Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units (51940 Views)

FG Splits NIPOST Into 7 Zones, 6 Business Units / President Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units; Names New Heads / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by tunde1200(m): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2016
grin You wicked jonathan we go still go jail if care if really we are ready for this nation!

fortune1968:
leave them alone .They need to meet jonathan for appointments,
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by tunde1200(m): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2016
grin You wicked oo! Jonathan wey go still go jail if really we are ready for this nation!

fortune1968:
leave them alone .They need to meet jonathan for appointments,
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 09, 2016
Grundig:
In essense the NNPC no longer exists. . .right?

These new units will work independently like PPMC, DPR etc or have those been scrapped as well??

DPR is a regulator for the whole industry and entire value chain. It still stands. However, it is currently going through serious internal reorganization which has seen it improve dramatically in its functions. This internal reshuffling is important after a given period as it encourages growth and promotes experience and quickens the system.

For a long time (years ago) before this NNPC new structure, DPR had been broken into Upstream, Downstream, Gas, H.S.E, Engineering and Standards, Finance & Accounts, Corporate Services, Strategies and Planning.

DPR remains the Oil and Gas Industry "police" and will continue to do so as long as the oil and gas industry/ministry still exists in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 09, 2016
Naija9090:
All I see is northerners as executive directors. One Nigeria is all about oil... Nonsense!

Next time use your head and not your anus , Henry Ikem-Onih (downstream); Anibor Kragha (Refineries),babatunde Adeniran, Ventures Are not northern names bro

1 Like

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by blackprowler: 6:36am On Mar 09, 2016
franchizy:
Where are there no igbos in this list of appointments.
It pains me how the igbos are over marginalized.
For Gods sake, Buhari must carry the igbos along. We are part of Nigeria and we remain one united Nigerians.
i condemn this list, i condemn it , i condemn it.
We igbos never bargained for this kind of marginilization.
Igbos voted massively for Buhari but the election results were manipulated.
I urge all igbos to rise up and condemn this list.

And who exactly is the senior to all these people just given the appointment? Nigeria is like a rotten yam where people say if we peel the outside the yam will be edible inside, not knowing its all same. The outside are the leaders, the inside is the rest of Nigeria
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 6:41am On Mar 09, 2016
good move, but its a Journey of illegality, without the enabling laws. this is suppose to go through the national assembly.
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by smoothlips(m): 6:44am On Mar 09, 2016
Naija9090:
All I see is northerners as executive directors. One Nigeria is all about oil... Nonsense!
KAI!!!! so that was all you saw?
you have a very short sight.....I expected a broader view from you but you have never failed to disappoint

1 Like

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by rottennaija(m): 6:51am On Mar 09, 2016
franchizy:
Where are there no igbos in this list of appointments.
It pains me how the igbos are over marginalized.
For Gods sake, Buhari must carry the igbos along. We are part of Nigeria and we remain one united Nigerians.
i condemn this list, i condemn it , i condemn it.
We igbos never bargained for this kind of marginilization.
Igbos voted massively for Buhari but the election results were manipulated.
I urge all igbos to rise up and condemn this list.

Thought u said u needed ipob? That u can build your own roads and bridges, that u dnt need Nigeria?

PMB needs to put people he can trust there, not people that will sabotage his effort so that tomorrow, you will say, that he failed.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by Johnnyhardex(m): 6:56am On Mar 09, 2016
Not a bad move though... Guess it will bring more productivity through specialization and division of labour
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by rottennaija(m): 6:56am On Mar 09, 2016
aleege:
Imbalance appointment

PMB needs to put people he can trust there, at least for now, not people that will sabotage his effort so that tomorrow, you will say, that he failed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by KBrown: 7:02am On Mar 09, 2016
[
author=onojiwizardgmailcom post=43605415]good move, but its a Journey of illegality, without the enabling laws. this is suppose to go through the national assembly.[/quote
]
You may be right but the National Assembly has been a cog in the wheel of progress in that sector. Considering the seriousness of the bill which has been frustrated by past assemblies for decades, one expected the 8th assembly to make it a priority instead of debating over exotic cars and the like. Buhari needs to take the bull by the horn like he has done. Otherwise, they would make him fail like past leaders and nobody will remember to blame the NASS.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by str8talk1: 7:05am On Mar 09, 2016
Where is d federal character here? NE,NW,NC- 4, SW - 1, SE - 1, SS - 1 This country has bn northernized & scammed! Yolobas see d change u wanted.
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by Ikology(m): 7:16am On Mar 09, 2016
tit:

liar
you should be ashamed of yoursef.

maybe buhari should handover lai mohammed job to you.

The guy is Igbo wannabe. Ignore him. He is only interested in directing hatred to Igbos.

Cc Francisy
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by utytill(m): 7:26am On Mar 09, 2016
same people,different tittle.nothing new.
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by hmuhammad(m): 7:27am On Mar 09, 2016
sweetgala:

The nation has no obligation to "carry anyone along" it has a duty to ensure the best get the job, with equal opportunity for all to throw their hat in the ring.

Is Ibe Kachwuku not Delta Igbo ?
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by hmuhammad(m): 7:30am On Mar 09, 2016
leisuretym:
look at the list- this is a northern / Islamic agenda and the niger deltan who own the oil get nothing! too bad!!

namely Bello Rabiu for Upstream _ Northerner muslim

Saudu Mohammed (Gas & Power) ­ Northerner muslim

The Group Executive Director in charge of Finance & Services would be Isiaka Abdulrazaq _ Northerner muslim

while the Executive Head, Corporate Services will be Isa Inuwa. Northerner muslim

yoruba and igbo one slot each! hmmmm... we can now see the change..

before we forget, who will be the chairman of the cattle rears?
one per region
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by Prales(m): 7:30am On Mar 09, 2016
I really pity these 'Southern Nigeria' children of perdition. Ranting and beefing one another on the internet. By the time you realize what has hit you, there might be no Southern Nigeria to call you own. Don't show me how well you can yab the other tribe, show me how we can speak with one voice and form a united front.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by mbourie(m): 7:32am On Mar 09, 2016
BE811APP:
Give us fuel...

if u like unbundle d country

we need fuell..

we need a better economy

we need N1=$1 angry angry angry

cry cry

The country called Nigeria is in a bad state...The so-called leaders have a way of doing things to the extent that they cripple their hoodwinked followers or citizens.

They have made the citizens forget about power supply; all they are asking for now is fuel in order for them to run their power plant. You are "blessed" with Natural resources, you cannot get it....Great Britain dont have this natural resources, but they serve themselves at the filling station.....Permit me, Nigeria is a cursed and failed country!!!
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by Deen77: 7:33am On Mar 09, 2016
KINGTELLER:
does that make fuel to be available?

We need new refineries to meet our demand, for 16 we depend on importation when we have d resource to build wasting our foreign exchange.
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 09, 2016
kaorama:
This is nothing new. The template was already in place before this govt came in. This means nothing as longer as it doesn't translate to better hospitals and classrooms.
Had it been that you started demanding for all those things during your brothers tenure,by now we would have had enough of it,but here are you talking with so much pains in your heart,i just pity you and yours.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by banki(m): 7:41am On Mar 09, 2016
str8talk1:
Where is d federal character here?
NE,NW,NC- 4,
SW - 1,
SE - 1,
SS - 1
This country has bn northernized & scammed!
Yolobas see d change u wanted.

Lol,how has the country been northenised if each geopolitical zone has 1, director and only 1 geopolitical zone has 2...
Let's also remember that they report to the Gm NNPC who is from the ss so abeg what is the problem?

Should we be talking about the benefits of the deal or the ethnicity of the dealers

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by mapet: 7:41am On Mar 09, 2016
kaorama:
This is nothing new. The template was already in place before this govt came in. This means nothing as longer as it doesn't translate to better hospitals and classrooms.

1. Wrong. What template?
2. The only thing in the works, which seems to have been tacitly abandoned is the PIB and this is not what was proposed in the PIB
3. This is Kachikwu's program
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by mapet: 7:44am On Mar 09, 2016
asuustrike2009:

.... I can't see any change the APC lead government are preaching because they are copying what GEJ did to the South West

.....that in itself is change grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by adanny01(m): 7:48am On Mar 09, 2016
Naija9090:

Those replying me...something is pschologically wrong with you.

Northerners...all core North
Saudu Mohammed (Gas & Power)..Core North
Bello Rabiu for Upstream...Core North
Isiaka Abdulrazaq for Finance & Services...Core North
Isa Inuwa for Corporate Services....Core North. Inuwa is from popular Hausa Fulani parentage of Muhammad Inuwa...former Emir of Kano!

Where are people from North Central...Benue, Kogi,Plateau, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger? Are they not northerners also? Who is deceiving who? Nonsense!

South
Babatunde Adeniran, Ventures. (South West)
Henry Ikem-Onih , downstream (South East)
Anibor Kragha, Refineries (South South)

Isiaka Abdulrazaq is a Muslim Yoruba name that at best would come from Kogi or Kwara in the North central or Soutth west.

Isa Inuwa is 50% chance to be a Northern christian. Some northern christians have Hausa backgroud such that their names sound more Hausa than Christian. Isa is Jesus in the Bible and Koran. Inuwa is shadow in Hausa. So he can be from anywhere in the north. I am from South kaduna, a Christian and have an uncle called Inuwa, cousin called Isa, others called Jamila, Fatima, Bello who have no muslim or Hausa geneology to have gotten the names.

Its sound too convenient for you to place them from where you want them so you can make a point. The north is more complicated than you think.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by mapet: 7:51am On Mar 09, 2016
gretblue:

franchizy: :

In Abia we have NKALI, OWAZA, UMUEKPE, NDOKI, ASA, AFAM, IMO RIVER FLOW STATIONS.
This just to name but a few. be sure of something before you argue.
You don't even know the difference between an oil producing communities and communities with oil flow stations.shame on you. Go school you know gree go.There is different between oil producing communities and host communities.Am patiently waiting to hear which communities in Anambra are oil producing communities.

shocked shocked shocked :oO Chezuz!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked@Franchizy....so you're counting flow station as Oil producing asset? and you have the nerve to tell someone to be sure of something before he argues grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin "morogo" shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by Naija9090: 7:52am On Mar 09, 2016
adanny01:

Isiaka Abdulrazaq is a Muslim Yoruba name that at best would come from Kogi or Kwara in the North central or Soutth west.

Isa Inuwa is 50% chance to be a Northern christian. Some northern christians have Hausa backgroud such that their names sound more Hausa than Christian. Isa is Jesus in the Bible and Koran. Inuwa is shadow in Hausa. So he can be from anywhere in the north. I am from South kaduna, a Christian and have an uncle called Inuwa, cousin called Isa, others called Jamila, Fatima, Bello who have no muslim or Hausa geneology to have gotten the names.

Its sound too convenient for you to place them from where you want them so you can make a point. The north is more complicated than you think.

I'll confirm Isiaka Abdulrazaq. Isa Inuwa is from Muhammad Inuwa family of Kano...former Emir of Kano.
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by mapet: 7:53am On Mar 09, 2016
Naija9090:

I'll confirm Isiaka Abdulrazaq. Isa Inuwa is from Muhammad Inuwa family of Kano...former Emir of Kano.

He is from Kwara

1 Like

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by emi14: 7:57am On Mar 09, 2016
kropotkin2:
condemn it all you want, the list still stands. By the way that list was not compiled by Buhari but by his igbo minister and NNPC chief executive
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by nanaman(m): 7:59am On Mar 09, 2016
Naija9090:

Those replying me...something is psychologically wrong with you.

Northerners...all core North
Saudu Mohammed (Gas & Power)..Core North
Bello Rabiu for Upstream...Core North
Isiaka Abdulrazaq for Finance & Services...Core North
Isa Inuwa for Corporate Services....Core North. Inuwa is from popular Hausa Fulani parentage of Muhammad Inuwa...former Emir of Kano!

Where are people from North Central...Benue, Kogi,Plateau, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger? Are they not northerners also? Who is deceiving who? Nonsense!

South
Babatunde Adeniran, Ventures. (South West)
Henry Ikem-Onih , downstream (South East)
Anibor Kragha, Refineries (South South)

I wish we can stop all these marginalisation cry. Let him choose the best hands he deems fit for any position. Let us do away with all these ethnic issues. It will not get us anywhere bro.

In the last administration, from the President to the Chief Justice there was no Westerner in the cabinet and things went fine. Stop sentiments please. A better Nigeria is all we need.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by sallyopy(f): 8:00am On Mar 09, 2016
brainpower:
I like the move. Kachikwu to me is the best thing to happen to this cabinet. He knows his onions about the oil sector.

But if I may ask, do they have the constitutional right to "unbundle" the NNPC without approval from the jokers at NASS?
if they don't it wouldn't have been done.
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by adanny01(m): 8:00am On Mar 09, 2016
Naija9090:

I want to correct a perception of names sounding Hausa but could be different. For example, Kogi people use alot of Hausa names.
Re: Buhari Unbundles NNPC Into 7 Units by Od31(m): 8:01am On Mar 09, 2016
It really baffles me how we nigerians think. Appointments from zones has been our major problem for a long time. when are we going to look beyond this zone thing, and think about putting competent people who will work and give results no matter where they come from? Appointment by zone is just to satisfy political interest and not interest of people and good result. For me as long as the person appointed is a nigerian and he is competent enough to give good result why not. if the person comes from your village and he is not capable to run the establishment what gain do you have? We should just stop all this crap called zone marginalization of appointment. it has not yielded any result so far? There are histories of people appointed to represent some zones and nothing was done in those zones to benefit the ordinary people.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 / EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi / Buhari Sacks His CSO, Appoints Usman As Replacement- Theeagleonline.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.