Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag (45429 Views)

Nigeria Police Return To Gwoza MOPOL Training Camp, Hoist Flag / @nigerianewsdesk: Nigeria Police Return To Gwoza MOPOL Training Camp,hoist Flag / Fulani Herdsman Hoist Flag In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Nobody: 2:22am On Mar 09, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

First of all Cameroon is not your so called ant.

She possibly would defeat Nigeria in a military combat. Nigeria that hasn't been able to defeat a non governmental ragtag army of Boko Haram.

She could have other permutations as to the invasion. Eastern Nigeria is not 100 percent loyal to Nigeria. Of which any major conflict begining in that area might ignite alignment and realignment of forces from groups you never expected.

Nigeria, in her right senses, may not want to engage Cameroon from that geographical location.

You are right tho but you forgot cameroon have a boundry with adamawa too which will make BH alien with them too
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by saintkeppy(m): 2:59am On Mar 09, 2016
emperorgoke:
Lair! Cameroonian skipped Obanliku, Ikom, Boki, Obudu to Hoist their flags in Akwa Ibom abi..... Go back to bed
. Lol ..You 4got 2 add Akamkpa 2 the list. Effiat clan is located southside of the cross river estuary shares common boundary with new bakkassi/Akpabuyo LGAs of CRS. As a matter of fact its 1 of the efik clans. They dont share land border but maritime boundary with Bakassi peninsula which is now in cameroon. Its 1 of the last point within nigeria/cameroon waterway when travelling from Oron town jetty using speed boat or a ferry boat. The villages in Effiat include Akwa Obio Effiat, ibuot utan, utan brama & Tom shot islands. The area is rich in oil&gas. I am from that axis.
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Asiri1991: 3:03am On Mar 09, 2016
Someone should launch Babawhileyouwereonair for us on twitter.
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Asiri1991: 3:05am On Mar 09, 2016
And someone was busy warning South Korea. It is well.
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by 41lady(m): 3:11am On Mar 09, 2016
The people should be happy, in this hard and troubled economy condition of Nigeria is better they accept the offer of been dual citizen.

Moreover, it is better for them (Akwa Ibom).
I wish the cameroun will come and claim my village since we speak same language...Je suis originaire de cameroun.
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by saintkeppy(m): 3:23am On Mar 09, 2016
esonuu:
I tot it was cross river(ikom side) dat shares a boundary wit cameroun?
. Not only ikom bro' boki, akamkpa, obudu, obanliku Lgas share boundaries too. Effiat clan shares maritime boundary when travelling by sea to cameroon. Its 1 of the last communities on naija southeast corner boardering cameroon its also catchment area to the proposed Ibaka deep seaport in AKS. I'm from dat axis so i know what i mean.
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by saintkeppy(m): 3:36am On Mar 09, 2016
41lady:
The people should be happy, in this hard and troubled economy condition of Nigeria is better they accept the offer of been dual citizen.

Moreover, it is better for them (Akwa Ibom).
I wish the cameroun will come and claim my village since we speak same language...Je suis originaire de cameroun.
. U prefer cameroon? Abeg Nigeria is better the country is too backward and 1 man (paul Biya)still rulin' them since '82
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Gboliwe: 3:49am On Mar 09, 2016
I don't believe this story. Doesn't even have a credible source
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by luwehn: 4:15am On Mar 09, 2016
This is incredibly bad new for Nigeria. And we have Law-makers. Al least for the interest of the unity of the country, because, they Cameroonian government will want to use money to entice those greedy and hungry chiefs into accepting their citizenship and still be chiefs just to get access to these communities, especially now that border demarcation is ongoing. Please, let our Law makers rise up to their work
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by lordm(m): 6:34am On Mar 09, 2016
I miss abacha
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by esonuu(m): 6:41am On Mar 09, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Not only ikom bro' boki, akamkpa, obudu, obanliku Lgas share boundaries too. Effiat clan shares maritime boundary when travelling by sea to cameroon. Its 1 of the last communities on naija southeast corner boardering cameroon its also catchment area to the proposed Ibaka deep seaport in AKS. I'm from dat axis so i know what i mean.

tanx bro 4 teaching me wat i knw not,if na sum people,na insult them for gimme
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by poseidon12: 7:14am On Mar 09, 2016
This is where you need the Nigerian Army to do its constitutional job of protecting the sovereignty of Nigeria. But they would be missing in action. They would be busy shooting unarmed IPOB protesters and ganging up to beat civilians inside the cities.
And you will not see stupid and clueless Mr. Daura of the useless DSS in action here. He is busy playing partisan politics.
It's really frustrating to have fools at the helm of affairs.
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by saintkeppy(m): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2016
quote author=esonuu post=43605407] tanx bro 4 teaching me wat i knw not,if na sum people,na insult them for gimme[/quote]. U're welcome!
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 09, 2016
With the situation of things under this NORMADIC president,the people might be happy to be Cameroonians-
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by odomanis: 7:47am On Mar 09, 2016
Oloniyan:
Buhari cannot be blamed for this grin

TBH why would village heads out of greediness sold out their people?
Buhari's DSS oya to you grin

How will DSS know that Nigerian territory is being taken over secretly when they are busy chasing PDP members ?
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by AlanSugar(m): 8:07am On Mar 09, 2016
KINGTELLER:
Somebody should call on the "junketeer", his attention is needed to defend territory of Nigeria

Someone will sit at the comfort of his/her home and type rubbish with his/her 3310 phone.. Last year I was in Oron, I could not believe it when three cameroonian were identified inside the same bus I boarded, u wont even know they were from cameroon not until when immigration stopped us to identify them through their passport.

Pls what exactly is your point here, are there no oron people in Cameroun?
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by saintkeppy(m): 8:08am On Mar 09, 2016
Damfostopper:
Post from a daft op.... I guess u wanted to say Calabar cos akwa ibom doesn't share boundaries with Cameroun
. Effiat clan do, its an island community located on the downward part of the cross river estuary, only accessible by sea not land boundry but maritime boundry along the territorial waters bordering the bakassi peninsular which is in cameroon now. I know the area too well
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by uncleade(m): 8:27am On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=mile12crises post=43592751]The Cameroonian government has allegedly forcefully taken over parts of Akwa Ibom State not covered by the original judgment to cede part of the Bakasi Peninsular to the Central African country following a decision of the International Court of Justice (ICC) in The Hague in 2002.
More than 350 oil wells and fishing pots have consequently been seized, depriving Nigeria of potential revenues from these assets.

It is reported that the people of Effiat clan in Mbo Local Government Area of the state claim the Cameroon government in a desperate attempt to cede their communities have lured their village heads into accepting Cameroonian citizenship with documents acknowledging their headship.
The Cameroonian government, which has for sometime now claimed some parts of the state, are said to have operated through some greedy village heads whenever the people resisted paying tax to their government.

These village heads are said to have been issued ‘documents of acknowledgment’ with letterheads of the Republic of Cameroon.
Etim Okon, an Indigene of Effiat Clan, in a chat, suspects that the documents issued by the Cameroon authorities are fake, adding that they do this to get the people’s consent and to present the territory as Cameroonian territory as border demarcation between Nigeria and Cameroon is ongoing.

The Cameroonian gendarmes, according to Okon, have taken absolute control of the Akwa Ibom territories, which had never been a part of the islands the Federal Government ceded to Cameroon.
“None of the Effiat 16 villages had been ceded to Cameroon when Bakassi Peninsula was ceded to Cameroon by the International Court of Justice at the Hague in 2002,” he said.
He added, “Effiat is an area in Akwa Ibom State and not part of Cross River, where Bakassi Peninsula became an issue.”
Further investigations revealed that the mangrove island, which hosts 16 villages of Effiat clan in Mbo, is currently under the administrative control of the Cameroon authorities.
It could be recalled that the member representing Mbo State Constituency in Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Mr. Samuel Ufuo, last week, presented the issue as matter of urgent public importance to the House, saying that Cameroonian gendarmes terrorise, dehumanise, and deprive the people of their rights and privileges.

The lawmaker noted that a former member who represented the area in the National Assembly, Robinson Uwak, had in January 2015 alerted the Federal Government of the situation in Mbo, but no action was taken since then to demarcate, properly, the maritime boundary between Nigeria and Cameroon as determined by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) during the settlement of the ownership of the Bakassi Peninsula in 2002.
President Muhammadu Buhari, during a visit to his Cameroonian counterpart, Paul Biya, shortly after his inauguration as Nigeria’s president a year ago, assured that the country will continue to abide by the ruling of the ICJ on the Bakassi Peninsula.
Advertisement

He had assured that his administration would ensure the faithful implementation of the Green Tree Agreement, which regulates the ceding of Bakassi to Cameroon.
The state lawmaker maintained that none of the 16 mangrove islands were part of the territory ceded to the Cameroon government by the world court during the Bakassi Peninsula issue.
Ufuo, whose position had earlier been mirrored by Uwak during his presentation to the House of Representatives the previous year, stated with sadness that the affected natives have lost their sources of livelihood.

The Mbo mangrove has approximately 350 oil wells and several Fishing routes believed to be coveted by the Cameroon government.
It was gathered from the record of the votes and proceedings of Wednesday 14 January 2015 of the 7th House of Representatives then led by Mr. Aminu Tambuwal (now Governor of Sokoto State) that the House had made three resolutions on the matter which include setting up an ad-hoc committee to investigate and report within 30 days (beginning from 14th January 2015).

Others were to urge the attorney general and surveyor general of Nigeria to submit all relevant instruments being used in recent delineations by international surveyors as recommended by the United Nations, and to strongly urge the Nigeria government to re-assert its sovereignty over the troubled island with the mandate of protecting Nigerians being maltreated by the Cameroonian gendarmes.

The preceding resolutions, it was learnt, was made after the House received a report on the matter by the then member representing Oron (Oron/Mbo/Okobo/Udung Uko/Urue Offong Oruko) Federal Constituency, Uwak, where it was not only pointed out that the disputed islands were not part of the territory ceded to the Cameroon government by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) during the Bakassi Peninsula issue, but also that the encroachment has led to the loss of about 350 oil wells and gas revenues which ought to accrue to Nigeria.
According to Mr Ufuo, the resolutions were discarded following the electioneering at the time and the subsequent end of tenure the 7th National Assembly in June 2015.

Describing the situation as pathetic, Ufuo said the people of the affected villages are still buying and selling in Mbo and other Akwa Ibom markets, including paying their taxes, boat licenses and other levies to the Akwa Ibom State government.
“Should this annexation by the Republic of Cameroon be allowed to continue after the ongoing demarcation by both countries, Akwa Ibom state and Nigeria as a whole will lose the territory, God forbid, with thousands miles in our coastal water including mineral resources.

“Sadly to note that as a result of the illegal occupation of the islands by the Republic of Cameroon, oil and gas revenues that should accrue to the state and the Nigeria government, employment opportunities to our teeming youths are lost to the Republic of Cameroon.”
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by uncleade(m): 8:42am On Mar 09, 2016
Cameroon should please come and capture Biafra in addition, because Biafra is a PERSONAL NON-GRATA in Nigeria.
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by emi14: 8:54am On Mar 09, 2016
What is your point
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Blakjewelry(m): 9:07am On Mar 09, 2016
kingsfield:
U go first wit d lesson note, we 're coming.
Oya dey prepare I dey go there
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by kingsfield(m): 9:08am On Mar 09, 2016
Blakjewelry:
Oya dey prepare I dey go there
Hahaha
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by COCKCROW: 10:19am On Mar 09, 2016
Nemesis, nemesis and nemesis in action. All that are happening in this zoo are as result of sabotaging of the first republic of Biafra. This is the beginning starting. let me name some:
1. boko haram and no question on who are their sponsors,
2. massacre by fulani headsmen without any arrest made, no question of how they got AK 47 or 49
3. Giving out land to fulani headsmen in every state (have any free land ever given to Ndigbo to build markets in the north?
4. Kidnapping of christians children and forceful conversion and marrying out without parents consent,
5. etc
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Adalberto(m): 10:50am On Mar 09, 2016
evegran:
Seriously?
Buhari should continue touring the world. One day he would return and see Nigeria is a thing of the past. Smh!
hm
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 09, 2016
Atlantian:
If the people living in that village can be treated better why be part of a Nigeria who doesnt give a shit about you ? If Cameroun provides me with social amenities including medicals, welfare and electricity, I go port without thinking twice.

Nigerians are really not educated about neighbouring west african countries. Only ghana (because they speak english).

People here are praising and commending cameroun like its some developed country. Im just lmao! Poor cameroun dt has had a dictator as its president since the 80's and everyone lives and has lived in fear for decades - like in the days of abacha. A country dt bans access to twitter, harrases/imprisons journalists and cancels tv programmes anyhow.
Someone even said he would gladly collect citizenship. SMH.
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by slysteel: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2016
themall:
APRIL 1 is HERE.
If you did geography in school then you would ve been able to tell that borders also includes terirorial waters, thats where borders are drawn up in situations like this
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by lexyclasy: 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
olimeh13:
Akwa ibom and Cameroon do not share common boundaries.....

Op pls delete your post... U are lying.... Stop deceiving people with ur rubbish post
Stop exposing your ignorance here.....Adanga platform for Addax Field is in MBO LGA of AKWA IBOM and they share boundary with Cameroon...the word ADANGA means boundary.....there are alot of oil well within that zone call OML123....ORON WEST SOUTH FIELD DEVELOPMENT which was in existence b4 the creation of MBO LGA.....apart from ADDAX, they also have other producing firm like EXXON MOBIL....UBIT Platform is located within MBO LGA the sea there is black that is where they name d platform UBIT meaning BLACK, AFFREN, MONIPOLU where they have AGBANI platform.....MBO is one of the oil rich LGA in that state
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by lexyclasy: 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

First of all Cameroon is not your so called ant.

She possibly would defeat Nigeria in a military combat. Nigeria that hasn't been able to defeat a non governmental ragtag army of Boko Haram.

She could have other permutations as to the invasion. Eastern Nigeria is not 100 percent loyal to Nigeria. Of which any major conflict begining in that area might ignite alignment and realignment of forces from groups you never expected.

Nigeria, in her right senses, may not want to engage Cameroon from that geographical location.
And u believe u have made contribution with this poo you put up....common sense dont tell you that BOKO haram are deploying guerrilla pattern and other humans as shields they are not having open confrontation with Nig. govt. they are faceless doing hit and hide...please stop polluting sane minds
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by mAskA78(m): 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
Did you now see your lives @ ipoooood youths. you will continue to be embarrassed if you don't want the truth.. during GEJ's tenure, there's no cry of BIAFRA but I wonder, it is when BUHARI took over, because he's not from the south, because of the IGBO tribalism sentiments hates Buhari with no reason.
We are not supposed to fight ourselves as a country, we are not enemies, we are people of one Nation.. Instead we fight those trying to claim our land Nigeria... And I bet you, if conflicts continue to happen in Nigeria, more like that of Cameroon will continue to happen
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
slysteel:
If you did geography in school then you would ve been able to tell that borders also includes terirorial waters, thats where borders are drawn up in situations like this
I did rudimentary geography, but have even forgotten every relief, season and boundaries. But everyone must be wary of April 1 news story
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Ogbuefi2020: 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
Acjohn:
Those praying and fasting for Biafra, I hope they are preparing for such visitations from Cameroonians.
The only thing restricting they and France is the size of Nigeria and they just woke up because Nigeria has a travelling President.
France supported Biafra during the war. They are still allies till date
Re: Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag by Acjohn(m): 4:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

France supported Biafra during the war. They are still allies till date
Who told you?
France wanted the country to break into small units so that they can suppress them as they do the francophone countries till date. Nigeria had served as a standard and a source of hope to the whole West Africa subregion but with their division it is over.
little wonder they supported BH and asked Cameroon to return their citizens captured to France without question. since then did you hear anything about them? if you think they did that because of Biafra and not because of their hate for Nigeria including the Igbos then you are mistaken.
I pity myopic people like you who allowed themselves to be used by politicians in search for cheap popularity.
like the devil, France would claim to be in support of Biafra till everything is broken like Syria and they, like Russian, and Germans are doing in Syria as we speak, would start laying conditions on how to divide the spoil.
that is when you will know that you didn't only waste your time but dug a pit for yourself.
if your claims are with respect to the incessant killing, I would say braze yourself for vengeance. that is what has brought peace to Jos today. if they kill one and you kill ten, no body would want to kill again but if they kill one and you wait for the government for help, they would kill more.
wake up, the difference between Biafra and Nigeria is just the spelling, it is same ppl. creating Biafra would not guarantee peace or take way the corruption.
what I see playing out is what I watched in the game of thrown. Humans against each other and white walkers against humans.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Atiku Ranks Number One, Buhari 12, On Twitter Trending Worldwide- Pictures / Abba Moro Wins Benue South Senate Seat, Replaces David Mark after 20 years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.