Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD (16318 Views)

Breaking News: Tension, Tears In Owerri Over Market Demolition (pictures&videos) / Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Man Demands The Arrest Of Jonathan At The National Assembly Over The Arms Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 09, 2016
booked
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by thefakestan: 10:11am On Mar 09, 2016
Lagoon is loading!

$

ThefakeStan
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Naija9090: 10:11am On Mar 09, 2016
b
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Darejyde(m): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2016
These Hausa guys get mind oh! Sum thing you can't try in their land and the come here to misbehave to the extent of even killing people who were hospitable to you, I don't blame them I blame the agbero and area bois and all those omo onile who don't knw any thing than fight and rip innocent people instead of collecting money and do the job of protecting and living up to their name in their territory! Mtschwwww..........
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Trulie(m): 10:15am On Mar 09, 2016
oba akinapawpaw don repent.
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by PHfinest(m): 10:16am On Mar 09, 2016
Ma. Ma
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by oluizi(m): 10:18am On Mar 09, 2016
I can still remember this same man they call oba o lagos and the comments he made against the Igbo people during the last general elections.posterity will judge all those who are in the biznes of fooling and hijacking the peoples power. Now he is crying foul play after voting a terrorist regime. This is just the beginning,if we don't act fast before all sleeper cells are activated only God can save us all.
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by olumalcolm(m): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2016
Pls his royal highness,dnt bring dis pple to ikd cos if u do,i can bet wit everytin I hv,it won't tk up to 6months b4 u c d repercussions. We r nt slaves in ikorodu,we r OGA and we will nt accept any intimidation watsoeva so I beg u relocate dem as far as badagry or d lagoon. D traffic we face on a daily basis on ikorodu road is hell nt to tlk of adding dose animals to our problems. We won't accept dem bt if u force dem on us,den b rest assured we will gv dem smtin to remember 4 generations to come. I am no supporter of any political party,b it pdp,apc,hiv watsoeva bt d truth b told if u can domolish ladipo market witout relocation,den we dnt nid to relocate mile12 and if u wnt to,pls relocate dem to berger side, dere is enof land 4 dem to misbehave and if dey do,we knw where to go and deal wit dem. Iono wu even brot us 2geda in d first place angry

2 Likes

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by BabaIbo: 10:19am On Mar 09, 2016
LoL
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by eddyslim(m): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Why he no throw the Abokis into the lagoon this time around?

Ndia ara
Heheheheheh, my man lagoon don full already. Fear fear oba

1 Like

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by tobiasbeecher: 10:21am On Mar 09, 2016
bigmarshal:

despite the fact that freedom of speech is boldly written in our constitution we should learn how to control the ourselves while commenting on any issue, abusive word of this nature is a taboo in Yoruba land to his royal Highness,the younger one this days making use of online like nairaland to pass insult to elderly ones old enough to born your father, if you like you can call your own eze in your remote village ndi ara bt never say that to my King again (emi o ni ki gambari ma sun rara sugbon ko ma ki baba temi) learn to respect your host shikena.
Mr man stop ranting, your Oba is a coward simple! Just accept it, it's not anybody's fault, some people are born cowards. You can't do anything about it. Though it's a shame that an oba is a coward

8 Likes

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by eddyslim(m): 10:22am On Mar 09, 2016
chei, this oba wey been do open eye for the igbos. Fear north.
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by aviazuva: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2016
Hahahahaha. See how oba resemble Ese Oruru
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Goke7: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2016
Those against the relocation of mile 12 market are just too myopic, anyone who passes that road on a daily basis knows the planned relocation of the market is a welcome development and as for those saying it will bring more hardship to Ikorodu residents if relocated there, they too are ignorant cos the site of relocation is on the far outskirts of lagos which is the ijebu-ode - itokin road which will divert all the trucks bringing food stuff away from the Lagos entirely. The only reasonable thing to advise Govt is to make the itokin road a double carriage way but then its an interstate road which the Federal Govt have to do themselves.

The relocation of mile 12 market is defenelty inevitable whether haters like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Goke7: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2016
Those against the relocation of mile 12 market are just too myopic, anyone who passes that road on a daily basis knows the planned relocation of the market is a welcome development and as for those saying it will bring more hardship to Ikorodu residents if relocated there, they too are ignorant cos the site of relocation is on the far outskirts of lagos which is the ijebu-ode - itokin road which will divert all the trucks bringing food stuff away from the Lagos entirely. The only reasonable thing to advise Govt is to make the itokin road a double carriage way but then its an interstate road which the Federal Govt have to do themselves.

The relocation of mile 12 market is surely inevitable whether haters like it or not.
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Goke7: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2016
oluizi:
I can still remember this same man they call oba o lagos and the comments he made against the Igbo people during the last general elections.posterity will judge all those who are in the biznes of fooling and hijacking the peoples power. Now he is crying foul play after voting a terrorist regime. This is just the beginning,if we don't act fast before all sleeper cells are activated only God can save us all.

must you guys always cry over your matter even when its not being discussed? na wa for una o
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Richtop77(m): 10:33am On Mar 09, 2016
akinszz:
See tunrinchi***

Ba tunrinchi walahiiii... grin grin grin grin
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Sunbellar: 10:34am On Mar 09, 2016
Oba lagoon
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by pulsa(m): 10:35am On Mar 09, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Mr man stop ranting, your Oba is a coward simple! Just accept it, it's not anybody's fault, some people are born cowards. You can't do anything about it. Though it's a shame that an oba is a coward
am a Yoruba and yes you are right he is a coward, the oba of Lagos is the lowest oba in the ranking of Yoruba obas this can't happen in Oyo when the alafin of Oyo is ever sitting on his throne.
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Zenfarm: 10:36am On Mar 09, 2016
Something i noticed in the report though, "The Sarakin Hausawa of Lagos State"..... I don't know the full interpretation of it but i guess it's the leader of the Hausas in Lagos. If this is so, then why berate the Ibos when they have "Eze ndi Igbo" is different places where they reside?

1 Like

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Richtop77(m): 10:36am On Mar 09, 2016
hurricaneChris:
The Oba "have speak" grin grin

Ba tunrinchi walahiiii... grin grin grin grin
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by iokpebholo: 10:37am On Mar 09, 2016
All hail d lagoon loving oba grin he is notin but a disgrace to royalty.well nofin kwonsern me cos I dey gbadu my oba of Benin well well.oba ar tor kpe eh,iseeeh!!!!b

1 Like

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by haibe(m): 10:42am On Mar 09, 2016
While relocating the market may be a good idea, relocation to ikorodu is a very silly decision, I mean the traffic in ikorodu presently is unbearable, and they are still thinking of relocating that market there? They should put the market in an area where not so many people reside in.. There is just one route to ikorodu for Christ sake, it may be a good idea when there is a fourth mainland bridge linking ikorodu to other areas but definitely not now.
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by femifemo123: 10:45am On Mar 09, 2016
hurricaneChris:
The Oba "have speak" grin grin
Omo you go fear grammar grin grin
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by haibe(m): 10:48am On Mar 09, 2016
Goke7:

The relocation of mile 12 market is defenelty inevitable whether haters like it or not.

Please where will they pass if they are going to Ijebu ode? You think they go and bass abeokuta-sagamu-ijebu ode? Oga wake up, majority will pass the ever congested ikorodu Road to link to link Ijebu ode, it is never a welcome development.. They should relocate the market to an area where not so many people reside in.. If am not mistakin, ikorodu has the largest population in lagos state and there is just one Road linking ikorodu for those in lagos..
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by leisuretym: 10:54am On Mar 09, 2016
if the Oba talk, you will run to International Amnesty , now that he didnt talk, you are crying..

Anyway!
you do not give people who are known for giving birth like rats such chance, they are fighting cos they want to expand, you must get them away from mile 12 but ensure you keep them in a place surrounded my water, that way, it will be hard for them to over spread, they will not be able to expand beyond their limit, take example of Trans Amadi Slaughter Zoo market in Port Harcorut, its one way in and one way out! curtail them with that measure! moving them to Ogun state will make them because a large community and you wont be able to control them again, an example of Jos North Local government, they now own the Jos North local government, seats in the house of rep and now agitating to produce the next governor, you dont know the people you are dealing with ..Lol.

1 Like

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by Goke7: 10:59am On Mar 09, 2016
haibe:

Please where will they pass if they are going to Ijebu ode? You think they go and bass abeokuta-sagamu-ijebu ode? Oga wake up, majority will pass the ever congested ikorodu Road to link to link Ijebu ode, it is never a welcome development.. They should relocate the market to an area where not so many people reside in.. If am not mistakin, ikorodu has the largest population in lagos state and there is just one Road linking ikorodu for those in lagos..

Just tell me say you no sabi road so people can give you direction, Amosun has built a fly over bridge over the benin -sagamu express way when you are linking Ijebu-ode through the Itokin_ikorodu road. From Ikorodu, folks who are linking the benin-sagamu exprees road has no business going through Lagos-Ibadan express road. And if you are coming into Ikorodu from the Benin- Sagamu express road, you have no business getting to sagamu.
The relocation of mile 12 market will actually decongest Ikorodu road as a whole. Mile 12 and owode markets are the reason for the congestion. I went to Ikorodu over the weekend and I breezed thru because mile 12 market was shut.
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by MrEverest(m): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2016
Cowardice really runs in some people's veins, from their leaders to the masses on the street. Just look at the same baboon that was forming toughie & threatning the Igbos with lagoon drowning because they wanted to exercise their inalienable right of enfranchisement, the same baboon is now preaching peace to the Hausas to stop killing, maiming & destroying his peoples properties! He could not threaten again, even in the face of such blatant intimidation, he could not even tell them to stop doing to them in Lagos what they wont tolerate in Kano!! I have seen cowardice, I have seen timidity but non compares to the shameful & disgusting servitude & slavery on display by our fellows from the West to the Northerners**spits**

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by MissSlimbody(f): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2016
That is all he has to say

The same Oba that said the "Igbos will drown in the Lagoon" if they vote Jimi Agbaje (Whom they have every right to vote).

Hypocrisy at its peak undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by potbelly(m): 11:01am On Mar 09, 2016
Does relocating the market stop the ethnic clashes? Do these people reason at all? Instead of calling a meeting between the leaders of the ethnic groups and ensure they sensitive their communities against any form of violence. *smh for these set of leaders and legislators*

1 Like

Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by haibe(m): 11:15am On Mar 09, 2016
Goke7:

Just tell me say you no sabi road so people can give you direction, Amosun has built a fly over bridge over the benin -sagamu express way when you are linking Ijebu-ode through the Itokin_ikorodu road. From Ikorodu, folks who are linking the benin-sagamu exprees road has no business going through Lagos-Ibadan express road. And if you are coming into Ikorodu from the Benin- Sagamu express road, you have no business getting to sagamu.
The relocation of mile 12 market will actually decongest Ikorodu road as a whole. Mile 12 and owode markets are the reason for the congestion. I went to Ikorodu over the weekend and I breezed thru because mile 12 market was shut.

Oga I stay at ikorodu and know very well what has been happening, you still haven't gotten the point, the mile 12 market is mainly a food market for lagos state and not for the whole Nigeria.. How would every other part of Lagos State get to Ijebu ode if they won't prefer to pass ikorodu Road? You think they will prefer to go and pass abeokuta to link Sagamu? The bridge amosun built would be favouring those in ogun state mainly and not lagosians who use the mile 12 market mainly .

Also you experienced free drive along mile 12 not because the market was closed. It is because of the covets used as a guide against the mile 12 marketers crossing and blocking the whole Road, so basically even before mile 12 was shut we have been having a free ride along that area because of the initiative of putting the covet to stop those crossing and blocking the roads from the market.. It is therefore better that the market remains in mile 12 and I know it will remain there because the oba of ikorodu once complained about the congestion of the road linking ikorodu, so am pretty sure it will not be moved to such a location, it will end up staying in mile 12.

Their best bet is to take the market to badagry or places with low population.
Re: Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD by nosike3(m): 11:28am On Mar 09, 2016
bigmarshal:

despite the fact that freedom of speech is boldly written in our constitution we should learn how to control the ourselves while commenting on any issue, abusive word of this nature is a taboo in Yoruba land to his royal Highness,the younger one this days making use of online like nairaland to pass insult to elderly ones old enough to born your father, if you like you can call your own eze in your remote village ndi ara bt never say that to my King again (emi o ni ki gambari ma sun rara sugbon ko ma ki baba temi) learn to respect your host shikena.
Go and die!!! Thanks!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts / IPOB: Brutal Dictator In The South East - David Hundeyin / FG Pledges To Increase Minimum Wage Of Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.