Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Jonathan Beats Tinubu, Koffi Anan, 3 Others To Clinch African Leadership Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Beats Tinubu, Koffi Anan, 3 Others To Clinch African Leadership Award (806 Views)

Buratai's Kwameh Nkrumah Leadership Award In Pictures / Stella Oduah Recieves Pan-African Leadership Award / Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jonathan Beats Tinubu, Koffi Anan, 3 Others To Clinch African Leadership Award by nkiruhomann(f): 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has beaten former Lagos State Governor and National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and former United Nations Secretary General, Koffi Anan, to clinch the African Leadership Magazine Person of the Year, 2015. Ex-president Jonathan also defeated the founder, ECONET Wireless, Strive Masiyiwa; the Chairman, Heirs Holding, Tony Elumulelu and the President, African Development Bank (AfDB), Akinwumi Adesina.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan This was disclosed by former Pro Tempore President of the Liberian Senate and Chairman of the 2015 African Leadership Person of the Year selection committee, Cletus Wortoson, In a letter to ex-President Jonathan, Wortoson said: “There is no one best suited at the moment than your excellency, to advise the continent’s leaders on the merits of good governance and enduring democracy. “Your popular mantra of ‘one man one vote’ and ‘my ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian,’ is a message that must be preached loud and clear on the continent, hence our endorsement. “It is with great pleasure that I bring you the news of your selection as the African Leadership Magazine Person of the Year, 2015.” The committee applauded Jonathan for his “uncommon characteristics” in deepening democracy in Africa, adding that “In adopting you as our choice, we placed a very high premium on your commitment towards deepening democracy on the continent – a characteristic which is uncommon among most African leaders at the highest level today. “Chief among the many factors we considered was your efforts towards promoting good governance in Africa through the promotion of free and fair elections across the continent. “Your recent assignment to Tanzania received accolades and international acclaim, because you discharged the responsibility most creditably. “We resolved that there is no one best suited at the moment than Your Excellency, to advise the continent’s leaders on the merits of good governance and enduring democracy. “The board is fully persuaded that you have served your country, Nigeria, meritoriously, conducted a free and fair election, in which you lost and yet conceded defeat, a development seeing by many in the continent as historical. “Your popular mantra of ‘one man one vote’ and ‘my ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian,’ is a message that must be preached loud and clear on the continent, hence our endorsement.” Recall that the award has been previously won by Liberian President and Nobel prize winner, Johnson Sirleaf; former Ghanaian President, John Kuffour; Founder of Mo Ibrahim Foundation, Dr. Mo Ibrahim; Chairman, Honeywell Group, Oba Otudeko and lawn tennis goddess, Serena Williams. Recall also, that ex-President Jonathan also became the first African leader to win the Martin Luther King human rights award

http://nkiruhomann.com/
Re: Jonathan Beats Tinubu, Koffi Anan, 3 Others To Clinch African Leadership Award by Brightology2(m): 10:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
#singing# up up Goodluck !!!

down down ------? I nor call anybody name o.pls fill in d missing word

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Beats Tinubu, Koffi Anan, 3 Others To Clinch African Leadership Award by bammy00(m): 10:56pm On Mar 07, 2016
As much as I am happy he is still being recognized for good, his ineffectiveness while in power remains a cause for regret.
Re: Jonathan Beats Tinubu, Koffi Anan, 3 Others To Clinch African Leadership Award by Flashh: 10:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
OK!
Re: Jonathan Beats Tinubu, Koffi Anan, 3 Others To Clinch African Leadership Award by GreatEngineer(m): 1:04am On Mar 08, 2016
Tomorrow they will slam him or his former minister with corruption allegations to spoil this award.
Buhari will be crying in aso rock right now because of this news.
Re: Jonathan Beats Tinubu, Koffi Anan, 3 Others To Clinch African Leadership Award by Omexonomy: 4:27am On Mar 08, 2016
bammy00:
As much as I am happy he is still being recognized for good, his ineffectiveness while in power remains a cause for regret.
i can see how effective boohary is.
Re: Jonathan Beats Tinubu, Koffi Anan, 3 Others To Clinch African Leadership Award by naijaboy756: 4:36am On Mar 08, 2016
bammy00:
ineffectiveness by the dull/poor you and awards by elites. Don't you think you need to see a doctor?
Re: Jonathan Beats Tinubu, Koffi Anan, 3 Others To Clinch African Leadership Award by Mynd44: 5:47am On Mar 08, 2016

(1)

CNN: Nigeria’s First Car Maker Takes To The Skies In Fighter Jets. (pictures) / PHOTO: Boy Found Wandering At Ikorodu Road,lagos / Links Between Boko Haram And Shiites - Sharia Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.