare.
➢ Doctor’s Welfare and Universal applicability of all extant federal circulars as well as unification of allowances for doctors irrespective of where they work.
➢ Release of a favourable white paper on Yayale Ahmed Committee's report.
➢ Robust funding for residency training including overseas clinical attachment and special training, retraining and capacity development for medical officers.
3. Sustainable financing of NMA, through the initiation of corporate investment and collaboration with financing institutions, as well as working with renewed impetus towards speedy and successful completion of the NMA House in Abuja.
4. Organizing retreats and seminars aimed at promoting high ethical standards of practice, compassionate service, integrity, professionalism and excellence. This will restore the glory and respect for medical profession.
5. Promotion of clinical governance as well as advocacy for Government provisions of healthcare development fund to encourage Public Private Partnership. This will promote the emergence of hospitals capable of competing with centers abroad and thereby curtailing foreign medical trips and its economic implications in this dire economic situation.
6. Collaboration with International drugs and biomedical companies to get funding for cutting edge researches aimed at improving healthcare delivery at all levels.
7. Collaboration with professional bodies and both post-graduate medical colleges to develop a standard curriculum for residency training, as well as standard protocol for managing common ailments and emergencies that will conform to inte
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62