Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Very Very Important...different Between Colored And Black/white Cv In Labour Mkt - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Very Very Important...different Between Colored And Black/white Cv In Labour Mkt (1067 Views)

FREE CV Template: Create A Professional CV In 15 Minutes Or Less / FG Uncovers 925 Hard-to-fill Vacancies In Labour Market / Don't Ever Submit CV In PDF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Very Important...different Between Colored And Black/white Cv In Labour Mkt by Bekeey: 6:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
I learn t that some people do forward there CVs in a colored format...

1 How necessary and good it is?

2 Does it apply chances of shortlisting?

3 Is it competitive among the competitors?

4 Does it seems attractive?

Please I need to know how vital it is in a mix of competitors or just a waist of money as it not the same as normal black and white

1 Like

Re: Very Very Important...different Between Colored And Black/white Cv In Labour Mkt by Bekeey: 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
More than 87 hv viewed no comments...Nawa oooo
Re: Very Very Important...different Between Colored And Black/white Cv In Labour Mkt by amicable09(f): 11:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
Bekeey:
More than 87 hv viewed no comments...Nawa oooo
Lol.
I'll comment soon... booting.
Re: Very Very Important...different Between Colored And Black/white Cv In Labour Mkt by Udochee(m): 12:02am On Mar 09, 2016
black & white will do abegg..met someone who brought coloured printed cv to an interview & still didnt get the job.what matters most is what you have upstairs, how well you know your cv & GOD..on a lighter note if u still want to submit/print out colored copies just remember 'dollar has gone up'

3 Likes

Re: Very Very Important...different Between Colored And Black/white Cv In Labour Mkt by Moyarh(m): 12:25am On Mar 09, 2016
Doesn't count.
Instead, you should try as much as possible to remove all forms of distractions, same reason why putting pictures on your cv isnt really a good idea.

What really matters is your ability to organize your cv with good spacing, makes it easy for them to go through.

Focus more on brushing up the sellable skills on your cv, employers pay more attention to that.

1 Like

Re: Very Very Important...different Between Colored And Black/white Cv In Labour Mkt by Moyarh(m): 12:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Just to add...
I once attended an interview and the second question i was asked out of the blue was "what is your favourite color?"
I was almost thrown off balance cos i dint expect tht but i answered... the next 5 questions were also about color, and this had absolutely nothing to do with the job.
I later learnt that, colours tell alot about a persons character, who you are and how you may relate with others in the work environment or handle some issues...
Now imagine using the wrong colors in your cv which may not truely repesent who you are, just cos u want to 'design' it. It will send the wrong message to the interviewers (if you happen to meet the kind i met).

Long and short is, stick to black and white. Plain and simple, easy to read.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancies / Job Opportunity At Any City Of Your Choice / Urgent Recruitment .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.